Sephora duo eyeshadow golden kaki # 6

on 2/20/2013 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been meaning to review this eyeshadow for some time now. I think I have had it for about 6 months and I reach for it often. It is a generous compact of two matte colors. Although the color is called Golden Kaki, I find the two colors to be in the brown family and very cool toned. This is the newer paraben free formula made in France. I do think that these eyeshadows are under appreciated. You get a lot of product for the money, about $12 for the pan. The packaging is strictly utilitarian, functional but sturdy. Nothing glamorous here or hard to open. This is a very versatile duo. I often use the darker brown for my eyebrows. Even though I am a slightly warm fair olive, I really can't use warm eyeshadows. They make me look as if I have "pink eye." This is, therefore, a real gem for me...it is quite cool and I don't get the "kaki" moniker at all. I don't find this powdery and the pigmentation is good, too. I always use primer under my es's though so I don't know about longevity on its own. I would rebuy if I had to because I lost it or dropped it but I can't see how I am ever going to hit pan on this one.