Almay One Coat Mascara- Color & Curl

3.1

on 5/30/2010 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I got this product for free when i purchased an almay foundation, thank god!
Pros:
- It curls
- It lengthens
- It thickens

Cons:
- It smudges (Not just a little, I mean you'll get the full panda eye)
- It clumps
- The brush is a bit wierd and you definitely cant use the brush to apply mascara on your lower lashes, it is just too difficult.

Overall:
I did not like, but in saying that it did do what it claims, Lengthen, add volume and curls. It is actually one mascara that I thought kept my lashes curled the longest all day even. I did not like the fact that it clumps and smudges, that is a big no no for me, I'm busy throughout my day and I do not want to have to be concern if my mascara is smudging, it is one thing I do not want to worry or even care about in my busy hectic day.

on 7/20/2008 11:45:00 AM

i can't believe this mascara has been discontinued.. it was my HG mascara.. i probably tried every single brand from Sephora, and all have disappointed me... i have been looking for this for a while now. i finally found it on ebay.. it lengthens, thickens, and volumizes my thin stick straight lashes... the mascara Almay made to replace this is absolutely awful.. i guess i will be saving the mascara wands, instead of throwing them out.. sounds unsanitary i know, but this is the only one that actually gave my lashes the attention they craved...

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I thought I liked this mascara the first time I used it because it looked nice on my lashes. Then I went outside to walk to the store and my lashes kept sticking together. And the weather wasn't even hot outside, it was cold and windy. If it sticks in the cold then I don't even want to think about how badly it sticks in the summer. This is not a good mascara at all.

I bought this in Dark Brown- I love the way it made my lashes look. My HG mascara is L'Oreal Voluminous, but this one was nice, too (for a more natural look.)Would definitely buy again.

Eh. I used Maybelline Full and Soft and wanted a bit more curl. So I bought this mascara. I didn't like it at all! The brush is huge and left so many clumps. Now I'm back to Full and Soft! There is no way I'd ever buy this mascara again.

on 1/18/2006 3:24:00 PM

I loved this mascara! I actually liked the big annoying curvy brush because it made my eyelashes look super thick and curly without the use of a lash curler. Close to #1 for me!

on 11/7/2005 12:10:00 PM

I'm surprised that the reviews are so negative. This is hands down my favorite drugstore mascara and the frequent BOGOF deals are a huge bonus. I curl my lashes first and the mascara holds the curl nicely. On those rushed days when I don't pre-curl, the mascara gives my lashes a nice curl. While it isn't waterproof, it still lasts all day even in wet weather - a must in the Pacific Northwest. It doesn't irritate my very sensitive eyes. The brush isn't great, but you can always use a better one. While it may not be the ultimate in mascara, I'd much rather pay $3-$4 than $20 for something I have to throw out after 3 months. Lastly, you get the warm fuzzies from supporting a company that doesn't test on animals which is always a plus. 8*)

on 5/22/2005 4:38:00 PM

Nothing special.

PROS - doesn't clump or flake, feels soft and natural. Curl - maybe slightly.

CONS - slight raccoon eyes at the end of the day, wish this Color&Curl formula was available in waterproof, that I would try.

Rating - I give this a rating of three for how it performs against other non-waterproof mascaras - it's fair or average; the rating would be lower if i compared this to all mascaras, including waterproof formulas, b/c the raccoon eyes would be unforgivable in comparison to them. continued >>

on 5/10/2005 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is an great basic mascara, and I really like it because it comes in brown, and helps my straight lashes stay curled, and adds some volume. True to its name, you don't have to use more than one coat. The only negative here seems to be the brush, which seems HUGE and its the curvy wand type which I don't care for.

on 2/7/2005 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought this because it was rated the least-toxic mascara in the Environmental Working Group's Skin Deep report. I previously used Maybelline Full-n-Soft, which was rated the most-toxic mascara! This seems to work just as well. Yes, the brush is big, and you definitely have to swipe it with a tissue before you apply, but that's been the case for me with almost every drugstore mascara. Once you swipe the wand, it goes on pretty well and doesn't seem to flake or transfer. It doesn't really curl the lashes at all. I normally use a curler, though, and this didn't cause my lashes to droop back down like some mascaras. For a cheap, less-toxic mascara, this seems like a good pick. It's not perfect, but it's good enough for me.

Top Rated Almay Products