Burt's Bees Lip Shine

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've never tried ANY Burt's Bees products but had heard good things about the lip balms so I thought I'd give the Lip Shine a try in Peachy (013) and I really like it. The color is a sheer, matte, peachy nude, the formulation gives a rich gloss (not hard and cheap looking), has good staying power (2+ hrs, unretouched) and I didn't find it sticky or gritty, as some other reviewers had experienced. I can wear it alone or apply it over my lipstick just to refresh or to add more moisture.

I started using the Lip Shine at a time when my lips were particularly dry and were starting to flake but once I applied it, it instantly made my lips smooth and soft. This after I'd been using a traditional lip balm for the past few days to keep the flakes away without too much success.

I'd repurchase this color and may try other ones too. It was $5 at the Superstore. You have to squeeze the tube and the product dispenses onto a slanted plastic tip. There is a fruity scent but I don't find it overpowering.

I have this in the shade Pucker and originally purchased it in a set with the Red Dahlia lip balm. I like this gloss way more than the Red Dahlia and use this all the time now. I really like to use this on to prep my lips for lipstick. It helps keep my lips in really great shape. I'm a gloss lover and this does not disappoint. It's not super sticky though that can be a good thing depending on the gloss. But this gives a lovely hint of colour and totally moisturizes my lips. I love the shade it gives me a MLBB look and it tastes and smells really nice. I would repurchase this or other shades. Recommended!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Usually I am not a fan of lip gloss because it is slimy, smears, doesn't last, not hydrating enough, etc. but I'm addicted to this one! I initially balked at the price because it is steep but it was worth the price. I also have had bad experiences of Burt's Bees products breaking me out so it's always risky. No problems with that though, and I have Blush, a fairly sheer rosy pink shade. It is a thick formula that melts quickly onto your lips, is very moisturizing and lasts for hours. It smells really peachy and delicious, as various forms of apricot oil are listed about three times in the ingredients. I really like this color too, it looks great on its own but beautiful over any lipstick and liner I wear. It enhances any shade and I think helps preserve the staying power of other lip color too. I want to try other shades eventually but this particular one has been pretty handy and HG!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I have this in Pucker and tried my sister's in Smooch. Pucker is a faint rosy color, very similar to Dr. Pepper Lip Smackers. The Smooch color is very close to Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey.

Texture: it's a little sticky and has a faint scent/taste that fades quickly. It's not gritty and doesn't smell weird, unlike Burt's Bees loathsome Tinted Lip Balm.

Packaging: I like squeezy-tube gloss like this though it's not for everyone.

I'll probably repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Bought a 3 pack of lip shines for my 10 year old daughter for Xmas - saw it in Whole Foods and bought it on a whim. The glosses (shines) are in tubes and are just OK. Not great - not even that good.

Would not re-purchase.

Live & Learn,

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Gritty!!!

I purchased this in Juicy Peach, hoping it would add moisture and a bit of shine. The formula is SO gritty I hate using it. The color is a pinky/nude type shade.

It smells fruity, the shine lasts a while, and is only a tiny bit sticky, but I hate the little chunks in the formula. The product also contains glitter, which I am not a fan of.

I have this in the "Smooch" shade and I love it - great moisturizer with a pop of color. This particular shade reminds me very much of Clinique's Black Honey - but more sheer and buildable. This is my go-to when I can't figure out what gloss to wear - and as an added bonus it keeps my lips soft and smooth.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This lip shine is fantastic and is my go-to for a pop of juicy shine over a faint lip stain. I used to wear Maybelline's lip glosses when I lived in Europe, but when I came to America, I discovered all natural, gorgeous Burt's Bees products and have been using their lip gloss on and off for the last five years.

This lip shine is in numerous ways a step-up from the previous Burt's Bees Super Shiny lip gloss. Lip shine has a pleasantly richer moisturizing formula that is still smooth. Scent is fruity and pleasant, and the taste is neutral - a little "yogurt-y" (as opposed to "oily" of the previous lip gloss version). I really like that the formula is shimmer-free and the colors are simple, sheer, and universally flattering. I have it in Wink (cool pink) and it does add some color to my lip stain. It also holds on better and keeps my lips more moisturized than a lip balm over lip stain would. Slanted tip applicator makes it easy to apply and the cap closes tightly - the tube has never, ever leaked through months of carrying it in my makeup bag. I enjoy the simple, a little more chic design of this tube.

Overall, Burt's Bees lip shine is a fun product to use! It adds a pleasant shine, moisture, and a little color, enhancing the beauty of your lips with 100% natural ingredients! It retails for $7 at my local CVS, which is a reasonable price considering how well-crafted this product is. I will repurchase without a doubt.

I generally don't wear shiny glosses because I'm just not that big of a fan of super shiny lips. But I also don't like anything with a glitter or shimmer and I'm not much into lipstick anymore, which means I pretty much stay away from most lip products save for balms and the occasional lip shines.

I also prefer a more natural look, which is what attracted me to this lip shine - the light raspberry shade (called Pucker - 050) with just a bit of shine. It's just a slight bit darker than my natural light pink lips, so it adds a nice amount of colour without looking too obvious.

Pros:

Packaging: the slanted applicator tip makes for a neat and easy application.

Colour: it's understated and natural-looking; great for a casual or work look.

Texture: unlike the MAC Lipglass (which I HATE), this lip shine is not terribly sticky nor does it highlight dry skin on the lips. That said, it doesn't have much in the way of staying power, so if that's what you're looking for this is not for you.

Moisturizing Factor: it's lightly moisturizing and my lips feel smooth even after it's worn off.

Cons:

Scent: the pomegranate-like scent seems a bit strong at first and maybe even off-putting. But it's not so bad once it's on and it's even become nicer to me over time.

Overall, it's a decent product. I'd definitely buy it again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased this in Pucker, which is a nice cherry-pink color. This gloss has grapefruit scent that is refreshing and not at all heavy or overwhelming. It is slightly sticky but less sticky than any other gloss I've used. Really nice color and no shimmer.

Recommended for Medium Skin