September 30, 2014 | 1808 users online

Lip Gloss - Burt's Bees - Lip Shine

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2014 12:57:00 PM More reviews by slfalk

I have this in the "Smooch" shade and I love it - great moisturizer with a pop of color. This particular shade reminds me very much of Clinique's Black Honey - but more sheer and buildable. This is my go-to when I can't figure out what gloss to wear - and as an added bonus it keeps my lips soft and smooth.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by Lossea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This lip shine is fantastic and is my go-to for a pop of juicy shine over a faint lip stain. I used to wear Maybelline's lip glosses when I lived in Europe, but when I came to America, I discovered all natural, gorgeous Burt's Bees products and have been using their lip gloss on and off for the last five years.

This lip shine is in numerous ways a step-up from the previous Burt's Bees Super Shiny lip gloss. Lip shine has a pleasantly richer moisturizing formula that is still smooth. Scent is fruity and pleasant, and the taste is neutral - a little "yogurt-y" (as opposed to "oily" of the previous lip gloss version). I really like that the formula is shimmer-free and the colors are simple, sheer, and universally flattering. I have it in Wink (cool pink) and it does add some color to my lip stain. It also holds on better and keeps my lips more moisturized than a lip balm over lip stain would. Slanted tip applicator makes it easy to apply and the cap closes tightly - the tube has never, ever leaked through months of carrying it in my makeup bag. I enjoy the simple, a little more chic design of this tube.

Overall, Burt's Bees lip shine is a fun product to use! It adds a pleasant shine, moisture, and a little color, enhancing the beauty of your lips with 100% natural ingredients! It retails for $7 at my local CVS, which is a reasonable price considering how well-crafted this product is. I will repurchase without a doubt.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2013 5:50:00 PM More reviews by nreid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I generally don't wear shiny glosses because I'm just not that big of a fan of super shiny lips. But I also don't like anything with a glitter or shimmer and I'm not much into lipstick anymore, which means I pretty much stay away from most lip products save for balms and the occasional lip shines.

I also prefer a more natural look, which is what attracted me to this lip shine - the light raspberry shade (called Pucker - 050) with just a bit of shine. It's just a slight bit darker than my natural light pink lips, so it adds a nice amount of colour without looking too obvious.

Pros:

Packaging: the slanted applicator tip makes for a neat and easy application.

Colour: it's understated and natural-looking; great for a casual or work look.

Texture: unlike the MAC Lipglass (which I HATE), this lip shine is not terribly sticky nor does it highlight dry skin on the lips. That said, it doesn't have much in the way of staying power, so if that's what you're looking for this is not for you.

Moisturizing Factor: it's lightly moisturizing and my lips feel smooth even after it's worn off.

Cons:

Scent: the pomegranate-like scent seems a bit strong at first and maybe even off-putting. But it's not so bad once it's on and it's even become nicer to me over time.

Overall, it's a decent product. I'd definitely buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2013 3:43:00 PM More reviews by colorcollapse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this in Pucker, which is a nice cherry-pink color. This gloss has grapefruit scent that is refreshing and not at all heavy or overwhelming. It is slightly sticky but less sticky than any other gloss I've used. Really nice color and no shimmer.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by FeeFee34

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this in Blush, a warm-toned pink. I think this is okay, but nothing amazing. It feels okay, lasts okay, smells okay (fruity), but is nothing at all special. I like tubes of lip gloss because theyíre often smooth and moisturizing, but this is too glossy and un-pigmented for me. I donít like shiny lips, I just like the smoothness of a gloss with a nice, natural pop of color, much less dramatic and more hassle-free than a lipstick. This is too slippery and light for me, and I prefer something thatís stickier to last longer and something heavier to sink in and moisturize lips. This feels nice but simply sits on top of my lips. I donít recommend this product, as Iím disappointed in the consistency and lack of color. This makes lips glossy and that's about it--no color, no moisture, no SPF, so no repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2013 9:26:00 AM More reviews by gc2011

Tried this on a whim and I LOVE IT!!

This is the shiny, non-greasy sheer lipcolor that I think most women look for at some point. Decent color selection (I have it in Smooch, which is very similar in tone to Clinique's Black Honey, but extremely sheer) and it actually does moisturize.

Slight fruit scent that disappears quickly and NO shimmer. Just sheer, gorgeous color that's buildable. I find myself reaching for this one daily, as it seems to go with just about everything.

Highly recommended.