Burt's Bees Lip Shine

3.6

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 2/24/2015 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I have this in Pucker and tried my sister's in Smooch. Pucker is a faint rosy color, very similar to Dr. Pepper Lip Smackers. The Smooch color is very close to Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey.

Texture: it's a little sticky and has a faint scent/taste that fades quickly. It's not gritty and doesn't smell weird, unlike Burt's Bees loathsome Tinted Lip Balm.

Packaging: I like squeezy-tube gloss like this though it's not for everyone.

I'll probably repurchase.

on 2/3/2015 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Bought a 3 pack of lip shines for my 10 year old daughter for Xmas - saw it in Whole Foods and bought it on a whim. The glosses (shines) are in tubes and are just OK. Not great - not even that good.

Would not re-purchase.

Live & Learn,

on 12/18/2014 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Gritty!!!

I purchased this in Juicy Peach, hoping it would add moisture and a bit of shine. The formula is SO gritty I hate using it. The color is a pinky/nude type shade.

It smells fruity, the shine lasts a while, and is only a tiny bit sticky, but I hate the little chunks in the formula. The product also contains glitter, which I am not a fan of.

on 5/16/2014 12:57:00 PM

I have this in the "Smooch" shade and I love it - great moisturizer with a pop of color. This particular shade reminds me very much of Clinique's Black Honey - but more sheer and buildable. This is my go-to when I can't figure out what gloss to wear - and as an added bonus it keeps my lips soft and smooth.

on 11/8/2013 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This lip shine is fantastic and is my go-to for a pop of juicy shine over a faint lip stain. I used to wear Maybelline's lip glosses when I lived in Europe, but when I came to America, I discovered all natural, gorgeous Burt's Bees products and have been using their lip gloss on and off for the last five years.

This lip shine is in numerous ways a step-up from the previous Burt's Bees Super Shiny lip gloss. Lip shine has a pleasantly richer moisturizing formula that is still smooth. Scent is fruity and pleasant, and the taste is neutral - a little "yogurt-y" (as opposed to "oily" of the previous lip gloss version). I really like that the formula is shimmer-free and the colors are simple, sheer, and universally flattering. I have it in Wink (cool pink) and it does add some color to my lip stain. It also holds on better and keeps my lips more moisturized than a lip balm over lip stain would. Slanted tip applicator makes it easy to apply and the cap closes tightly - the tube has never, ever leaked through months of carrying it in my makeup bag. I enjoy the simple, a little more chic design of this tube.

Overall, Burt's Bees lip shine is a fun product to use! It adds a pleasant shine, moisture, and a little color, enhancing the beauty of your lips with 100% natural ingredients! It retails for $7 at my local CVS, which is a reasonable price considering how well-crafted this product is. I will repurchase without a doubt.

on 8/13/2013 5:50:00 PM

I generally don't wear shiny glosses because I'm just not that big of a fan of super shiny lips. But I also don't like anything with a glitter or shimmer and I'm not much into lipstick anymore, which means I pretty much stay away from most lip products save for balms and the occasional lip shines.

I also prefer a more natural look, which is what attracted me to this lip shine - the light raspberry shade (called Pucker - 050) with just a bit of shine. It's just a slight bit darker than my natural light pink lips, so it adds a nice amount of colour without looking too obvious.

Pros:

Packaging: the slanted applicator tip makes for a neat and easy application.

Colour: it's understated and natural-looking; great for a casual or work look.

Texture: unlike the MAC Lipglass (which I HATE), this lip shine is not terribly sticky nor does it highlight dry skin on the lips. That said, it doesn't have much in the way of staying power, so if that's what you're looking for this is not for you.

Moisturizing Factor: it's lightly moisturizing and my lips feel smooth even after it's worn off.

Cons:

Scent: the pomegranate-like scent seems a bit strong at first and maybe even off-putting. But it's not so bad once it's on and it's even become nicer to me over time.

Overall, it's a decent product. I'd definitely buy it again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this in Pucker, which is a nice cherry-pink color. This gloss has grapefruit scent that is refreshing and not at all heavy or overwhelming. It is slightly sticky but less sticky than any other gloss I've used. Really nice color and no shimmer.

on 4/23/2013 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I purchased this in Blush, a warm-toned pink. I think this is okay, but nothing amazing. It feels okay, lasts okay, smells okay (fruity), but is nothing at all special. I like tubes of lip gloss because theyíre often smooth and moisturizing, but this is too glossy and un-pigmented for me. I donít like shiny lips, I just like the smoothness of a gloss with a nice, natural pop of color, much less dramatic and more hassle-free than a lipstick. This is too slippery and light for me, and I prefer something thatís stickier to last longer and something heavier to sink in and moisturize lips. This feels nice but simply sits on top of my lips. I donít recommend this product, as Iím disappointed in the consistency and lack of color. This makes lips glossy and that's about it--no color, no moisture, no SPF, so no repurchase.

on 2/20/2013 9:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Tried this on a whim and I LOVE IT!!

This is the shiny, non-greasy sheer lipcolor that I think most women look for at some point. Decent color selection (I have it in Smooch, which is very similar in tone to Clinique's Black Honey, but extremely sheer) and it actually does moisturize.

Slight fruit scent that disappears quickly and NO shimmer. Just sheer, gorgeous color that's buildable. I find myself reaching for this one daily, as it seems to go with just about everything.

Highly recommended.