October 20, 2014 | 849 users online

Styling Products - Garnier - Miracle Dry Oil

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2014 4:01:00 PM More reviews by decophile

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I keep trying to like this product. I like a bit of hair oil on my wavy, sort of dry hair. But every time I've tried to use Garnier's "triple nutrition miracle dry oil," it's an oil slick. Sorry, shiny oil slick. It is shiny. The end result looks like I'm overdue for a wash. Maybe I'll try using a smaller amount. But I'm about to give up and round file this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2014 4:14:00 PM More reviews by alliebeaar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Definitely does not give a 'weightless' feel.
I would only ever use it again when my hair is wet after a shower.
Putting in in dry hair, even only one spray, makes hair very greasy and gross.
No thanks - i'll stick to argan oil itself.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2014 2:56:00 PM More reviews by EmiTheGreat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had this 2 years Ago. I bought it in Germany, i don't remeber the Price but I remeber that it was expensive.
First I liked it, made my hair sleek und shiny, but When I looked at the ingredients I realized that it is a silicone bomb. After two Werks of use, i Washrd my hair with a exfoliating shampoo. And it felt horribly dry. This Product is definitely nothing for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 8:29:00 PM More reviews by lisapoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This truly is a miracle for my hair.
I ave VERY dry and frizzy hair with lots of natural wave. Until I found this product I was unable to wear my hair down in it's natural state. Friends keep asking me what treatment I had done to my hair and are always surprised when I tell them it's just this $5 bottle of oil.
This has the potential to make your hair look very gross and greasy, so be warned! I have long thick hair and I only use two squirts for my entire head! If you have a more average amount of hair one would probably do it.
When I get out of the shower I quickly towel dry my hair, just enough so that it's not dripping. Then I spritz a little (seriously, just a little. this product does not dry or work in) on my hair and comb it through. Then I let my hair air dry. That's it! Perfect beachy waves with extremely minimal friz every time.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 10:19:00 PM More reviews by intheflatfield

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Triple Nutrition Miracle Dry Oil...ahhh, I love it! And unlike most reviewers I love it when used on my hair. That being said I do only like it when used in a certain way, and that is as a finishing oil on the days I straighten my hair. I've used numerous serums and oils after flat ironing to try to help calm flyaways, add shine, and to soften, and while plenty do 2 out of the 3 for me this is the only one that has ever done all 3. For reasons I don't know most oils and serums seem to create flyways for me rather than contributing to a sleek look, but not this! I put 2 sprays in my palm and then rub my hands together as though I were applying a hand lotion. I do this to distribute it evenly and also to let a little sink in as a means of diluting it a bit before applying it to my hair. I then very lightly take my hands and smooth them over the outer layer and under layer of my freshly straightened hair (my hair is mid-back in length and fine). It leaves my hair super shiny, soft, and tames flyways beautifully rather than creating them. When used in this way, and with a light hand, I find that it simply works wonders (well on my hair at least!).

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2014 5:56:00 PM More reviews by lesk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

don't use this stuff on your hair! makes it look nasty

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2014 11:08:00 AM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is one of those oils that is not heavy feeling but very slippery and coating. The scent is typical fruity Garnier and it's too strong. It does fade but before it does it bothers me. Not a horrid product but not worth repurchasing either. I'd rather use a straight "real" oil such as almond or olive right out of the bottle for my hair and skin rather than this product. Don't get me wrong, I am an oil person and use different oils all the time but this product is not one I will recommend. It is very inexpensive so I do not feel bad for not liking it!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2014 9:27:00 AM More reviews by stella4star

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

After months of hearing good reviews about this product, I caved in and bought a bottle for myself. The pear-shaped plastic pump bottle is practical (wow, so many "p"s) and kind of cute. The oil itself smells mildly sweet and fruity and warms up quickly when placed on the hand.

I tried applying this product to one half of my hair just after showering. I have thick, wavy hair about elbow length, and I needed two pumps for one half of my hair. The first thing I noticed was that the side of my hair with the oil in it dried significantly faster than the hair without any product. It probably took about half the drying time, which was quite amazing. So this was a major plus for me. The scent lingers lightly, but it's barely noticeable unless you actually grab a bunch of your hair and smell it.

In terms of frizz control, I noticed a slight decrease in the level of frizziness of my hair, but nothing major which was a bit disappointing. Any effect that the product had on my hair wore off over the day as well, and by the evening, my hair had once again become its usual frizzball.

My hair did feel softer and looked slightly shinier too, but again, this wasn't very noticeable so overall, it kind of felt like it was a waste of time applying the product to my hair.

The next day, I tried applying the oil to dry hair. The "20 cent coin" sized recommendation barely did anything to my hair which was still frizzy and dry looking, so I doubled it. This left my hair feeling pretty heavy and oily at first, but that sensation wore off after around 10 minutes. This volume of product appeared to tame my frizz and boost shine a little, but my hair still felt like there was a fair amount of product in it- definitely not weightless like it's advertised.

I feel like this product would probably be more effective on ladies with finer, shorter hair than mine. It did seem to work to an extent, but for me, it wasn't worth the amount of money that I spent on it, so I won't be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2014 12:13:00 AM More reviews by laursawy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Okay so, I got really excited last summer when I found this. Oil? That I could supposedly use on my hair and body? Heck yeah, gotta try this! I was seduced by the idea of dry (which I naively thought would mean lightweight) oil. Especially at the price. Probably $4 CDN.
Took it home and started trying it out. Tried it out on my skin. And immediately noticed how shitty the bottle was to hold with dry-oily hands. Maybe I'm a clumsy girl but the roundness of the bottle is hard to hold to spray it. So on my skin, I really didn't mind it. A really nice glow for summertime, especially on my legs and arms. Not bad. Nothing thrilling, no fireworks.
Then I tried it on my hair. What a mistake. It really made my hair look like I hadn't showered in a week! Disgusting. I have since found better hair oil (Thank you L'Oreal mythic hair oil!), and even better face and body oil (shout outs to the body shops beautifying oil in coconut). Both of these have better packaging, and far better scents. Sorry, Garnier.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 12:25:00 AM More reviews by theluscioushellcat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For the first time in my life, my hair is greasy. Suave's
Moroccan Oil does not do that. Use SPARINGLY.