August 28, 2014 | 1433 users online

Powders - Guerlain - Meteorites Perles in 00 Blanc de Perle (2012 Asia Exclusive)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2014 12:07:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Are high-lighters your passion and addiction?? If like me the only answer to that is "Yes" you will probably like this product as much as I do. As a finishing powder this would tank big time unless you were going for the glittery christmas tree bauble look.. not likely!

But as a high-lighter this works very well. The pearls are white and silvery with lots of glimmer and shimmer. For the price I don't think this has quite as many pearls as you get in the other meteorites balls tins, and like previously mentioned in the review below they seem to crumble up quickly and turn into powder in the bottom of the tin (though still use-able).

I love to use this with a small fluffy brush as an inner corner high-light - if you look really tired this really helps! I also love to use this on the top of my cheekbones over a pink toned blush, this week I have been lightly layering it over Macs Pet Me and Well dressed and absolutely loving the glowy/gleamy effect it gives off.

Of course I would be very tempted to repurchase these. I bought them from strawberry.net and not sure if they are even on there anymore as it was such a long time ago - but I have done a stock-take of all of my make-up (girls - only do this if you are feeling brave) and have had to come to my senses and put myself on an enormous project pan that quite frankly could last for years - sigh...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2013 8:41:00 PM More reviews by thecharm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

THE TL;DR--
Guerlain's whitening line for 2012 included a stunning set of all-white meteorites. 2012's white ballz are called Blanc de Perle and they are still easily found on eBay and strawberrynet. While Blanc de Perle meteorites are gorgeous in the container, I find them problematic as a finishing powder due to their high level of glimmer.

WHAT IT IS--
Guerlain Meteorites Perles are a non-matte finishing powder in the form of small talc pearls, housed in a cute little container. Blanc de Perle's ballz are: huge near-matte blue white; tiny, fragile, soft super shimmery silvery white; and normal-pea-sized warm ivory white with a shimmery pink iridescence. Because of the small size of the silvery white ballz, they sift down to the bottom easily and break just as easily, creating clouds of glimmery dust.

ONCE ON... it does even and brighten my complexion. However, it is super glittery. Like it's glittery and so silvery-whitey that I feel like a robot. You think Perles d'Azur are glittery? Or dragonballz? Or spring 2013 ballz? Ain't got nothin' on Blanc de Perle's lethal dusty silvery ballz. If only they had less glitter, the effect would be lovely on pale skins. But this is just ridiculous. It's even too glittery and imprecise to function well as a highlighter. I get the most use out of mine by using the dust as a glittery loose eyeshadow topcoat. And I feel like I can't even purge this to someone else because it has so much dust at the bottom. I can't recommend this to anyone. Unless you feel like paying a pretty penny for a face full of glitter.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No