December 22, 2014 | 946 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Kevyn Aucoin - The Sensual Skin Tinted Balm

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2014 2:07:00 PM More reviews by squiggles37

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Another miss for me. I wanted to like this (great coverage and such seductive packaging) but the color range is really off.

Pros:
- buildable coverage (light to medium, mostly medium) -- covers the redness in my skin amazingly but still requires concealer for darker imperfections
- fragrance free

Cons:
- limited color range
- beautiful but impractical packaging (one side of the tube is a squishy silicone, the other side is rigid plastic -- will probably require you to cut open the silicone side to scrape out the remaining product when it starts to run out)
- no SPF protection despite its claim (where are the active ingredients?)

I am a NC25 but the SB02 read too neutral/pink/ashy on my skin. So I had to opt for SB03 but I find that it's just too peach for my liking. The Nordstrom SA tried to sell me on the color ("the peach gives you more life") and while the peachiness did give my skin a certain glow, it was just not a natural glow. Currently I'm using this around my cheeks/nose area + NARS tinted moisturizer in Alaska around the mouth/jawline area.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2013 1:45:00 PM More reviews by Eolo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of those products I had to have, so a couple of months ago I shelled out the high price and got one in SB01, I'm Siberia in NARS for reference.

I have mixed feelings about this product. It doesn't have SPF in it and I have to apply sunscreen over it because it doesn't blend as well if I do it over my sunscreen.

Nonetheless the color is a pretty much a match, it's moussier and less liquid than a tinted moisturizer like the NARS or the BECCA one and does have coverage for what it is. It will even out my forehead, cheeks and chin but will have slightly more of a problem when it comes with redness around my nose. Nonetheless it doesn't oxidize, has a skin like texture and hasn't broken me out.

It's a great product for Summer or when you want a more convenient product that doesn't need brushes or sponges for even application. Will I buy it again, probably if I don't find something in its range that does a better job, so I'll stick to yes for now. The color range is limited and medium deep to deep skin tones will not find their match here.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by vanucci

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really didn't care for this. Not a good color range. I'm tan in summer. The darkest shade looked chalky on me. Will not repurchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 7:22:00 PM More reviews by Beach

Great product! It melts into the skin. I chose the #2 color and it is perfect. I love it and will buy again...and again. The packaging is unique and travel friendly.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2013 4:44:00 PM More reviews by xtinahb

Amazing unique product. Light fluffy texture with a natural light-medium coverage and feels 100% weightless. Covers cheek redness but not nose redness or blemishes. Really evens out and finishes my complexion, but my natural skin clearly shows through, so it doesn't look like makeup. An IDEAL weekend / holiday makeup! I use shade SB03, the second to darkest shade, on my NC30/C4 light tan Asian skin. It is perfect as an in-between season shade but I will also buy the darkest shade for summertime. Add some light concealer around my circles and nose and I feel super fresh, pretty, natural. No breakouts, very little shine after 4 hours with no powder. When I set with powder, it goes about 6 with no shine. Unbelievable. Packaging is chic and very travel friendly. I only pack this and cream blush and mascara for vacations.It also has SPF 20. The downside is limited range for deeper skins which is too bad! Hopefully they will expand.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No