April 21, 2014 | 1117 users online

Foundations - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Even Finish Compact Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2014 11:24:00 PM More reviews by hippodeem

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

great coverage, very good color matching to my asian skin, it is almost flawless, the price is expensive and the compact doesn't last that long but it is easy to use. it is good for dry skin, not suitable for oily skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2014 7:21:00 AM More reviews by ohtobeinparis

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The positive part of this review is the color match. I find it hard to match skin tones and I think Bobbi Brown does a great job in this area. I also liked the packaging, and since I use a foundation brush, I think the product would have lasted longer than other reviews indicated. Negative parts? First, the product is too pricy, but I guess I could overlook that if it worked well. Second, even applying very sparingly, it caked up and looked unattractive within a couple of hours. Certainly made fine lines more apparent. And, to boot, every time I use this for more than a day or two, I break out with HUGE cystic acne. Usually, my skin is completely clear, thanks to Clinique products. So I regretfully am tossing this and trying Clinique Repair Wear, although it's not a perfect shade match. Wanted to love Bobbi's product, but I sure don't love the acne I get from using it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/6/2014 3:57:00 AM More reviews by SarahElle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to love this. I use Estee Lauder Doublewear but was sick of the ghost-look I had in photos due to the SPF. So I was looking for an SPF-free longwear foundation. Being Bobbi Brown, and at the high price, I was very hopeful, but ultimately disappointed.

It was easy to apply and looked beautiful when I left the house. but within two hours it had oxidized and separated in various spots. By afternoon, I was a greasy mess so I blotted my chin and nose with blotting paper, which took the make up clean off! By the end if the day I had never looked so oily, and it felt disgusting.

I did all the right things, by applying moisurizer and primer (yes, I let it dry) but this was just a (very expensive) disaster for me. I feel so ripped off.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2013 11:39:00 AM More reviews by nabz

One lippie off for the extraordinary price at the amount that you actually get. As commented by so many others before me, this is SO SO true. I bought mine 3 weeks ago and have been using it about 6 times a week and have only swiped half of the pan because i really wanted to see if all the other remarks were true. Today I hit the bottom of the pan. WOW.

This is my first cream foundation and it works like a dream. Amongst all other foundations, this hands down is a winner. does not clog pores. does what it says. great packaging too! nevermind the price, i will figure out a way to extend that 6 weeks usage longer. love, love.

PS- Bobbi Brown, can you at least give us a little bit more in the pan for the price we pay??

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2013 2:33:00 AM More reviews by lilpea

I am on my third one of these. Functionally it is probably the best foundation I have tried. It goes on smooth and even, perfect BB colouring (I am asian so her yellow-based shades are my go-to, the only other brand I use is Chanel). It does last longer than other foundations so the longwear part is not false advertising. Not especially pore-clogging, I have combo skin which breaks out that time of the month.
Now the one major problem I have is the value - not price, but value. One compact costs 46 bucks and lasts literally 6 weeks (and thats using 6 days a week). Theres 8g in a compact - a bottle of liquid has 30ml, nearly 3.5 times as much, for about the same price. So with a bottle I go about 4-5 months, with this one and a half months. Thats shameful. I have started my third one using fingers instead of sponge which soaks a lot up and I wonder how far that will go - maybe 8 weeks instead of 6?
Its a good product but I feel ripped off. It actually gives me a slightly bad taste in my mouth as I write this. Probably I will not repurchase due to the lack of value. Theres similar product out there, maybe slightly inferior but cost per ounce, more reasonable.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2013 9:34:00 AM More reviews by BrittanyNP

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Freakishly yellow!!!! Even in the Alabaster shade, BB does it again. I hate to waste money, and I should have know better. Regardless of positive ratings, BB foundations always appear freakishly yellow on my NW10, cool complection. (Gray blue eyes, medium brown hair)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2013 1:15:00 PM More reviews by petitsmots

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First time using cream foundation and I was deciding between mac's or bobbi brown. Not a bad decision at all! The creme goes onto my skin sooo smoothly. My initial impression of cream foundation is that they will be cakey, heavy, blotchy or pores clogging, but its none of them. I actually used the a smallest amount of foundation, its unbelievable. I used to love liquid foundations but they always leave a sticky finish until i set it with loose powder but this one feels satin and light.

Through I have combination skin, my t zone is extremely oily but the foundation continues to cover my pores perfectly even after blotting several times. When I say oily I mean having to blot my face every 2 hours. Setting it with powder helps to make it stay longer and stay dewy without the extra shine. I prefer this over my lancome 12 hour liquid foundation matt miracle. Love it. I wish they aren't so stingy with the amount though.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by lylalies

The product: this is a cream foundation that gives light to medium coverage, I think this is the substitute of the oil free compact makeup because its ideal for normal or oily skin but I doubt it works great on dry skin. I have combination skin (normal cheeks but oily nose and chin) and this looks so natural on. I apply it with the realTechniques buffing brush for days I want a light coverage, when I want/need a heavier coverage I use a foundation brush and then blend it with the buffing brush just to make sure I don't have any lines left.

Longevity: I find this foundation lasts most of the day, I do have to touch up in the afternoon, around 4:00 p.m. but the funny thing is the foundation looks glowy instead of oily, which is convenient. I set it with powder and the all nighter from Urban Decay every morning. If you have normal skin I would say this will last all day.

The only downfall of this product is the quantity, you get .28 oz which is very little. I have been using this for about 2 months and I have very little left, maybe it will last me another month but it will probably run out sooner.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2013 1:04:00 PM More reviews by CoralRivera46

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely LOVE this foundation! I compete in pageant and I need to find a good foundation that COVERS, LASTS ALL DAY especially under lights and sweating, and most importantly NO SHINY LOOK OR SPF! This foundation lasted ALL day! Didn't need to retouch anything! You what they say if your blush lasts all day means it is stuck on to a good canvas. Yeah, my face look flawless ALL day! Highly recommend! The price was $42-$46 which I wish a bit lower but I can't live with it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2013 10:35:00 AM More reviews by mecepeda

Could Bobbi Brown have made foundation any simpler? This is the product of my dreams, from the product formulation itself to the sturdy packaging. If you are a fan of this brand's Long Wear Even Finish liquid foundation as I am, then you may very well fall in absolute love with the compact version. As I wait for the recommended Bobbi Brown brush to come back into stock (I'm talking about the Full Coverage Face Brush), I have applying this with a MAC 130 short duo fibre brush, which works well but I have the clear sense that the Bobbi Brown brush, which has a longer brush head, will provide a more flawless finish. Regardless, I love this foundation. It provides a natural, long-lasting finish that takes mere seconds to apply. I am also happy with the fact that it is oil-free and it matches my colder weather skin tone very well (I am NC 35/40 in the winter, and the Warm Natural is an excellent match...though I expect to have to switch up a shade during the summer). The coverage is easily buildable, and a little bit goes a long way, making this a good buy. All in all, this is the perfect foundation for someone who is afraid of or new to foundation, and excellent for anyone with olive skin/yellow undertones. That said, I highly recommend that you are matched for your skin tone in person at a Bobbi Brown counter, although the Bobbi Brown website does provide free returns on foundations.
ETA: I went to a BB counter yesterday and learned something interesting from the SA...she actually recommended that I *not* use the Full Coverage Face Brush with this particular foundation. She explained that since the Full Coverage Face Brush is made of a mixture of natural and synthetic hairs, it tends to "soak up" more of the compact foundation. You therefore use up the product more quickly (this also happens with sponge applicators, by the way) and its also much more difficult to keep the brush really clean since the makeup drifts deep down into the bristles. She recommended BB's regular synthetic foundation brush instead, which is excellent.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No