December 21, 2014 | 1397 users online

Foundations - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Even Finish Compact Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2014 3:59:00 PM More reviews by Ratach

This is one of the most insensible purchases I have made. It is definitely not worth its price. Initially I was happy with the coverage but the foundation oixidised to an orangey colour and broke me out. Got thrown onto my 'regretful purchases shelf' in a matter of two weeks.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2014 12:20:00 PM More reviews by JudMoo

Bobbi brown's oil free foundation attracted me so much to had my first try on cream foundation. I've never used cream foundation because I've always thought that they are heavy, cakes up on skin and mostly pore clogging.

Bobbi brown has been popular for their foundation for having a yellow tint to their shades and it definitely is awesome because I always have the problem with foundations giving me a peachy-orange tone that is very very awful. On the other hand, some pale foundation comes with a grey cast. Bobbi brown's shade was a one hit wonder for me. The foundation matched my skin tone very well and looks almost like my second skin.

If you're to compare their stick foundation,which I also bought along with this, compact foundation is slightly more slippery. Feels like the silicone texture of smashbox's make up pprimer. However, the foundation stick is not as creamy.

I apply with my buffing brush to give a perfect airbrushed finish. Dust it off with loose powder and it could stay on my face perfectly for at least 6 hours. I avoid using the sponge given because it picks up excess and does a horrible job in application.

I stay in a warm and humid environment that makes me sweat and grease. Then enter a terribly dry air condition office for 8 hours. This foundation is not very good with controlling my oily complexion and I had to blot. But there is minimal transfer and immediately returns to velvety finishing.

Overall, I find this cream foundation to b poor at controlling my oily t zone but does a better job than my regular liquid foundation. I'm a convert now and will only prefer cream foundation.
The coverage is medium to full. And it has a very natural finishing. For those who love to flaunt no-make-up make up look, this foundation is a must have. Both foundation stick and the cream foundation does a very job. But for ease of application, my re purchase would be the stick foundation and not this, since they do a similar job.

Some people seems to complain about the little quantity for a pricey exchange but I've been using it for a year year now and I still have have a pan left. I find that cream foundation could give me a better coverage with little amount used. I have acne prone and oily skin but I don't have a problem with it so far and it has not cause me to have pimples or cause my skin to clog with proper clensing routine. Btw, it covers my pores very well too. ;) sometimes I use it under my eye to conceal my dark eye circle too. It doesn't crease at all. Thumbs up!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2014 9:47:00 AM More reviews by ElisabethJanePickup

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am in my mid-forties with reasonably good combination skin for my age so was looking for something with medium coverage to even out skin tone. I have this in beige and the thing I like most is that it is very good at blending out the more red areas on my cheeks and chin. The finish is fairly natural as long as you don’t over apply. A lot of reviewers have commented that the amount of product is very stingy. I have found that using this as a medium coverage foundation this has lasted me about 3 months but if you prefer to build it more then yes, you are going to have to shell out more often.
Cons: This isn’t the easiest product to apply. To avoid streaks and uneven application you really need to apply this in REALLY GOOD LIGHT or else it’s not going to look good. Also, I would not recommend this product if you are in humid conditions – it’s too heavy for that. Although I will purchase again because Bobbi Brown has amongst the best colour matches, the packaging could be vastly improved. The depth of the case is very deep which is purely to accommodate the pointless sponge provided (you should use a brush). This means that the bottom of the mirror is obscured when you open it which really hinders application. BB should get rid of the sponge, design a slimmer oblong case with a better mirror which incorporates an inner cover you can flip over the product so it doesn’t accumulate dirt and fluff when you are applying with the lid open. I would feel the price more justified if they did this.

UPDATE : After finishing my longwear complact, I tried the same product in the liquid version. This is also good, but I find I get a more natural finish with the compact version as you can use just a very little amount which seems to blend away seemlessly. So final verdict is I'd use the compact over the liquid. If you have drier skin, you might prefer the liquid version as this seems to provide more of a barrier than the compact.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2014 1:16:00 PM More reviews by miwamoto

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like the coverage of this foundation, though it doesn't last all day, even if I use a foundation primer. Bobbi Brown has an amazing range of colors and Beige 3.0 matches me perfectly.

I usually apply this after a face primer and BB cream, then finish with Bobbi Brown's loose powder. I pat - not rub - it into my skin and apply more on trouble spots. I try to aim for sheer to medium coverage if I'm having a particularly good skin day. The coverage is buildable. Any imperfections are well-camouflaged upon further spot application. Application is very quick and saves me a lot of time in the morning. I used to use Bobbi Brown's Skin Foundation with a foundation brush, then would apply the Face Touch Up stick as concealer. The buildable coverage of the compact foundation has eliminated the need for the foundation brush (and requisite cleaning thereof) and the face touch up stick.

I love the look it gives me - like I have velvety, ceramic-like skin. By 6 hours, I need to blot and put powder on my T-zone, which doesn't bother me. It's still mostly on by the end of the day, though it doesn't look as good as it did in the morning. I do a double-cleanse (oil cleanser followed by a regular cleanser) to remove it. Never had any problems removing it.

My gripe with this - and it's a big one - is that there is very, very little product. For $48, you'd expect it to last longer. With once daily use (no touch ups during the day), the bottom of the compact (in the middle) was visible in about three weeks to a month. In another month and a half, all of it was gone. I don't think I used all that much, so I was surprised at how quickly I needed another one. I took off one lippie for that.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2014 8:08:00 PM More reviews by at77339

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like the coverage and the color match of this foundation. The color match was perfect. The coverage was flawless but not long lasting, 3/4 hrs later my face started to look cakey and the mess begun. No matter what I tried it still cakey and blotchy looking. Don't wear white shirt because it's a pain to remove this foundation. It's transferable...bad. With the price I was hoping for something last more than 5 hrs but it didn't, with or without set powder. And it's not returnable so be careful when you get it at Bobbie brown counter. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2014 11:14:00 PM More reviews by saranzm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

well first let me tell you that im not that type of person who has patience to write a review, in fact its my first time doing it , in 3 years of doing makeup professionally i always come here to read reviews , and for this product i just cant help it and i had to write , so here it comes :
this product is just like your second skin , i have tried numerous types of foundations from high ends to the ones from drugstore and for sure this one is different in some senses, it just melts to your skin like there is nothing on your skin but in fact there is and in covers up the blemishes as nice, i read alot of reviews about the product being overpriced but let me give you a hint , if you use it in the right way it will actually last long time , , and this foundation is build-able but if you want to have nice coverage that last long enough u need to apply very thin layer at the time , use synthetic brush which doesnt absorb the product and use your concealer before applying your foundation , try to use your concealer on your problematic areas first , just a tiny bit will do , and apply this foundation on the skin over your concealer and start by very thin layer , which is enough for me but if you need more coverage u can continue to apply another thin layer , this way its really easy to blend and your makeup will be in place forever !!! if you apply thick layers at once your makeup will slide down by time and of course u will run out of the product very fast ,
i have other favourite foundations in my list but i like this one the bet bcs i feel most of my foundations stay top of my skin , of course they look good but this one is just like second skin and i love love wearing it ,
hope it helps ^__^

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2014 10:59:00 AM More reviews by HWL

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This was a big disappointment. Poor coverage and not long lasting. It is oil free (though has shea butter?) and SPF free. I see different ingredients listed, even COSDNA. I put the ingredients below. I was matched to Warm Ivory (NC20 MAC) and matches perfectly and is not pink. Match was so good I can't see it sometimes. I find this hard to apply over my current sunscreens which are a bit greasy. Does not staying put, nor is it covering well. I have a lot of red to cover and use a lot of moisturizer, so that challenges most makeup. I am dry, but my spf makes me greasy. However, it didn't not look shiny, is slightly matte, hydrating and oil free (except the shea butter). Feels very light on and looks natural. Best for dry skin, as it is greasy, but it's a cream foundation. . The shades are amazing. Fingers work. The sponge it comes with works quite well, but is wasteful. Beauty Blender works too. You don't get much and I found myself using a lot. Usually, I don't use much. It's not pink and doesn't oxidize.

Update; A mess. Tried blotting SPF. Looked OK For 5 minutes. Went to CVS came back- half had worn off. Washed it off and tossed in the garbage. This doesn't cover and doesn't last and is a rip off. The shades are good though.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2014 9:12:00 AM More reviews by Bridget5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I loved the look and finish of this foundation. Bobbi does such a beautiful colour match for me. But, alas, I have combination skin and it left me very oily. It did wear for quite a few hours, but I looked like an oil tanker had backed up on my face. Mind you, I do live in Asia and it gets quite humid, but even in the air-con at work it was still very oily. I suppose I could powder throughout the day but who can be bothered. Might try her stick foundation instead.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2014 11:24:00 PM More reviews by hippodeem

great coverage, very good color matching to my asian skin, it is almost flawless, the price is expensive and the compact doesn't last that long but it is easy to use. it is good for dry skin, not suitable for oily skin. not suitable for humid climate. milia can occur and clog pores.
contains lavender oil.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2014 7:21:00 AM More reviews by ohtobeinparis

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The positive part of this review is the color match. I find it hard to match skin tones and I think Bobbi Brown does a great job in this area. I also liked the packaging, and since I use a foundation brush, I think the product would have lasted longer than other reviews indicated. Negative parts? First, the product is too pricy, but I guess I could overlook that if it worked well. Second, even applying very sparingly, it caked up and looked unattractive within a couple of hours. Certainly made fine lines more apparent. And, to boot, every time I use this for more than a day or two, I break out with HUGE cystic acne. Usually, my skin is completely clear, thanks to Clinique products. So I regretfully am tossing this and trying Clinique Repair Wear, although it's not a perfect shade match. Wanted to love Bobbi's product, but I sure don't love the acne I get from using it.