October 20, 2014 | 1776 users online

Eye Shadow - Almay - Intense i-color Bold Nudes for Hazel

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2014 12:15:00 PM More reviews by tourmalinequeen

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Absolute crap. Colors looked pretty nice but they are ultra sheer, don't transfer well from palette to brush. In the trash it goes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 11:04:00 AM More reviews by xxobri

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is my new favorite eye shadow! I've been wearing this almost everyday since I bought it. There's nothing exciting about the packaging but it's what on the inside that counts. The only thing I don't really like is that it can be difficult to take off if you don't have makeup remover. If you plan on buying it then get some eye makeup remover with it if you don't always have some. Otherwise I would definetly recommend this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 5:49:00 PM More reviews by Cassyray123

This is my absolute all time favorite eye enhancing eye shadow.
The shadows are SO pigmented that it really does look like higher end eyeshadows.
I LOVE THE PACKAGING. it shows you exactly how to apply the shadows to get the best results, and makes everything so simple.
My favorite color is the lid color, which is this pretty peach that is appropriate for anytime of year.
I dont have a single negative thing to say about these shadows.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/25/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by confessionsonadancefloor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

When I purchased this product I had very little knowledge of eyeshadows. What I knew was that Almay was a hypoallergenic company, which appealed to me because I would consider the skin around my eyes the most sensitive area of my face (even though my skin isn't too-too sensitive.) What I also knew was that all 3 of the colors in this package (the peachy-brown, the blue and the creamy gold) were colors I wore well.

What made the application difficult was the flimsy brush they provide. It broke within a few days after gentle use. I also felt that the blue eyeshadow accentuated any dark circles or thin skin under or around the eye. I didn't mind the other two colors, however even with lots of eyeshadow on my eye the colors and pigmentation failed to make any real impact. I'm definitely disappointed with the product and I certainly won't be buying eyeshadow from Almay again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2013 7:56:00 PM More reviews by Suesaroo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was intrigued by the color palette and I was not disappointed. I go for a natural sweep of color with some accent and the peach and blue purple color give me enough definition. It will last me for ever. I the Laura Geller spackle base so I get all the staying power I need.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by martel92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought the trio for brown eyes because I really wanted to try a purple eyeshadow. Unfortunately, this product has absolutely no pigment! You have to apply sooo much to get any color on your kids at all and even then it is not long lasting and all settles into the crease. Needless to say I will not be buying this eyeshadow again.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/31/2013 7:49:00 PM More reviews by kimdburns

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

These were chalky and had no pigment. The peach color was beautiful in the pan but absolutely no color payoff. I very rarely return items but this and the eye primer went back.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2013 2:34:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

These colors are so pretty in the pan, but they barely show up at all unless you use primer. Also I think $8 is too much. I picked this up at CVS though, on sale (BOGO 1/2 off) plus there were $4 coupons in the Sunday paper.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2013 4:31:00 PM More reviews by Radchickee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this trio mainly because I was intrigued by the deepest color. It looks like a deep indigo blue in the package. When you put it on, it goes on lighter than expected because its not that highly pigmented. It's also got a touch of purple. I do like this deepest shade. The lightest shade is an ivory with a hint of shimmer. It's a bit too light and chalky but not too bad. The peach shade sort of frightened me because it looks very orangey. But it goes on lovely. It's a pale shimmery peach. If you're afraid of orange eyeshadow like I am, don't be afraid of this. Overall, all of these colors are less pigmented than I was expecting but I like this mix, and I'm happy with this trio.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2013 2:19:00 AM More reviews by nellja

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Had an event, was desperate (in a drugstore) to find an eyeshadow with the right coverage, finish and colour. I was after something neutral to cover the whole lid. Other requirements:

- Pearl finish. Couldn't be too glittery or matte - I am starting to need to worry about what my eyelids' texture's reflecting.
- Had to magically brighten my lids, which are starting to deepen in colour a bit - needed a peachy tone
- Couldn't be too pale (see above)
- Wasn't looking for a kit, but only kits were there. So, accent colours couldn't be too muddy or dark, because of worry about what's under my eyes looking worse.
- Had to look nice with my actual eye colour, which is somewhere on the hazel-brown continuum.

So this was perfect. Pearl finish, bright but neutral peachy colour for main lid, a bright, purple-grey for the dark accent (perfect!) and a yellowy cream for the highlight, which I'm temporarily ignoring, but only because I don't care about being experimental with eyeshadow, I just want a bit of coverage and soft definition. And it is PERFECT for this.