July 30, 2014 | 2097 users online

Lip Gloss - Chanel - Bagatelle 161 Glossimer

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2014 6:44:00 AM More reviews by littlelamb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bagatelle is a gorgeous colour in the tube, but it isn't very pigmented compared to some other glossimers and doesn't show up well on my medium-pigmented mauve tinged lips. It applies quite thick and slightly sticky, but after a few minutes it melts into lips and creates a soft and smooth texture that has a natural yet slightly shimmery finish. You cannot see the beautiful medium pink once on my lips, but I'm sure it would show up better and look much prettier on fairer ladies with lighter toned lips (I'm MAC NC20-25). Having said that Bagatelle layers beautifully over darker lippies, and lasts about 3 hours on my dry lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2013 3:54:00 AM More reviews by BADKITTY13

Why only one other review? This color is so beautiful! Must say iam a mac gloss junkie but could not pass up this stunning pinkish coral color! I get so many compliments. Looks great with tiny gold sparkles. Pricey but worth it! Will buy another.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 2:06:00 AM More reviews by surrealreality

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Bagatelle 161 was released in Spring of 2012. It's still available on every website that Glossimers are sold, so I'm pretty sure it's a permanent shade. The current retail price of glossimers is $29.50.
Chanel Glossimers are my favorite lip glosses because of their texture and staying power. A lot of glosses cause a thin white line of.... gunk to form around the inside of my lips (those who have experienced the same problem will know exactly what I'm talking about). I've never experienced that issue while wearing a Glossimer.

About Me: Fair with warm yellow undertones (about an NC18 right now, only quite a bit more yellow toned). Very pigmented rosy red lips. Hazel eyes that look blue in daylight. Natural brunette currently dyed aubergine purple with a lot of deep red and copper highlights.

Color: In the tube, Bagatelle is a neutral (leaning towards warm) light to medium candy pink. It's an absolutely beautiful shade. It's somewhere between sheer and opaque and it looks fantastic with my skin tone.

Apparently, this is an enigmatic shade.... some makeup bloggers claim that it's a warm pink, some claim that it's neutral, and some claim that it's cool and blue based. I nearly didn't purchase because the first review I read described it as having a blue base, but now I'm very happy that I ignored that review. Personally, I don't see how ANYONE could possibly see a blue base in this. Due to the warm yellow tones in my skin, even slight blue or violet tones become apparent when applied. As mentioned above, I would describe it as neutral leaning towards warm. For reference, Rose Dilemma 144 is considerably cooler toned.

Finish: In the tube, this appears to have a fair amount of multicolor sparkles. For the most part, the sparkles flash gold with the occasional green and pink. On the lips, it has a half cream / half jelly appearance with very subtle sparkles.

Texture: Like most Glossimers, Bagatelle feels moisturizing and very slightly sticky. Unfortunately though, the sparkles in this shade can definitely be felt on the lips. This is one of the very few glossimers I've ever seen afflicted by this issue. I've felt worse, but this is pretty GRITTY. I'm not the type to be bothered by it though (unless it's really bad), and I love this shade so much that I decided to ignore it in the rating.

Wear Length: 4 hours, which is average for Glossimers (my average wear length for mid to high-end glosses of similar texture is 3).

Scent: Glossimers have no scent :)

Packaging: It's ok. The gloss does tend to get on the inside of the cap and around the screw top, so it can get a little bit messy, but not too bad (I've certainly seen much worse). Also, the finish wears off the gold band very quickly.

Bottom Line: I recommend this lip gloss to anyone who loves pink and doesn't mind that gritty feeling.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No