April 20, 2014 | 1706 users online

Concealers - Bobbi Brown - Tinted Eye Brightener Spring 2013 Repackage

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by FakeLashes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This tinted eye brightner gives you light to medium coverage, so it's not really suitable for dark circles, but more of a brightening effect for your under eyes. Color selection is great, I'm around NC30 and got this in the summer in #8 peach but shoud have gotten one shade lighter but it still worked fine because it's sheer. It's a nice brightening product if you don't have to much to cover underneath your eyes or to use over a heavier cream concealer. But it does have some negatives, it smells like wet paint and the applicator isn't great, I really think BB should look into this because they don't suit the products they are so small and hard and can feel uncomfertable under the eyes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2013 11:28:00 AM More reviews by GrRoxxy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I got it as my 'free 30e birthday gift' at Sephora.

The packaging is simple, sturdy, applicator picks up way too much product for me so I take it with brush. My Bobbi Brown foundation colour is 3 Beige, the concealer colour is 6 Porcelain Peach.

The consistency is nice, something between lotion/cream so it feels comfortable under the eye.
The coverage is sheer/medium. It works for me, it makes difference but if you have dark circles then it wont do the trick.
It wears well on cream//Armani corrector and then I put on Chanel powder. It lasts all day, no creasing.

The build of my eye creates these shadows under my big eyes and that this brightener cannot help me with. If I found a product which does that I would change.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2013 11:53:00 AM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I was looking for an under eye brightener. I do not have major under eye circles but I do have some darkness from under my eyes. I also do not have puffiness. I just wanted something that enhanced my eyes and highlight the top cheekbone/eye area. To look more awake and fresh.

This did the trick! I bought it in shade Peach. It was Perfect shade for my warm skin. It lightly conceals, brightens, smooth, not shimmery, and not heavy. Blends wonderfully and applies easy. I use this every time I put on makeup.

My eyes look refreshed using this. Without having the "reverse raccoon eyes".

I took one lip away because the price. Expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 2:47:00 AM More reviews by stantonangela

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Makes my undereye area smooth and flawless. It doesn't crease like other undereye concealers and the color looks natural. It also looks and smells heavenly! Wish it wasn't that expensive though...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 3:27:00 AM More reviews by luineumaiel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

My dark circles are hereditary and they stick out very starkly against my skin which has golden undertones. The skin is also extremely thin and the veins are beginning to get more prominent as I age. If I had to cover them up properly every day, I'd have to layer on THREE things: corrector, concealer and powder it. It's too much work in the mornings and just too much product for the delicate area under my eyes for daily wear.

Dark Peach (#9) was an excellent colour match for my skin tone (I use the Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick in Warm Honey/Golden to conceal and NARS tinted moisturiser in Annapurna). The coverage is sheer yet I feel that it very reasonably colour corrects the area. The brightening effect is apparent in reality and makes me look pretty professionally made up in pictures! Provided you don't sweat, it lasts and lasts and lasts, without creasing.

When you come to terms with the fact that you don't need to look red carpet ready on a daily basis, you'll start looking for a lighter concealer/brightener option. Remember my wise words then and check out this product before you buy anything else. This doesn't erase your dark circles, but surely gives it a boost and makes you look well rested and alert. You will love this.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2013 3:11:00 PM More reviews by sarahdufour12

I'll start by saying that I don't have bad under eye darkness/circles/puffiness. I just wanted something a little extra to even out the skin tone there and take care of the little bit of darkness I had going on. I tried a few concealers but they were wayyyy to cakey and caused creasing.

The MUA at Bobbi Brown suggested the Brightener as an alternative, and I love it. Wear it every day. It definitely helps brighten up the under eye area and makes me look more rested--- but it's very natural. Goes on sheer. Plays nicely with my Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation. (I wear Porcelain 0 foundation and Porcelain Bisque 1 Under Eye Brightener.)

I'll voice what others have already said: if you're looking for something to conceal dark circles, this probably isn't what you want. If you're looking for something that looks very natural to give your under eye area a "boost", give this a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by MsChanandlerB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

NW30, use med to dark bisque.
MUA put this on me when I was looking for other stuff and I fell in love and had to have it. I don't have bad undereye circles and this stuff is so lightweight and brightening, its my new fave. I used to use MAC Pro Longwear Concealer under my eyes, but this is so much easier, I waste no product (with Mac's, I always end up pumping out way more than I need), and it does exactly what I need it to. I've only had it for a few days, but I've worn it every day and marvel at the difference it makes. This is definitely a potential HG product for me. Will definitely repurchase in a lighter color when summer is over and I get a little more fair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2013 1:42:00 AM More reviews by halfpastsunday

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think I have finally found my HOLY GRAIL undereye 'concealer!' I have searched for years and I really believe that this is it. The newly repackaged Tinted Eye Brightener from Bobbi Brown is perfect for those who do not need/want heavy coverage, but still want to brighten up the eye area for a very rested look. It's also perfect for who anyone likes the idea of just using a highlighter instead of a concealer under the eye, but does not want any shimmer (YSL Touche Eclat.) It's very light consistency/coverage, but could possibly be built to medium. However, if you want something more than sheer to light coverage, this will disappoint you big time. I have a lot of pesky, little fine lines underneath my eyes and this doesn't accentuate or sink into them . I am an NC42-44 in MAC and I wear this in the shade Light to Medium Peach.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2013 10:51:00 PM More reviews by FrizzBgone

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have the Eye Brightener in Bisque. I love it. The texture is perfect. It is very sheer, but definitely brightens under my eyes. I don't have really dark circles, so this is the perfect product. Because it is thin, it doesn't remove the concealer I have applied. It blends perfectly. I love the new applicator.
Will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2013 11:07:00 AM More reviews by jamface17

I got this whilst in Hong Kong so I can't quite remember how much it cost but in Australia, it's $50.

It's described as being a lightweight concealer made to brighten shadows. At the time of purchasing this, I was shade warm natural in Bobbi Brown's foundation and got matched to peach.

It has a doe-foot applicator. I don't mind this kind of packaging and apply it straight from the applicator to my under eyes. The smell, omg the smell. One of the reasons why I forget to use this and reach for my creamy concealer instead is because this smells so strange! It's this strong, paint-like smell. Nothing too strong as to knock me out but definitely makes me cringe slightly. I'm not sure if that's just the way it is or if it's just mine!

It is definitely light coverage. I have dark eye bags that needs something heavier to cover them. Since this is only called 'tinted' eye brightener, I guess I can't complain about that. However, I found that the shade I have is quite orange. Looking at the other shades, it seems that they all lean orange. Because of this, I don't find that it really helps to 'brighten shadows' as described by Bobbi Brown and I can't wear it alone cos it makes my under eye circles look a little strange.

On the plus side, it feels really smooth so provided the shade works out for you, it'll blend well without looking cakey. Once I lightly powder, this lasts a long time.

Since for me, I find that there are more cons than pros, I won't be repurchasing after I finish. However, if you find a shade that matches you well and want something light, this might work out for you. A bit disappointed since I usually love Bobbi Brown face makeup!