Bobbi Brown Tinted Eye Brightener Spring 2013 Repackage

4.2

on 8/20/2015 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I'm so glad I got the Tinted Eye Brightener as it meets my requirements for what I want in a concealer:
lightweight formula
makes me look awake
doesn't crease into the lines under my eyes (crucial in my late 40s)
long lasting
excellent colour match

I will note that I don't have really dark circles so I don't need heavy coverage. If you have prominent dark circles, this product will disappoint with its light coverage.
I can't wear heavy duty concealers as they always cake and crease into the under eye lines which ends up in a crepey look. No thanks.
I use the Giorgio Armani Master Corrector #2 as a base and then use the Tinted Eye Brightener (#7 Light to Medium Peach) for additional coverage and this has become my makeup routine for my under eye area. The result is a very natural and polished look.

The price tag for this combination is steep ($37 CAD for each product) but I believe in spending the extra money to get the right colour match and formula preference for base/face products. An inexpensive concealer that doesn't work for you and sits in your makeup drawer is a waste of money compared to a costly one that does work and gets daily use. For reference, I'm NC30 but definitely get matched in person as ymmv.

Another winner from Bobbi Brown and yes, a definitely re-purchase.

on 8/6/2015 1:28:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I am usually a b20 in Chanel vitalumiere aqua. Got this in 7 light to med peach. Perfect match for me as it has a bit of yellowness in it.
Being a tinted eye brightener, it only provided a sheer to medium coverage. However, I find this is better than the heavy coverage dark circle concealers. This is more liquidy, therefore easier to blend, and looks more natural compared to those that have a thicker consistency. I have found that this is the only under eye concealer that does not cake on me. I've got this 'line' that all concealers sit in, so I'm not complaining when this one does also. Whilst it does not provide high coverage, it does brighten up your under eyes, giving a more awake look. Lasts pretty much all day until I take it off at night. I don't have really dark circles, so I am happy with the result of this eye brightener. When I tried it at the counter, the lady put tonnes of it on. I've realized that you don't actually need to whack loads on, as that will just make it more cakey and fake looking. A thin layer is enough for me. Might be best to try it at the counter and see what its like before purchasing. I find the lights in the stores are always rubbish, and somehow makes the products look amazing. But I would buy another if I run out. Not anticipating that to happen anytime soon though. A lot of product still remains!

on 6/28/2015 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have Porcelain Peach, which is the perfect color for reducing the look of undereye circles. I usually wear Sand in BB foundations, and Porcelain Peach is still a fleshtone but just peachy enough to counteract blue. It covers fairly well despite the fact that it has a thin texture and is meant to be used in conjunction with other products - you are supposed to be able to layer another concealer on top of it, but a lot of times I use this alone.

The 2013 repackage made this easier to apply with a doe's foot applicator on the end of a wand, similar to the lip gloss packaging. Good to carry in a purse, and I find that it doesn't crease.

Only one concern: I recently had a bout of contact dermatitis and could not use this for at least a week. A lot of products were irritating to me at the time so I don't want to single this one out as the only culprit. But it did burn. I couldn't use it until my skin had recovered to its normal state.

I was able to use Cle de Peau, products from Illuminare. I wish I knew which of the ingredients made the Tinted Eye Brightener irritating. If you have normal skin, don't worry about it. But if you have an inflammatory skin problem such as rosacea or eczema, please test it before buying.

on 6/20/2015 9:17:00 AM

Shade I have is #7 - light to medium peach. Dual purpose- may be used alone or over a concealer with heavier coverage. By itself, it will lighten the undereye area and provides good, light coverage. Over concealer, it will give it that extra oomph. This did not settle on my fine lines like some reported here. The only thing I can suggest is to blend blend blend to avoid that. For a "highlighting" concealer, this is pretty opaque that's why for days that I want a lighter make-up I only use this. You do have to set this with powder
(applied using a sponge with patting motion) to keep it in place. I have religiously set my concealer this way and it has improved the longevity of the concealers I have used. I might try to use this alone without "setting" to see how long-wearing it is. But so far I will keep repurchasing.

on 6/18/2015 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Disappointed with this concealer. I bought it to conceal darkness on my under eyes, but the formula is so sheer that it doesn't cover darkness practically at all. My dark circles aren't that bad, so I would recommend this product only if you have very little to hide or you just want to brighten the under eye area. I considered using this for only brightening purposes, because it does really brighten and makes you look more awake, but some ingredient in the formula makes my eyes water. I believe it might be Isostearyl Neopentanoate. Therefore, the brightening factor lasts on me only for half an hour and after that, I end up with red eyes. On the positive side, the concealer never creases nor looks heavy.

I'm around NC15 and I bought the shade "Porcelain Bisque", which is a pretty good match on the darkness scale, but a tad too pink for my neutral skin.

I strongly recommend testing this before buying, so you know if the coverage is enough for you. Here is also the full ingredient list:

Water - Cyclopentasiloxane - Isopentyldiol - Polymethylsilsesquioxane - Dimethicone - PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone - Hydrogenated polyisobutene - Humulus Lupulus Extract - Glycyrrhiza Glabra - Gentiana Lutea Root Extract - Sasa veitchii - Sodium Hyaluronate - Linoleic Acid - Isostearyl Neopentanoate - Linolenic acid - Pentaerythrityl tetraethylhexanoate - Lecithin - Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate - Disteardimonium Hectorite - C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate - Polysilicone-11 - Alumina - Polyglyceryl-4 isostearate - Hexyl Laurate - Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/
1 dimethicone - Propylene carbonate - Laureth-7 - Butylene Glycol - Sodium chloride - Disodium EDTA - Phenoxyethanol - [+/- CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) - CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride) - CI 77491 - CI 77492 - CI 77499 - Mica]

on 2/9/2015 3:45:00 PM

I guess I am the only person who doesn't like this product. The formula just doesn't work for me at all, it settles into lines, doesn't blend and looks patchy on my skin. I have tried it alone, with eye primer, with concealer. Blending with fingers, with a brush and a sponge. Nothing makes it work! It was so highly recommended and reviewed, but turned out to be such a major disappointment.

on 10/1/2014 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

It is the thing if you do not have serious dark circles and are going for a sheer coverage. It does not cake up under my eyes. It does a moderately good job at covering my dark circles, which are not very serious to begin with. It instantly brightens up my look. The color range is wide and should be able to cater to everyone's needs.

The thing I dislike about this product is that it gets quite messy around the opening after several applications, which is a common problem among liquid correctors. In addition, it is quite expensive, but it lasts for quite a long time, as not much is needed per application.

on 8/22/2014 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Tried this in the mall one afternoon. I got so many compliments on it just in 1 day. It took away the darkness under my eyes. People kept telling me I looked glowing! I got the 07 light to med peach. I wear medium ivory in Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation. Went back and bought the full tube the next day. Overall, love it!

on 7/21/2014 12:41:00 PM

Love it! To date this is the best under-eye concealer I've found.

I wasn't initially sure if this would be the best thing for me as I have major dark blue under-eye circles and this product does not provide heavy-duty coverage. However, it does brighten underneath my eyes fantastically well and I look a great deal more refreshed, with a big reduction in the darkness under my eyes. The product applies very smoothly and does not crease up or 'cake' under my eyes. I find a little goes a long way with this.

I'm around an NW15 in MAC, and I use the 'Porcelain Peach' shade in the Bobbi Brown Eye Brightener.

My only negative is I don't find this to be especially long-wearing, but otherwise for me it's perfect.

on 7/19/2014 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Finally! i have finally found a product that hides my horrible dark circles. I have tried everything, you name it, I've tried it, from expensive to drug store brands. I bought this in bisque and it's a perfect match for me. I dot it on the dark area, wait a second, and then take a small foundation brush to perfectly blend it in. I then top it off with Laura Mercier secret brightening powder and voila, my dark circles are perfectly covered.....and, it lasts until I wash it off, no need to touch up during the day. For any of you that suffer from dark circles, try these two products......I don't see why it won't work for you too! I just feel better and look better without big dark raccoon eyes! Good luck~~~~