OPI You're Such A Budapest

4.1

on 8/28/2015 7:24:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This cream polish by OPI is one of my favorites.
It is a light, but not pastel, cross between purple and periwinkle.
It had a wonderful formula; opaque in 2 coats. It wears about the same as other OPI polishes (a decent amount of time) with proper base and top coat. (I currently use OPI chip skip, Zoya anchor and Seche Vite to get the longest lasting manicure possible.)
I would highly recommend!

on 8/18/2015 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I usually love polishes that have tones of purple, blue and gray, but this was not flattering on my cool toned skin. It was such a pretty color in the bottle. The color was a little too light so it looked chalky. It was also streaky. Even at 3 coats I still had some bald spots. Just not for me.

on 8/2/2015 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

A nice periwinkle colour for the Spring and Summer seasons. It applies easily, the formula is the perfect consistency, and it is opaque in 2-3 coats depending on how thickly you apply. I didn't encounter any streakiness, but my nails are quite small and skinny so that may be a reason why. I really like this colour, the only reason I would not repurchase is because I don't wear it enough. It is similar to Essie's Bikini So Teeny but without the shimmer.

on 7/17/2015 6:22:00 AM

Love love love :)

on 3/7/2015 1:39:00 AM

This is such a pretty color! It's a bluish lavender polish, and the finish is about 90% opaque. I can just see the slightest hint of nail underneath. The result looks very gel-like. It's very springy. It's a very flattering color for cool skin tones. This is not a polish that can be worn with just one coat. One coat is transparent and streaky. I always do 2-3. If you want something you can do in one coat and be done, you should look elsewhere. I'm absolutely willing to put the 2-3 coats on. While I normally use a topcoat, I haven't been with this polish, because I love its finish all on its own.

on 7/28/2014 8:27:00 AM

I'm on board with the other good reviews. Maybe not quite so enamored with the color as some but it is nice. It seems to have a hint of grey in it which in my opinion makes it look a bit dull. But overall it's nice. I'll wear it.

on 5/29/2014 2:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

OMG this is the periwinkle blue np that I have been looking for all my life. it is soo gorgeous on, I am absolutely in love with this shade. Essie Bikini So Teeny, another periwinkle, just looked awful on my skin, but you're such a budapest glows and looks amazing.

HG!

on 3/27/2014 10:55:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

What a gorgeous color! OPI You're Such A Budapest has to be one of the most unique, but wearable shades of polish I've tried. It is a cross between lavender and light blue, and has an almost neon quality- perfect for summer and flattering on my NC 35 skin tone. Application can be streaky, but the key is to have a decent amount on the brush when applying--I am left with a perfect finish when I take care in applying. The formula is a creme (my favorite type by far).. It lasts a good amount of time without chips (several days) when paired with a base and top coat. This particular shade is gorgeous- I've gotten compliments on it too :). I found this at CVS recently--it has quickly become one of my favorite shades.

on 3/25/2014 1:50:00 AM

I picked up this polish at a beauty supplier closing out sale for $3. I love the color! It is a beautiful milky pale periwinkle blue that looks lavender in some light. It looks very nice against my super pale skin. But....I applied 2 coats very carefully and it wasn't as opaque as I'd have liked. Somewhat streaky actually, so that knocked the overall rating down. I don't have time to fuss with my nails to make this work...ie: 3-4 coats so I won't be using it much and will not buy again.

on 2/10/2014 2:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Originally found this color when I went to get a manicure. I loved it so much I went to Sally's the next day and bought a bottle.

The formula is somewhat like an Essie polish, a tad on the watery side, and just a little more creamy than a crelly. The periwinkle shade is absolutely lovely and has just enough gray in it to work as a brighter neutral. I've worn it to work and have gotten many compliments.

It's not as purple in real life as it photographs and indooors it leans more pastel purple than outdoors.

I reached opacity in two coats, the streakyness was avoided through careful application (making sure I had enough on the brush) and waiting to apply top coat so no bald spots would emerge.

Lovely color, great brush. Only downside is the price, $9 is a lot to spend.

Popular Polishes