October 25, 2014 | 1861 users online

Polishes - OPI - You're Such A Budapest

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2014 8:27:00 AM More reviews by HookedM

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm on board with the other good reviews. Maybe not quite so enamored with the color as some but it is nice. It seems to have a hint of grey in it which in my opinion makes it look a bit dull. But overall it's nice. I'll wear it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2014 2:53:00 AM More reviews by Cactus_Pear

OMG this is the periwinkle blue np that I have been looking for all my life. it is soo gorgeous on, I am absolutely in love with this shade. Essie Bikini So Teeny, another periwinkle, just looked awful on my skin, but you're such a budapest glows and looks amazing.

HG!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2014 10:55:00 AM More reviews by royas784

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

What a gorgeous color! OPI You're Such A Budapest has to be one of the most unique, but wearable shades of polish I've tried. It is a cross between lavender and light blue, and has an almost neon quality- perfect for summer and flattering on my NC 35 skin tone. Application can be streaky, but the key is to have a decent amount on the brush when applying--I am left with a perfect finish when I take care in applying. The formula is a creme (my favorite type by far).. It lasts a good amount of time without chips (several days) when paired with a base and top coat. This particular shade is gorgeous- I've gotten compliments on it too :). I found this at CVS recently--it has quickly become one of my favorite shades.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2014 1:50:00 AM More reviews by clairerenee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I picked up this polish at a beauty supplier closing out sale for $3. I love the color! It is a beautiful milky pale periwinkle blue that looks lavender in some light. It looks very nice against my super pale skin. But....I applied 2 coats very carefully and it wasn't as opaque as I'd have liked. Somewhat streaky actually, so that knocked the overall rating down. I don't have time to fuss with my nails to make this work...ie: 3-4 coats so I won't be using it much and will not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 2:22:00 AM More reviews by audralou

Originally found this color when I went to get a manicure. I loved it so much I went to Sally's the next day and bought a bottle.

The formula is somewhat like an Essie polish, a tad on the watery side, and just a little more creamy than a crelly. The periwinkle shade is absolutely lovely and has just enough gray in it to work as a brighter neutral. I've worn it to work and have gotten many compliments.

It's not as purple in real life as it photographs and indooors it leans more pastel purple than outdoors.

I reached opacity in two coats, the streakyness was avoided through careful application (making sure I had enough on the brush) and waiting to apply top coat so no bald spots would emerge.

Lovely color, great brush. Only downside is the price, $9 is a lot to spend.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2014 3:44:00 AM More reviews by lucykk

I am a huge fan of OPI polishes because the quality and range is fantastic. This polish is one of my favourites as the colour is so unique as it has very subtle iridescent shimmer in it. The shade was fully opaque in two coats which was a pleasant surprise as some other light OPI polishes take longer to build up.
This polish is my current obsession!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2013 4:20:00 AM More reviews by Tango1224

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Since becoming a nail art-a-holic I have fallen in love with china glaze. However their polish tended to chip easily on me so I decided to give OPI a go, this colour looked great and I needed to add some cremes to my collection. It was more expensive than china glaze but was such a lovely colour I had to have it!
Now I'm not sure if it is because it is a creme or not, but this took 4, yes 4 coats to become completely even and opaque. This was a real pain and was quite difficult to apply. I did love that the brush was so thick this helped a little but the formula was so thin! I do love the colour but since I have discovered a great no chip top coat and fast drying topcoat, once this runs out, I will go back to china glaze to see if they have a similar colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by Knitknitfrog

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

hello,
my polish purchases do tend to be based on reviews and swatches that i find online, and this was one of those products, i read reviews and loved the name, and bought it.
a 'normal' mani, with clean nails, base coat (Orley bonder), two coats of OPI you are such a budapest, and a top coat (manicure high shine) --- love it. Polish applied easily, two coats for full coverage and thick enough to make a neat cuticle line, not runny or streaky, self leveled nicely, not so thick as to be difficult to apply.
colour - a rather special light purple, with a shimmer in the bottle and less of a shimmer on the nail, many call this a summer or spring colour, but i wore it in deep dark winter and as it is a cool purple, almost icy, i felt it worked well in winter. i'd wear it in summer and spring as well. went beautifully with all my black and grey clothes, and with some brighter prints.
wear and tear, this polish surprised me, a little tip wear, just a line at the tip of the nails of my dominant hand - despite a few sinks of dish washing with gloves, and usual household chores and hand/hairwashing, and food prep at home, and a load of typing (i work in an office), On day four i added a new coat of OPI Budapest and another coat of clear topcoat, and it continued to last well, I got until well into day 6 before any more tip wear appeared - this time on both hands, and day 8 before I had any chips - even then these were small at at the far edge corners of some my nails. Much as i love the color i was hankering for a change after 8 days ... so finally removed the polish.
Came of cleanly, no staining, no stuck bits at the edges or in my cuticles.
new favorite until i am distracted by something else ...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2013 9:20:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm half Hungarian, and my favourite colour is purple, so naturally I had to have this polish. The colour is pretty, but I'm disappointed in the formula. It's very very streaky, you need 3 coats for sure.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 9:39:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Such a pretty color - a pale bluish purple with a touch of grey to it. (Periwinkle?) Modern and opaque. Gorgeous for a summer mani or pedi. Love it as a gel also. My manicurist applied it - and the first coat was sheer but after 2 (3 is better) looks great. Can streak - so be careful - but there are definitely worse shades out there for streakiness. Not super hard to apply but not "an easy" color either.