NYC Mosaic Face Powder

Price: $

Price: $

on 10/1/2015 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love Too Faced pink leopard blusher/bronzer duo and was hoping this would be a good dupe in the pink/brown shade. Oh goodness......NOT EVEN CLOSE..... This NYC bronzer is so ugly, I am not sure how to describe it. The color turns out to be this pale, yellowy, tan color that resembles baby poop. It is so freaking ugly, I could not believe the swatch on my fingers. It does not look like a blush or a bronzer....I have no idea what anyone could use this for!? I have to admit that I have not tried any other colors, so maybe the one that is all pink is prettier? The powder was finely milled and silky, so I would maybe try the pink one only if I could test it first before buying it. I cannot wait to return it. Ugly, ugly, ugly color!!!!!!

I didn't think I'd love this but for the price, I had nothing to lose. It' fantastic. The most natural blush I've ever applied that doesn't disappear on my fair skin. I love that it's a mosaic of shades so you get a personalized colour as opposed to a flat pink. Really great product...did I mention the pot is HUGE. It's last for a long, long time. Great bang for your buck at $5--this is a total steal!

on 6/11/2013 4:55:00 PM

I love the blush. It is a pretty coral color when all the shades are mixed. My only complaint is the packaging.

on 2/18/2013 5:37:00 PM

On the advice of my college-aged daughter, I purchased the NYC color wheel mosaic face powder to replace my recently depleted expensive blush.

Purchased at Target for less than $6, I was anxious to give it a try. The container is cheap plastic and the cover an accident waiting to happen as it could easily crack when opening and closing.

That said, I didn't have it long enough for the cover to crack - the blush did - in dozens of pieces making for a real mess and the inability to use it. I do not take my blush or bronzer with me when leaving the house nor did I drop or shake it. It just crumbled.

Thinking it may have been defective, I purchased a second one only to have the same thing happen again.

Needless to say, I will not purchase again and advise anyone tempted to do so, to avoid it as well.