July 30, 2014 | 2089 users online

Lipstick - Marks and Spencer - Limited Collection Lipstick

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2013 12:20:00 PM More reviews by prettypolly40

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

***Why I want the product***
I much prefer lipstick to lip gloss, mostly because I find lipsticks last that bit longer on me and somehow I just never seem to look right with lip gloss on. I have only really taken notice of Marks and Spencer beauty department since they did their re-launch earlier on in 2012. Since then everyone has been raving on their new formulas and how good the products are for the price.

***About the product***
I decided on the range called Limited Collection Lipstick by Marks and Spencer. This collection has 22 different shades, which I thought was good for a budget brand. Marks and Spencer boast that this lipstick is hypoallergenic, paraben free and moisturising. The reviews on this lipstick also swayed it for me.
Unfortunately the site does not tell you how much product you are to receive, but I presumed it would be a regular full size.

***Packaging***
This product did not come in any special packaging; instead it came protective wrapped in bubble wrap as I ordered it online.
The lipstick itself however, looks better in person than it did on the website. The casing is chrome, shiny finish; although it's plastic it still looks expensive. Screwing the end of the lipstick casing clockwise pushes the lipstick upwards; this does not feel flimsy at all. The tube is see through, plastic and again shiny. It looks more expensive than it is. The top sees like a bubble design that gives it a little bit of edge. On the side in white it says LIPSTICK Limited Collection. The bottom sees the colour and the name. The case snaps on lovely to the tube without any play.

***Applying the product, and how it feels***
Applying the colour Chiffon to the back of my hand I was surprised to see it glides on beautifully and feels very creamy. The colour on my hand looks a light pink with little golden particles that give this colour an almost 3D affect.
Screwing the lipstick all the way out of the bullet I was disappointed to see there was not a lot of product and not something I would personally call 'full size' and still on the packaging no size stated is to be seen.
Applying the lipstick on my lips, whether I previously had lip balm on or not doesn't matter as it feels that creamy and silky on the lips. The colour is a warm pink on my pale skin but what I was most surprised about is how much gloss there is. It looks like I have applied a light layer of gloss over the top. Although very nice the lipstick transfers very quickly and I find it's not long before I have to reapply. I have tried different ways in making this lipstick stay put, putting concealer over my lips first, applying a lip primer, applying lipstick, blotting to make a stain and reapplying again and nothing seems to work it is just too creamy and glossy. Even if not drinking or eating I am lucky to get half an hour to an hour's wear and that is with prepping the lips beforehand.

***Price and availability***
You can purchase this lipstick from marksandspencer.com or any of their bigger stores for 5.00, which I think is good to say how well built the packaging is and good quality of the lipstick.

***What I think about it/do I like it?***
This lipstick is great for everyday use as well for a special occasion as it provides you with an extra shiny finish over the top. I am very surprised at how well made the packaging is and the quality of the lipstick. For that and to say it is a 'budget' brand I think it is very good value for money.

***Would I purchase again?***
Of course I would, I am really surprised about Marks and Spencer makeup range and is sure to be back to try more colours, I just hope the colour Chiffon does not get discontinued.