October 21, 2014 | 878 users online

Lipstick - Burt's Bees - Wings of Love lipstick [DISCONTINUED]

rated 1 of 5 on 12/3/2006 9:12:00 PM More reviews by captodometer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

These lipsticks were absolutely horrible! The colors look beatiful in the package, but are almost nonexistent when you actually try to wear them. Serious overkill on the peppermint oil-there's so much in these lipsticks that it actually burned my lips. Fortunately, the lipsticks I tried were only samples and I received them in a swap. I definitely wouldn't repurchase any of them. Into the garbage they go!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2006 7:31:00 PM More reviews by jago

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I found these lipsticks to be highly unpleasant. I received a package of sample sized sticks in a swap (perhaps they were old?) and found them to be utterly dry, and not very pigmented unless I "heated" them up a bit beforehand. Not the most pleasant lip experience. I can tell that a lot of peppermint oil was used in their production.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2006 4:00:00 PM More reviews by MerryBerriesNCherries

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the only thing from the sample kit that I don't wash off immediately after applying a whole face of makeup. I have only tried persimmon and sorbet but I really like them so far. Persimmon is my favorite, it is closest to nude, my favorite lipstick shade. This isn't as dry as regular lipstick, IMHO. It feels more like a balm, but it doesn't seem to last long. I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2005 12:25:00 PM More reviews by rossjen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

These have been renamed since I bought it. I am currently using a sample of Honesty. This was the color I was most drawn to. It is a medium red with just enough brown in it so that it isn't overdone. Somehow, it looks a lot warmer when applied though, which is not a bad thing at all for my light olive skin. I love this color and will gladly get it again. I deducted a point for the dryness of this lipstick, but mixed with a little lipbalm, it solves the problem nicely. I will be looking at other colors in the future.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2005 11:20:00 PM More reviews by dewdropsjd

Warning: Only for the "re-application" lovers. It has that feeling that you need to apply it every so oftern. It feels like gloss but it has more staying power than the colored slim gloss sticks.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2005 5:02:00 PM More reviews by sweetsiecola5

Very dry, too expensive and instead of the pink I was expecting, it was mauve.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/10/2005 2:08:00 AM More reviews by BassicFox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought the little sample pack that has all the lipstick colors... imagine my surprise when NONE of them looked good on me! Do people really wear this many oranges and mutant purples? Plus they were all so cakey and dry. Sorry Burt... I'll be sticking to the lip gloss!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2005 2:57:00 PM More reviews by k108

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

According to Burt's Bees, The "Wings of Love" lipsticks have been discontinued as of January 2004 and replaced with 6 new colors:

Sorbet - A warm and delicate coral spring pink.
Persimmon - A warm, sunny ripe peach.
Latte - A creamy nude whisper of coffee.
Fig - A succulent, intense red earth brown.
Eggplant - A mysterious sophisticated deep mauve purple.
Pomegranate - A juicy, inviting deep rose fuchsia.
Mulberry - A rich and luscious bright terracotta red.

From a Burt's Bees rep:
"These are all approximations of our former shades matched with our new hues.

Sorbet is sort of a brighter version of Grace.
Persimmon is sort of a darker version of Grace.
Latte is sort of a lighter version of Strength.
Fig is the exact same shade as Honesty.
Mulberry is sort of a darker version of Honesty.
Eggplant is sort of a lighter version of Spontaneity.
Pomegranate is fairly close to Play."

rated 2 of 5 on 1/1/2005 9:19:00 PM More reviews by xopheonixox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have the sample package and they don't go on right, so I'm not sure how the regular do...

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2004 9:17:00 PM More reviews by sugary_sweet89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this lipstick!! So natural, pretty, and the minty smell is wonderful! I have it in adventure and I love it already, got it as a christmas present from a friend, but I don't know if I would personally spend that much money on a lipstick...however, I'm tempted. ^_^