July 31, 2014 | 2009 users online

Liquid - Black Opal - Even True Liquid Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2014 1:53:00 PM More reviews by hondurena89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this product but for me it caused my face to burn. Let just say...I have never ever had a foundation that made my skin burn. Not even mac make me burn and no break outs. My skin is naturally flawless. But this product got me for the first time since I started wearing makeup 13 years ago. Okay, this product claims to not have various chemicals such as parabens. But it states that it brightens the skin. And from the burning I felt I bet they added something in this makeup like properties from skin bleach. Also when I washed my face after having it on for 10 minutes...my skin was visibly brighter. Like ghost face or something. Im nc50 by the way. Never seen my face like that. The foundation feel like whipped mousse its very airy. When applying it feels so light on the skin. I got the color hazelnut. Once applied the foundation sets quickly. Its full coverage. This finish is beautiful. It sets to a powder finish. No need for powder. Its such a natural finish that gives a glamorous look. I noticed that the color matched well even though it has a red undertone. My undertone is very yellow. But color is nice. I get away with red or yellow.weird. anyway the foundation oxidized alot making me look dark. I like the package small black squeeze tube. It might work for you guys. Just becareful because something aint right.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by Kissiq

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Update, this product does transfer a lot more when blotting after a couple hours of wear. It just sits on the skin ready to be removed. other wise I still enjoy this foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by tempescape

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

What! A foundation that looks natural on yellow-based skin, lasts all day and doesn't set you back $40+? I remember being a fan of Black Opal foundations years ago before my skin turned into a lizards backside and I ad to stop using them because they either made the dry patch more pronounced or were so sheer that it was a lot like using plain lotion. THIS new product though is great. Excellent coverage. Doesn't smell overpowering and at an affordable price too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well, Black Opal has done it again! I swear. Everything I get from this brand is excellent. This is very pigmented foundation. I purchased it in Hazelnut as that is my match in Black Opal. I wear MAC NW45 for reference. This has the perfect packaging! I took too much out because I didn't expect it to be so creamy, rich, thick and pigmented. I have oily skin. I wore this with Hard Candy primer, applied the foundation with a MAC 109 brush. Dusted some pressed powder over it, and I had to blot twice throughout the day. But my coverage stayed intact. Very excited.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2013 7:32:00 PM More reviews by mimz007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I needed to switch fundations because L'oreal True Match was giving me ghost face, its the same shade I've used for years! I saw Even True at my local bss and decided to try it out after a quick makeupalley google lol.
I love it, it gives enough coverage that I can nix the concealer. It gives a nice semi matte finish, I'm an esthetician, so sometimes I don't get a chance to touch up all day, it holds out without giving me oil face! Love it. This coupled with my true match powder gives a lovely velvet finish

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2013 7:50:00 PM More reviews by Tamira

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this product in Kalahari Sand and Rich Caramel (one is a tad too light, one a bit too dark, and both are the most yellow based of the lightest shades which is what I need). I mix them for my closest match and use them for highlighting and contouring as well which makes having to buy two suck a little less. They were under $12 each, which isn't bad, although I did have ro drive all over the city to find them...

I REALLY like this makeup, especially the more yellow based colors they have created. I enjoy the creamy texture and the coverage is ALMOST full, but not quite flawlessly full. It looks very natural and feels nice on the skinn but it takes layers to cover post acne marks while they fade...

I'm giving 4 instead of 5 stars because it isn't quite full coverage which it claims to be, isn't water resistant (crying/sweating, etc. causes running/fading), and doesn't have as much staying power as I would like in general...plus, I did have to buy two colors to get a match (this means they could expand their light to medium color range a bit and add more yellow based lighter in between shades...).

Overall, if they ever make those minor improvements, this would be pretty perfect...I only wish I could get colors this rich and yellow based in my HG formula...Revlon Whipped Colorstay. If I could combine the best of both of these foundations, I'd be flawless at all times! I am playing with using them in combo a bit...we shall see...

Oh, well...a tan girl can dream...:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by laylaperdomo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

After hitting the jackpot with the BO cream sticks, I decided to venture and see what else the brand had to offer with this amazing quality.

I bough this from he website directly as I could not find it at my local D/S.
The shades I bought were Kalahari Sand which I use as my concealer/highlighter, and Truly Topaz which I use on the rest of the face.

The coverage is flawlessly FULL and the finish is MATTE without being drying.

I personally am NOT a fan of the matte finish, so I like to mix a drop of Jose Maran's Argan Illuminator with this foundation to get a radiant finish.

The lasting power is lengthy just like the cream stick formula.
My typical makeup wearing time is from 8-8 and it still looks good when it is time to wash it off.

I moisturize and prime but do not feel the need to set it with powder because of its matte finish.

This is another one of my favorite foundations!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by prettywoman46

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this foundation at a CVS drugstore. I picked up two colors: Heavenly Honey (hilight) and Truly Topaz. I am a huge fan of Black Opal foundations and own the stick, cream-to-powder, concealing foundation, and the other lighter liquid foundation (I am beginning to think I have a compulsive need to buy foundation or I am a hoarder of make-up).

First, this foundation comes in a squeeze tube. The consistency is more creamy than liquid. The coverage is medium but buildable and it has a very natural appearance (in comparison, the stick foundation gives a very made-up look). However, I have very dark acne scars and i also have some dry spots thanks to the recent addition of Retin A to my skin care routine. I used the L'oreal primer to cover the dry patches and the BO Total Coverage Concealing Foundation to cover the dark spots and then used the Even True foundation. With so much stuff on my face, I was truly surprised to see such a natural look to my skin. My face looked really nice and the blemishes and dry patches were made almost invisible to the naked eye.

Bottom line, if you have light to moderate skin imperfections, this foundation should provide the coverage you need to conceal those imperfections. If you have major dark spots or other issues, be prepared to use a concealer. However, the natural finish you get outweighs anything else.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No