December 20, 2014 | 1805 users online

Conditioner - TRESemme - Platinum Strength

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2014 4:56:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was excited to get this because I got a huge bottle for like, $1 at CVS (sale plus coupons). But this didn't work for me. I just dyed my hair again so it's even drier than usual so I was hoping for a heavier conditioner. This is TOO heavy. It's feels waxy and makes my hair stiff, not soft. Also the huge bottle doesn't have a pump, so it's especially awkward in the shower. Have you ever dropped a shampoo bottle on your foot? Well, this one is heavy enough to break it. Usually I like Tresemme but this is an exception.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2014 7:24:00 PM More reviews by cgarcia5

Love this conditioner along with the matching shampoo. I also tried the deep conditioning mask to go along with it and I love it. It's not one of those heavy mask that you use once a week it's more of a mask you can use daily because it's so light weight yet it does the job perfectly. Though I have dry thick hair this does really make my hair soft and manageable.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2014 5:06:00 AM More reviews by HappyUnicornSmile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is ok, but there are better out there, for sure. I use this in conjunction with the shampoo from the same line. My hair has been a bit dry while using the Platinum Strength line. I usually wash my hair every other night, and on the nights in between, I just wet my hair in the shower and don't add anything to it except some shampoo on my bangs if I need it. I bought the HUGE bottles of these, with the pump, and have had them for months. I like to use up products before getting more, so I've stuck it out with these. I've officially finished off the conditioner (you'll see why), but not the shampoo yet. I have had to change my routine a few times because of the way my hair reacts to these. First I changed to washing my hair with both shampoo and conditioner every other night, and conditioning my hair on the nights in between. Recently I have had to change it up to washing my hair with both shampoo and conditioner on one night, then the next night using conditioner only, then the next night using nothing and just wetting my hair. So basically I fully wash every 3 days. Can't wait until I run out of the shampoo and can try something else. Also, as a wavy-haired girl, different shampoos/conditioners make my hair react differently in texture, too. I'm sure others can relate. Some hair care lines make my hair lay straighter, some cause it to be quite curly, some cause it to be merely wavy, etc. This makes my hair wavy, but not in a cute way. It looks almost straight on the top layer of my hair and then the bottom layer is very ripply looking, almost as if I didn't brush it after my shower. Because of this I have tried to blow dry it on a cool setting while constantly brushing to try to straighten it all out. This has failed. It comes out to be just poofy. Now I pin-curl my hair at night to try to get it to look like I at least tried to look put together lol. This seems to work alright, but after the nights where I both shampoo and condition, the curls seem to fall out very quickly and frizz up, turning into frizzy waves. Weird. I would also prefer it if the packaging was in a squeeze-bottle where the caps were large and flat and locate at the bottom of the bottle so that the bottle stands on the cap and the product is always at the bottom, ready to be squeezed out. Those are my favorite containers. I never have to shake the bottle and bash it against my hand to try to get the product to come out. The pumps were nice, but on the conditioner pump, it constantly clogged and that was annoying.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2014 6:51:00 AM More reviews by 4ever29

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I dont like this at all. My hair feels coated, waxy, dirty and rough. It justs get drier as the day goes on, no moisture at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2014 10:32:00 AM More reviews by yazmin77

A very good affordable conditioner, that leaves hair shiny, manageable and less dry!
I prefer this over the treatment mask that is also in the same line, nevertheless a very good drugstore option!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2014 2:05:00 PM More reviews by malpal007

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love, love, love this conditioner! It is so moisturizing and smells so nice. It leaves my hair feeling so soft and healthy. I definitely noticed a difference in my hair when I use this and when I use other conditioners. It isn't heavy like many conditioners and it lasts about 3-4 months depending. I do wish that there were travel size bottles, makes it difficult to travel with. I will never purchase another conditioner other than this. In my opinion this is the best conditioner that Tresemme provides, and I have used Tresemme since I was a junior in High School. I will always be a Tresemme user! <3

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 11:43:00 PM More reviews by aipc29

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tinted blonde hair that is in really good condition. Had a Walgreens coupon so I decided to try this, just because my hair is really static-filled in the winter. This was by far one of the best conditioners I have ever used. Not only did the static disappear, but my hair was shinier than it had been in a long time. It is a little pricey without a coupon, but a little goes a long way. Now I use this three times a week and my hair is full of body and shiny. Love this stuff!
Gave it a "3" for the slippery tube it comes in. Don't they realize our hands are wet when we are using these products? Do I have to put a rubber band around it like a dork???

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

I don't like this conditioner at all, I wouldn't buy it again. My hair turns out so rough and dry every time I use this. I'm no stranger to drugstore conditioners but I think this is a low-quality product that's just silicones, silicones, silicones and it makes my hair feel more coated & waxy than moisturized.
This is actually the first TRESemme product I ever tried, I had a very generous coupon from Walgreen's plus it was on sale so I bought a huge 25oz bottle for only a few dollars. Now I'm halfway through the bottle and I think I'm just going to throw it away because I don't want to use it anymore. Bad Hair Day every time!
It detangles nicely enough (it should with all those silicones) and has a pleasant scent. So I will give it two lippies instead of one. But it makes my hair feel dirty and weighed-down. And most importantly it doesn't condition or moisturize well at all.
For reference I have thick, wavy-texture, color-treated hair. I see this product has lots of positive reviews, maybe it's just not suited for my hair type. At any rate, I really dislike this and will not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by coralhunter

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have dyed, bleached and used an abundance of heating tools on my hair. This stuff works amazing to keep it looking healthy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2013 9:32:00 AM More reviews by HollyWould123

I tried a small bottle of this with Loreal Total Repair 5 shampoo. I've been using TRESemme products for several years and find them to be effective and price conscious. They are by far the best line of low cost hair products. I liked this particular type better than the remoisturizing conditioner I most recently used from TRESemme. Definitely a good conditioner for a great price.