November 26, 2014 | 1693 users online

Shampoo - TRESemme - Platinum Strength

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2014 7:21:00 PM More reviews by cgarcia5

This is the only tresemme shampoo along with the conditioner I love. This is the only pair from the line that has so far worked for my hair. It has that classic salon clean smell and really keeps your hair clean and smelling wonderful. I absolutely love it and will repurchase this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/20/2014 10:01:00 AM More reviews by darthjaeder

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I am a hairdresser and there are times I'll give a cheap shampoo and conditioner a whirl and usually all is good! It's a good break from the over concentrated-ness of salon brands.

I used Tresemme products way back before I became a hairdresser and discovered salon quality product and it was always usually my go to supermarket hair product and never had problems. It has been years and I noticed this new platinum strength line and thought I'd give it a go as over the years I've never really had problems with Tresemme products.

I bought the shampoo and conditioner in the small bottles.
I noticed the bottles were both only just over half full and was pretty annoyed by that but still decided to give it a go.

The shampoo gave a nice lather, nicer than any shampoo I've ever used and cleaned my hair really well but it cleaned it FROM ALL ITS NUTRIENTS. I have never felt my hair like that before... like straw... so I then used the conditioner...all felt better again...
until I blow dried my hair and it became a tangled, frizzy mess that i couldn't run my fingers through...

Not a fan of the platinum strength range but I do like their moisture range.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/16/2014 4:11:00 PM More reviews by Zoe178

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have damaged and dry hair from a perm I had half a year ago. When I first read the reviews and saw the claims the brand promised, I was so excited to try this out. Unfortunately, I was so disappointed with the results. I was very patient with this shampoo, waiting for just over a month before I decided it simply does not work. I believe that tremme's claim that this product repairs up to 2 years of damaged is too cocky. It does not come close to doing what it promised so I was disappointed. I know everyone have different hair types and it might worked for a few people, but this review is based on my own personal experience with this product.
The first problem I noticed is that hundreds of my hair fell out when I rinse the shampoo off. Its normal for me for a few strands of my hair to fall out when I wash my hair, but the amount that fell off when using this shampoo was unnatural (lucky that I have thick hair).
The second problem I had was the shampoo build up in my hair. I had to rinse my hair for a quite while to ensure all the build up are gone. Also, I notice the drain in my shower has clumps of the shampoo which made me take a notice in the buildup in my hair.
The last problem I had is that my hair felt strawy after it dries. I don't like using heat in my hair, so I don't blow dry my hair (preferring to let my hair dried naturally) so I know that it is not a heat problem. I also used the conditioner with this shampoo so it could be possible that it is the conditioner problem. Either way, I would not recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2014 11:18:00 AM More reviews by Lukascore

I used the Keratin Smooth range and seen the platinum strength so decided I might as well try it. I have thin, dry hair that gets really greasy quickly and wash it once every two days. When I first used this (along with the deep conditioner) my hair felt smoother and looked thicker and just overall better. I would definitely recommend this

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2014 5:09:00 AM More reviews by HappyUnicornSmile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is ok, but there are better out there, for sure. I use this in conjunction with the conditioner from the same line. My hair has been a bit dry while using the Platinum Strength line. I usually wash my hair every other night, and on the nights in between, I just wet my hair in the shower and don't add anything to it except some shampoo on my bangs if I need it. I bought the HUGE bottles of these, with the pump, and have had them for months. I like to use up products before getting more, so I've stuck it out with these. I've officially finished off the conditioner (you'll see why), but not the shampoo yet. I have had to change my routine a few times because of the way my hair reacts to these. First I changed to washing my hair with both shampoo and conditioner every other night, and conditioning my hair on the nights in between. Recently I have had to change it up to washing my hair with both shampoo and conditioner on one night, then the next night using conditioner only, then the next night using nothing and just wetting my hair. So basically I fully wash every 3 days. Can't wait until I run out of the shampoo and can try something else. Also, as a wavy-haired girl, different shampoos/conditioners make my hair react differently in texture, too. I'm sure others can relate. Some hair care lines make my hair lay straighter, some cause it to be quite curly, some cause it to be merely wavy, etc. This makes my hair wavy, but not in a cute way. It looks almost straight on the top layer of my hair and then the bottom layer is very ripply looking, almost as if I didn't brush it after my shower. Because of this I have tried to blow dry it on a cool setting while constantly brushing to try to straighten it all out. This has failed. It comes out to be just poofy. Now I pin-curl my hair at night to try to get it to look like I at least tried to look put together lol. This seems to work alright, but after the nights where I both shampoo and condition, the curls seem to fall out very quickly and frizz up, turning into frizzy waves. Weird. I would also prefer it if the packaging was in a squeeze-bottle where the caps were large and flat and locate at the bottom of the bottle so that the bottle stands on the cap and the product is always at the bottom, ready to be squeezed out. Those are my favorite containers. I never have to shake the bottle and bash it against my hand to try to get the product to come out. The pumps were nice, but on the conditioner pump, it constantly clogged and that was annoying.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by marimist

I use to love Tresemme shampoos and thought they were a good value, but I didn't get good results with this one. It made my hair feel smooth at first, but within a week, I noticed that this shampoo contains/causes a lot of buildup. This wasn't just based on the nature of my hair--I noticed my bathtub strainer had gunky stuff every time I used this shampoo, and was clear on days when I didn't use it. I always had to follow up with my trusty Suave clarifying shampoo after a few days. I wouldn't recommend this, especially for people with oily hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 10:25:00 PM More reviews by trishag07

This is my favorite shampoo! I can't find it anywhere. It seems like they are going to discontinue this product! NO! This shampoo leaves my hair so soft and it actually makes the strands feel thicker. I have thin/medium hair and every time I use this shampoo my hair feels so much thicker. It also makes my hair shinier! I will repurchase it, if I can find it in my local stores.:/

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2014 12:10:00 PM More reviews by ally014

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really liked what this did to my hair but it made my hair fall out really bad after using it for a while...switched to Garnier Pure Clean and it does not come out as much as with the Tresemme. Good thing I got a 25 oz. and not the big bottle!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2014 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Dreamer731

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was very pleasantly surprised at how moisturizing this shampoo is. The shampoo is a creamy white texture and lathers nicely. It has a pleasant scent and feels very hydrating. On the bottle this shampoo claims to repair up to 2 years of damage. I'm not sure if it lives up to those claims but it is definitely a very moisturizing shampoo. So moisturizing that I have to use a clarifying shampoo every few weeks. Still I really like this shampoo and I will continue to use it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by missjc75

Makes my hair super-soft, sleek & shiny more than any of the other non high-end shampoos designed for dry hair. However, find I have to alternate with a more lightweight shampoo after a few washes or my roots start to feel a bit weighed down.