TRESemme Keratin Smooth Shampoo

3.8

Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glyerin, Potassium Chloride, Dimethiconol, Fragrance (Parfum), Carbomber, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, TEA-Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, Glycol Distearate, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Hydrolyzed Keratin, PEG 45M, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, PPG 9, Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

This product combined with the conditioner made my hair break/fall out. I already have fine hair and now it's thin too. Now trying to recover with a higher end shampoo used every other day. You get what you pay for...

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I used both the shampoo and conditioner so I'm not sure if one caused this or both, but this is the worst thing to ever happen to my hair. I am born with the thick, shiny, 2b indian waves that women dream of. Two months of using this and I've had two people commit on my hair getting thinner, breakage so bad that my hairline is covered in flyaways, and it looks like there is a bald spot on the back of my head. I stopped using this a month ago and my hair is still thinning and breaking because of how damaged it became. It also knocked my curls straight out.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

If I could give this a 4.5 rating, I would. But for now I give it a 4 that I might change to a 5 if I still love it after I finish the whole bottle.

I've been using this shampoo now for a couple weeks and I have to say I absolutely love it. This honestly has got to be one of my favorite shampoos I've ever used. I've used tons of brands ranging from salon (Pureology, Redken, Alterna, Moroccan Oil, etc) to brands from Sally's and other drugstore shampoos. For me, this makes my thick, slightly course, easily frizzy and dried out hair soft, smooth, shiny, lightweight, clean, full of body and not dried out. It's pretty much the shampoo I've been looking for as this can be a hard combination to find. It has an opaque, creamier consistency which is what I look for instead of a clear, runnier one. Now I will say that when shampooing and rinsing this out, your hair won't feel initially soft. If anything it'll make your hair feel quite dry and somewhat straw-like..this alarmed me at first but that quickly went away after I applied conditioner (I'm using Tresemme Smooth & Silky -AMAZING combo) and I don't apply conditioner near/in my roots or even much at the top of my head. Once your hair starts drying whether you blow dry or air dry, it makes it feel incredibly soft and not dried out, just super healthy feeling and it smells really good (salon like but not the traditional Tresemme scent). Not only is it soft but it's shiny and voluminous, it does this combination better than any other shampoo I've used. I have never used a shampoo that has made my hair as soft, shiny and bouncy as this. My hair is usually quite heavy so if it's soft, it lays flat to my head. This makes my hair feel so light and gives my hair shape. My hair feels really clean as well, not like there's build up like a lot of shampoos that make your hair soft can do. I find my hair doesn't get super oily as easily as it used to. (Once a week I shampoo all of my hair with this, not just the roots)

The only downside to this shampoo is, it does have sulfates (I'm usually sulfate free) so I'm not entirely sure how my hair or scalp will react to it over an extended period of time. I can say this at times makes my scalp feel a little dry with a slight itch but it could be due to the weather getting drier in which all my skin dries out a little. That combined with the fact I maybe wash my hair a little too often. I also dye my hair black so I can't attest to how much it affects my color as black sticks to hair really well but so far, my black doesn't look any less vibrant.

Overall, this shampoo is amazing and I love it so much. I was looking for something at the drugstore because I like trying new things and wanted something affordable. I saw this had pretty good ratings but I wasn't expecting to love it as much as I do. You get tons of product for an even better price than most other drugstore shampoos (there's also an Equate version at Walmart with the EXACT same ingredients for under $3). When I finish the bottle I have and I still love it, I'm definitely going to try to get it in a larger size. Highly recommend!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

The most perfect shampoo for my hair!
I have used many shampoo and this one does great on my hair. My hair keeps falling when I use others but with this shampoo my hair gets much better.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love love love! Usually hate treseme but this is so good! I have dry bleached hair and this works so great! I use along with conditioner and heat protectant spray. The price is awesome

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I love this conditioner! Use it in conjunction with the conditioner and its a combo that works very well for my hair. I always get compliments on how healthy my hair looks. This shampoo does not fade my hair dye as I have dyed hair and I have noticed less fallout and less hair breakage as compared to other shampoos. I think it is because it detangles my tresses and prevents pulling during washing. It also cleans my scalp very well though I still use a purifying shampoo once a week. I also realized that it somewhat moisturizes my hair as well and keep it soft when use with the conditioner.

Just some background of my hair, its shoulder length and dyed a medium brown. I dye my roots every 8 weeks as it grows out and redye my hair every six months as the color fades. I always get them done at the salon. I never heat style my hair at all, I typically leave my hair to dry naturally and I wash my hair everyday. Treatment wise, I apply coconut oil to the ends of my hair every night and do a DIY deep treatment conditioner mask once every 2 weeks.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I love this stuff! I use the shampoo, conditioner and serum in this line and it has made my hair noticeably smoother, softer and less frizzy. I buy the pack of 32oz bottles (shampoo and conditioner) with pumps at Sam's club for $10 or so and they last forever. The serum I get at Walmart or shoprite and I first got it because it was the most affordable serum and I continue to buy it because it's working wonders in my hair. If you have dry, frizzy hair, this is the product for you!

I have ombre hair so its very dry and brittle.. I been using this shampoo and conditioner for about a month and i have notice a difference in my hair its smoother and softer after i been using it plus the smell is great and your hair still smell like it. I just wished it had a pump since its a big bottle 32oz at least the ones i get

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I wanted to like this shampoo but I can't. I wash my hair every other day and this made my hair much oiler than normal on day two. It seems to leave a residue on the roots/scalp that causes some itching too. It also made my hair look frizzier than usual. But the worst part was that I lost a good bit of hair in the shower while using this. No other shampoo I've used lately has caused that much hair loss. This wasn't a good product for me.

The only positive thing I can think of this product is, it smells nice. But it also made my scalp itch something awful and that never happens to me. I also think it made my brown colored treated hair fade. It's definitely not something I would purchase again.