September 21, 2014 | 2112 users online

Liquid - Yves Rocher - Pure Light

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2014 11:54:00 PM More reviews by mnich

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use this foundation in the summer or when I only need light coverage. It runs lighter than the other Yves Rocher foundations, I find. I do find myselff reaching for this foundation more often; it does not feel heavy, though it does not blur the fine lines or wrinkles as well as the Yves replumping serum foundation, and the coverage sometimes is not enough so I have to reapply.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 8:29:00 PM More reviews by Lorraine6

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This makeup provides a light, luminous finish. I find a full squirt gives me too much foundation so I just use half a pump and build up where I need a little more coverage. Gives a very natural look.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 9:58:00 AM More reviews by jillbarry

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great lightweight foundation. for the no make up makeup look. I found it while on vacation in St. Maarten and wandered into the Yves Rocher store because it looked interesting-and have been on a quest to find one that works for everyday use. Per a previous reviewer it is a bit runny, but not to the product's detriment. I'm fairly lazy when it comes to my everyday look so I prefer products that get the job done efficiently and for not a lot of $$$.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2013 12:42:00 PM More reviews by annieherdez

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. I have used a whole bottle before reviewing and I can say is one of the best foundations I've used.

I have very oily skin but nowadays I prefer using foundations that provide a natural finish instead of the matte ones I used to prefer. The reason is because I'm over 40 and my undereye area has become very dry even if my t-zone is super oily and my cheeks are slightly oily. If I use a matte finish I look tired and older than 40.

This foundation doesn't control oil at all, if you are very oily like myself you will have to blot with the same frequency as if you are not wearing any foundation, but the finish you'll get from this is amazing! Is definitely a second skin, it doesn't look like you are wearing anything, it's light to medium coverage but you can layer up using a light hand each time you put a layer of foundation. You can cover redness and scarring without looking cakey. This foundation doesn't make pores visible and I have huge pores on the sides of my nose.

After application I set this foundation with my Guerlain Perles du Dragon Meteorites and my face look radiant and fresh! during the day I blot (the blotting paper doesn't show a color residue, meaning that the pigmentation stays on your skin) and then I use Rimmel's Stay Matte Pressed Powder to prolong the wear.

The only drawback may be the availability of shades, Yves Rocher is not known for offering a wide range of shades but if you can mix different shades or if you find a match within the existing ones you won't regret getting this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2013 5:39:00 PM More reviews by sstahlberg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been running through different brands of high end department store foundations for the past few years, and I have been satisfied with most, namely Clarins Everlasting Foundation, Lancome's Teint Idol, Clinique's Even Better Makeup. However, I always think to myself how it would be nice to find a foundation of the same caliber for a better price. Having tried many drug store brands of foundation in the past also, I know that when it comes to flawless looking skin that lasts all day, department store brands really do make a difference. I do shop at Yves Rocher regularly for skin products, and occasionally makeup too, but having been disappointed with their mascaras, I figured I would stick to department store brands for mascara and foundation (the two most important products, for myself). However, the other day when shopping at Yves Rocher, I had my promotion card that they had sent me, and I had two products of my choice half price, so I decided that it was worth the gamble to try out one of their foundations since it was only 13.50$ (reg. 27$). Well I am really glad I did because I think this foundation is definitely in the same league as the previous foundations I've used recently, for a fraction of the price. It goes on smoothly, it is a little bit thinner than what I'm used to, but it gives great coverage (if you are looking for very high coverage you might not find it to be enough) and a nice soft finish, so it's not a problem. I would even pay 27$ for it (still quite cheaper than the 40+ I paid for Clarins and Lancome), but as an Yves Rocher regular, I am always getting promotional cards for 50% off products, so I will probably always be able to get it half price. Great value. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2013 12:26:00 PM More reviews by mndjohn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a big fan of the second skin look, this foundation does that. If you're looking for light coverage, luminous finish then this one will do. It's quite runny, once you put it on the skin, it blends nicely, making your face look even and natural. The coverage being light, this won't do much if you have major skins problems. The shade selection is fine and goes from fair skin to dark skins. My only issue with this is the smell but it disappears after a while. Overall I like the product

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by Vanille9

this is my first review on makeupalley and i hope it will be helpful for you. :) i am usually using high end foundations but i have to say that this one is much better than for example diorskin nude or chanel vitalumiere aqua. And im a big fan of "no makeup" makeup.
the coverage is light to medium, but enough for most girls with some acne or red spots... and you can create layers if you want to have porcelain doll skin.
the scent is very lovely, smells naturally and fresh, but best possibility would be no fragrance.
it lasts quite long, around 4-5 hours without touchups in my T-zone...
if i compare it with diorskin nude i used before, i have to say that this YR foundation is more moisturizing and i think it gives you better "nude" effect if you look for very natural finish. it is not too dewy and not too matte, it has no parabens and other irritating chemicals, so it doesnt break me out (like most foundations)...
I think the range of shades is quite wide so there is no problem to choose the right one. It is maybe my HG now. I dont know if i had something better for this price. :)
So ladies, I wish you good luck in your hunting for HG foundation and I hope that my first review on makeupalley is helpful.
P.S. Sorry for my english. :)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2013 8:03:00 AM More reviews by Amie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

this is putting my revlon photoready to shame. wasnt expecting miracles, but i have to say this is nearing HG status for me. it covers everything, i even have a very dark red/purple discolouration on my face and i needed minimal concealer over it after using this, i literally put no concealer anywhere else on my face! unheard of, even with the photoready i needed extra concealer in certain spots. this has a light fragrance, but it wasnt unpleasant and does dissapear, also i am highly sensitive to fragrance and it didnt make my skin itch or burn.
i am a nc20-25 and i am using 200 Beige Fair with near perfect results,i could even go up one shade and i still think it will blend beautifully. not too pink, not too yellow, just perfectly neutral. i also am using the Cargo blue ray primer, and powder and everything has set perfectly, 9 hours in and i still look like i just applied it but it has melted into my skin and looks flawless. i literally did not touch my makeup up once during the day and the only fading i noticed was on a small patch on my forehead which i recalled brushing against something so i would have moved a bit anyway, BUT i had to look really close in the mirror to notice it. Also even though i lean twords the larger pore group, something which even the Cargo primer doesnt fix 100% this still didnt emphasise my pores, they looked teeny, and the few ice pick pores i have were totally un-noticable. i normally dont get too excitied about foundation, i find it a frustrating and often tedious task to find one i like and stick with, but i am more than pleasantly surprised with this one. its also less glittery then the photoready AND photographs nicely, no whitish cast etc. price is reasonable i feel for the quality, and the amount you need to use. this is also buildable without being cakey, i tried an application where i used my stippling brush and added 3 layers, then powder, no creasing at all, still melted into my skin and looked perfect. there may be a diff in the summer if it gets humid, but for now its just right. pricing is around £20 for a pump bottle, but this is on sale at the mo for £10, totally worth every penny.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No