April 20, 2014 | 1917 users online

Skincare - Face - Dr. Bronner's - Dr.Bronners Tea Tree Soap

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 1:05:00 PM More reviews by SamaelsMom

I love dr bronners. So much that I wrote ralph bronner and praised him for his fathers works. Now we talk on the phone and send eachother pictures via snail mail. Anyway...
this soap is too drying for my face, but its great for many other things.
I have used dr. bronners over 10 years. Tea tree is especially helpful for abrasions and cuts. I have stretched ears, when they get upset and crunchy I wash them with dr. bronners tea tree. Thats it, heal in 3 days tops. I also use tea tree dr. b for cleaning. When I drop a few drops of it in water, shake, itll clean up any kitchen mess. if it leaves residue, wet a rag or paper towel with vinegar. But never mix soap and vinegar! Its a mess.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 4:04:00 PM More reviews by LaconapaintstheWorld

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Check this out
I brush my teeth
W It.!
After realizing my flouride
Toothpaste was the reason for my malaise,
Tired constantly.. etc.
I switched to using natural soap
Y wanna see what ur made of,
Try soaping your very own mouth.(behave!
Or I'll wash your mouth out w soap)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 2:20:00 AM More reviews by staci01

I've been using Dr. Bronner's products since 2007 and can never be without it. The liquid soap has so many uses and it saves a lot of money in the long run. We got a large jug of this last January and we have about 1/3rd left. I use this for many things from the shower to laundry to cleaning the counters and my pets. Here's a list of what I use it for:

Handsoap : three TBS of the Dr. B's soap, 1 TBS of olive oil, 8-10 drops of tea tree essential oil. I add this to a air pump soap dispenser and shake well before each use. The olive oil keeps my skin from drying out as the soap can be very drying on the skin after awhile.

Shampoo : 1/4 c soap, 1 TBS olive oil, 1 c water - I put this all in a plastic bottle and shake before each use. Apply 1-2 tsp to hair. ( Adding a natural oil will keep your hair from getting that dreaded waxy rats nest hair you get from using Dr. B's soap straight.) To get the soap residue out of your hair, the soap is famous for that squeaky residue, you'll need something acidic to cut the soap and rinse it out of your hair. You can do this by adding 1 TBS lemon juice to a cup of water or 1 TBS vinegar (I prefer the white vinegar) and pour it over your scalp in the shower. You can also add more water and lemon or vinegar to a spray bottle and spritz it on for more control as this will keep it from pouring into your eyes accidentally. Your hair will come out smooth and glossy. Don't worry about your hair smelling like vinegar as the odor will fade on it's own as your hair dries.

Pet wash - Mix a little with some baking soda and wash yer pup! Rinse well.

Counter spray/wash - 1/4 c of soap to 3 c water and 10 drops tea tree essential oil. Pour into a spray bottle and shake before each use.

There is a list of uses on Dr. B's site, under Lisa Bronner's blog, that is really helpful. She posted a use chart last fall and it's so great that they finally did that. No more guessing and being a guinea pig! She has a recipe for HE washers too! Great stuff!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2012 6:56:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this because my piercer recommended it for cleaning a new piercing (I was informed that you can also use the lavender, hemp and unscented versions, but NOT the peppermint version of this soap for cleaning piercings). It's pretty watery but you only need a little bit. I ended up also using this as my shower gel, and I enjoy it a lot. I'll definitely repurchase this or try another scent

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2012 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Yosemitesam

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Grey

NOT FOR ACNE! I really want to like this soap as a cleanser for my oily, acne-prone skin. Essential and organic oils are usually too big to fit into pores and cause a problem, but this soap made my acne worse. Dr. Bronner's soaps are incredible as a body wash and hand soap, and I will buy the liquid castile soap as long as it is available. This stuff just isn't right for my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2012 10:40:00 AM More reviews by icedpinkvega

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Everytime i look at my Dr.Brooners's soap i'll say "i love it! i'm so glad i convert!"
A little goes a long way, the smells refreshing, and it's god for me from top to toe. Of course i will buy it again, this will be my only face,body,hand soap, shampoo, and even for feminine hygiene. Totally recommended.
Will try another scents also.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 10:04:00 AM More reviews by zee81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been struggling with bacne this summer and I decided to try this soap on a whim to see if there would be any improvement. I am glad that I did! I didn't notice too much change up until the second week of using this soap but nonethmess, my skin is on the mend. I use a quarter sized amount on a Salux cloth and thats more than enough for my entire body. I like the fact thst the soap rinses clean, and a very small amount goes a long way. I have also used this soap in a pinch for cleaning around the house. This is a great multi purpose product that should be a staple in everyones home.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2012 9:20:00 PM More reviews by geideja

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

After years of struggling to find the perfect facial cleanser. Most of them always make my skin itchy or nasty breakout. Finally, I've found my holy grail facial cleanser! I've been using it for three months - only every morning. It keeps under control with excessive oil production and less breakouts. I've been using it for three months and haven't had a big zit yet.

I don't use it straight from the bottle because it is too harsh for my facial skin. The bottle is three times more concentrated than regular liquid soaps. I wet my hands then I take only one drop of it and lather it up. I rub it gently on my face and I also massage for a little bit then clean it off with tepid water. It is very effective than all drugstore cleansers and dirt cheap too.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2012 1:43:00 AM More reviews by Mellieb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have very oily/acne prone skin and love the Dr. Bonner's tea tree as a face and body wash. I do use this directly from the bottle without any dilution.

An added bonus I discovered by accident is that it helps with the ingrown hair on my legs due to epilating. What I do is use the Dr. Bronner's (no dilution) on my legs like a body wash. I will then lightly use a Mr. Pumice bar (the light purple one) on my legs. Be sure your legs are either submurged in water while using the bar or directly under running water or it will be too scratchy. Long story short, my ingrowns have pretty much disappeared and it's because of the Dr. Bronners. I know this because I was using the pumice bar before I started using Dr. B and didn't have the same results.

So if you suffer from ingrown hair I highly suggest you try the Dr. Bronner's tea tree as well as exfoliating.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2012 1:20:00 AM More reviews by minimalisto

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I want to be into tea tree, but I'm just not. It smells too medicinal for me. I tend towards dry skin, and tea tree is good for oily skin, so no loss. The smell is too astringent for me to want to use as an all-purpose cleaner either. The only dr bronners I wouldn't buy again.