November 27, 2014 | 1591 users online

Skincare - Face - Dr. Bronner's - Dr.Bronners Tea Tree Soap

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2014 11:06:00 PM More reviews by postmoderngirl

i love this stuff! i bought the bar soap so i could use it on an exfoliating body wrap on my back. when i cut out dairy my acne cleared up (on my face) but my back still had break outs. this has totally cleared them up! it leaves my back feeling a bit tight / dry, so i just make sure to moisturize afterwards. i also use the baby version of the bar to clean my makeup sponges.. it's the best.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by charmed83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually first started using the Lavender scented version of this soap for my face, and used the Tea Tree version to clean my makeup brushes. I love these soaps. My skin never looked so good. It doesn't prevent me from ever having a pimple (nothing will) but it dries up the whiteheads fairly quickly, and help bring my cystic pimples to the surface sooner as well.

I find that it removes my makeup pretty well except for my waterproof mascara, I usually use olive oil or an eye makeup remover to break that down before cleansing my face.

This soap can be drying but for me, applying some moisturizer does the trick. If you are prone to dry skin then you may want to start by using this product once a day to see how your skin handles it. I use it at night, and my Aveeno moisturizing bar in the morning. Best thing is how much you get. These bottles are huge! The fact that I found a product that works for my acne-prone face and will last a long time makes me a happy customer.

I will use about a half teaspoon in a container full of hot water (I use a recycled margarine container) and I will dunk my brushes into the container to get them soaked and swirl the brushes in the palm of my hand to loosen the makeup from the brush hairs. Then rinse until the water runs clear. I love multipurpose products and this is at the top of my "favorites" list!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 12:30:00 PM More reviews by kurlykayy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I stumbled upon this when searching for reviews on the almond version as a body wash. I read a lot of positive reviews about the tree soap version on acne.org and a testimony on Lisa Bronner's site. I have suffered from severe acne for a little over a decade now and have tried every concoction, drugstore product, high-end product, spa product, treatment, the clarisonic, the PMD, and every prescription except for Accutane. So when I say I've dealt with acne I'm not like the others who get 3 bumps a month during their period claiming to have acne-prone skin. It has been less than a week of using this soap and I am floored by my results so far.

I use about 3 drops with water, morning and night and it can be a bit drying. The first day I was peeling like crazy, but I think my skin is getting used to it. This gets me really clean and removes all my makeup. I have quite a bit of discoloration on my face from acne scars and it has improved tremendously. I can't attribute everything solely to this soap because I am also using prescription topicals from my dermatologist, but believe it has done more for me in 2 days than these prescriptions have done in 2 months.

I never thought that something all-natural would be this effective and I hope this continues to be the answer to my prayers. I would like to try the lavender and coconut lotion as a moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2014 4:28:00 PM More reviews by racheldee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My skin is extremely sensitive and blemish-prone.
I was hesitant to try because using coconut oil on my face as moisturizer broke me out before. I think because this is a soap, it is different - it hasn't broke me out, at least. It is healing up my acne and clearing my pores.
I use the bar soap in the evening and it takes off everything and my face feels clean but not tight. In the morning after my shower all I use is an apple cider vinegar + witch hazel toner - using this soap twice a day may be too drying.
I used some grapeseed oil after the tea tree soap at first, but eventually I didn't even need moisturizer. I really hope one day this soap will make my skin perfect! For now, I still have blemishes.. but I only have been doing this method for a few weeks. Try it!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 1:05:00 PM More reviews by SamaelsMom

I love dr bronners. So much that I wrote ralph bronner and praised him for his fathers works. Now we talk on the phone and send eachother pictures via snail mail. Anyway...
this soap is too drying for my face, but its great for many other things.
I have used dr. bronners over 10 years. Tea tree is especially helpful for abrasions and cuts. I have stretched ears, when they get upset and crunchy I wash them with dr. bronners tea tree. Thats it, heal in 3 days tops. I also use tea tree dr. b for cleaning. When I drop a few drops of it in water, shake, itll clean up any kitchen mess. if it leaves residue, wet a rag or paper towel with vinegar. But never mix soap and vinegar! Its a mess.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 4:04:00 PM More reviews by LaconapaintstheWorld

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Check this out
I brush my teeth
W It.!
After realizing my flouride
Toothpaste was the reason for my malaise,
Tired constantly.. etc.
I switched to using natural soap
Y wanna see what ur made of,
Try soaping your very own mouth.(behave!
Or I'll wash your mouth out w soap)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 2:20:00 AM More reviews by staci01

I've been using Dr. Bronner's products since 2007 and can never be without it. The liquid soap has so many uses and it saves a lot of money in the long run. We got a large jug of this last January and we have about 1/3rd left. I use this for many things from the shower to laundry to cleaning the counters and my pets. Here's a list of what I use it for:

Handsoap : three TBS of the Dr. B's soap, 1 TBS of olive oil, 8-10 drops of tea tree essential oil. I add this to a air pump soap dispenser and shake well before each use. The olive oil keeps my skin from drying out as the soap can be very drying on the skin after awhile.

Shampoo : 1/4 c soap, 1 TBS olive oil, 1 c water - I put this all in a plastic bottle and shake before each use. Apply 1-2 tsp to hair. ( Adding a natural oil will keep your hair from getting that dreaded waxy rats nest hair you get from using Dr. B's soap straight.) To get the soap residue out of your hair, the soap is famous for that squeaky residue, you'll need something acidic to cut the soap and rinse it out of your hair. You can do this by adding 1 TBS lemon juice to a cup of water or 1 TBS vinegar (I prefer the white vinegar) and pour it over your scalp in the shower. You can also add more water and lemon or vinegar to a spray bottle and spritz it on for more control as this will keep it from pouring into your eyes accidentally. Your hair will come out smooth and glossy. Don't worry about your hair smelling like vinegar as the odor will fade on it's own as your hair dries.

Pet wash - Mix a little with some baking soda and wash yer pup! Rinse well.

Counter spray/wash - 1/4 c of soap to 3 c water and 10 drops tea tree essential oil. Pour into a spray bottle and shake before each use.

There is a list of uses on Dr. B's site, under Lisa Bronner's blog, that is really helpful. She posted a use chart last fall and it's so great that they finally did that. No more guessing and being a guinea pig! She has a recipe for HE washers too! Great stuff!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2012 6:56:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I bought this because my piercer recommended it for cleaning a new piercing (I was informed that you can also use the lavender, hemp and unscented versions, but NOT the peppermint version of this soap for cleaning piercings). It's pretty watery but you only need a little bit. I ended up also using this as my shower gel, and I enjoy it a lot. I'll definitely repurchase this or try another scent

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2012 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Yosemitesam

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Grey

NOT FOR ACNE! I really want to like this soap as a cleanser for my oily, acne-prone skin. Essential and organic oils are usually too big to fit into pores and cause a problem, but this soap made my acne worse. Dr. Bronner's soaps are incredible as a body wash and hand soap, and I will buy the liquid castile soap as long as it is available. This stuff just isn't right for my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2012 10:40:00 AM More reviews by icedpinkvega

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Everytime i look at my Dr.Brooners's soap i'll say "i love it! i'm so glad i convert!"
A little goes a long way, the smells refreshing, and it's god for me from top to toe. Of course i will buy it again, this will be my only face,body,hand soap, shampoo, and even for feminine hygiene. Totally recommended.
Will try another scents also.