December 19, 2014 | 877 users online

Eyeliner - Laura Mercier - Creme Eyeliner

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2014 3:52:00 PM More reviews by shriekingviolet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I picked up this liner in Canard about a month ago and was so thrilled with it, that I immediately ran out to pick another one up in Violet. Sadly, I'm a little less enthusiastic about that one. Canard is *perfect.* Not only is it a lovely matte dark teal (which is surprisingly wearable, even if you're not a fan of bold makeup!), the texture is a dream to work with. It's creamy without being messy, goes on perfectly opaque with just one swipe, glides on smoothly and delivers a crisp clean line. And it wears all day long without smearing or smudging! But Violet? Eh it takes a little more work. It has a much softer, almost goopy, texture than Canard. It goes on semi-sheer/semi-opaque, and slides around during application. Once it sets it's fine, no smudging or smearing and lasts as long as Canard, but it's much harder to get a thin crisp line with it and I find myself needing to do a lot clean up when I use it.

I'm interested in getting other shades of this (have my eye on cobalt!), but only if they're more like Canard than Violet.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2014 6:43:00 PM More reviews by katemvirginia

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love these!!!! Great quality & don't seem to dry out! I love the color selection & how easy they are to apply. Good quality jars & products. I'm shocked these aren't raved about more on MUA.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 8:50:00 AM More reviews by Kfunk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

My new favorite eyeliner! I am usually a liquid eyeliner girl. I've tried gel eyeliners in the past and did not like how they applied. This one is a creme though and applies SO smoothly. It's more wet than a gel liner but dries to a matte finish that does not budge. I bought the Cobalt blue shade but I will definitely be purchasing more colors.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2013 8:35:00 AM More reviews by jessimon

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First eyeliner that has long staying power and great colour payoff for me. I've tried pencils, gels, other cremes - a myriad of brands (Mac, Bobbi Brown, Shiseido, Chanel, YSL, Covergirl, Rimmel, etc.) but none lasted more than a couple of hours before fading, melting or settling into fine lines under my eyes - not a good look! Laura Mercier's creme eyeliner is easy to apply using a fine brush (I tightline both above and below my eye) and dries quickly. It stays put all day (no touch ups needed) and removes easily with a sensitive skin makeup wipe. It's also easy to apply for a winged/cat eye look.
I usually buy all my makeup on Strawberrynet but they didn't have this product, so I purchased the Espresso and Violet for full price from the local department store because this eyeliner is _that_ good. I've used the Espresso more than the Violet as it emphasises my eyes while also giving a more natural look (prefer this right now). It has probably saved me a ton of money, as my search for the no-budge, easily applied eyeliner is over. Highly recommended!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2013 6:43:00 AM More reviews by tmchichi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I actually only use this on my lower waterline. Love the consistency and pigment and the fact that it's waterproof. For me, I still use a waterproof pencil under this to extend the life of it since I use eyedrops throughout the day and no waterproof liner is waterproof enough for my waterline. Honestly, it doesn't stay all day on my outer corners, but it doesn't smear. I actually don't know where it goes because I don't feel it in my eyes either -.-;;

Bottom line, I don't feel the need to spend money on other liners as I'm quite happy with this one and would repurchase it when what seems to be a long lasting jar runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2013 4:34:00 PM More reviews by GentleReader

Absolutely stunning violet color that makes my green eyes pop without screaming "purple eyeliner". I use it to tightline my upper and lower lashline, and I couldn't be happier with this eyeliner! After searching for a long time and spending a fair amount of $$, I've finally found my HG purple e/l. :)

Amazing staying power (I teach hot yoga, so I should know!), very easy to apply, and a true violet color that's not too blue or red. Awesome as tightliner for a subtle, daytime look. Easily built up into a thicker, more dramatic line for night with excellent color payoff. Worth every penny!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2013 10:40:00 AM More reviews by violetmist

As others have stated this is not a gel eyeliner and as such it performs superbly. It is more liquid but creamy and that makes application a lot easier and it looks better than gel liners. I mainly use Bobbi Brown gel liners for the colours but they do appear heavy and gunky, likely to crack and overall don't look nice. This is a new generation and a great product. I have it in Canard which is a real grown up deep teal with a nice balance of blue to green. It is easy to wear so it won't look garish ever but will look particularly nice and tropical without going over the top on a hot summer's day. Yes day - this is not a "night only" shade. I will be purchasing more colours since I am so pleased with this product.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 7:50:00 AM More reviews by shelly5858

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this eyeliner. I bought the violet. I did not need it as I had just bought a Bb gel eyeliner. But, once I tried it in the store I could not resist. Goes on like a dream. Soft, easy to work with. Color is beautiful, like a soft blackish violet. Doesn't feel like a tub of mascara lie some other gels do. So easy to work with. and lasts all day but still comes off easily with remover. Loved it so much, I had to buy the Noir even though I have bb in black! Now, thinking if I should go buy another!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2013 11:49:00 AM More reviews by dkitaen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best creme/gel liner that I have used and I have used them all. It is a smooth wet consistenancy almost like liquid liner in creme form in a jar. It goes on beautifully and stays on all day. I can't rave enough about this.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 2:20:00 AM More reviews by hybridlola

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Superb gel eyeliner that rivals other HE products I have tried. Formula and colour (Canard) are a dream. I will repurchase Canard when the time comes and will definitely pick up other shades.

FORMULA
The formula is a gel cream that is quite moist, creating a nice smooth consistency to work with. The texture is much softer than BB gel liners, which I find rather dry even when new. The consistency reminds me of some MAC fluidlines I have owned, but perhaps more gel-like. Pigmentation is excellent and intensity can be achieved without having to build up the product. The finish has a slight sheen to it when swatched, particularly the black. In the shade Canard I find the sheen barely visible on the eye, although I think it helps to give the turquoise a softer look.

APPLICATION
A thin eyeliner brush is needed due to the wetness of the product. I first picked up the LM tightliner brush to try a tightline, but found the brush too thick and product too wet to tightliner with. This was my first try though, so I am sure the product can work well for tightlining with some practice. I found the BB eyeliner brush worked very well for my first try. I applied a thin line on the top and brushed a tiny amount of product on the lower lash line with the point of the brush to add tinge of colour. Once finished the application, I tried to smudge the line slightly but it wouldn't budge. I sometimes like to blend my gel liner slightly to soften the look. It seems as though I waited too long to smudge, as the liner sets quite quickly.

WEARABILITY
Once the liner set it didn't move or fade at all. I wore it for over twelve hours and it looked just as fresh at the end of the day as when I applied it. Best staying power of any gel liner I have tried!

COLOUR (CANARD)
Absolutely stunning! A gorgeous medium-dark teal shade that is intense yet very wearable for daytime. It evokes images of the Mediterranean Sea. The shade really makes my hazel eyes sparkle, though I imagine it would look beautiful with all eye colours. A unique and very flattering look that can be rather subtle if worn as the central focus with neutral makeup or as a beautiful compliment to a more dramatic evening look.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No