September 20, 2014 | 908 users online

Moisturizers - Burt's Bees - Intense Hydration day lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 5:11:00 PM More reviews by nevroth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this sooner, I'm on my like...4th bottle. This is my daily facial cream. If I'm not careful, I can be Miss Greasy Face, but by some miraculous discovery, this "intense hydration" is gentle enough to NOT make my face feel or look greasy, even in the summer. In fact, I remember when I started using this, but I couldn't believe that my face was evening out. Must be those natural ingredients. And the smell, OMG I LOVE IT. Maybe because I apply this right after the shower/washing my face and my skin is still humid, I've never had a problem smoothing it on (or maybe I just don't notice things like that). I also don't have a problem applying liquid foundation either. My face never feels cakey, or heavy, or greasy and it really does moisturize. I pair it when the night creme in the same line in the winter if needed, but honestly, this alone keeps my face from being dry.

The pump is a neat touch, very sanitary, and though I'm weary that there may be leftover product hidden somewhere, I've never tore it apart to try. This is my HG facial moisturizer, and I've learned by now that "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" to ever try a different one.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2014 12:17:00 PM More reviews by vuvie

This is absolutely wonderful for dry skin or winter dryness. But if I am experiencing the dryness, I will go with the Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Night Cream and apply it for day. I don't like having too many products as I don't see the day cream being any less thick than the night cream.

Fantastic product line for dry flaky skin though.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2014 11:17:00 PM More reviews by judychien

Very disappointing. It doesn't absorb into the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2014 3:52:00 PM More reviews by makeupavatar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is one of the best moisturizers I've ever tried. It is rich and hydrates dry winter skin, but absorbs quickly and leaves the face smooth and matte! Plus it smells wonderful. Perfection.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2013 2:34:00 PM More reviews by danchung811

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Being over 40, my skin is drier now, and I've used all from dirt cheap to $200+ from Estee Lauder, and I can say this is a lot better. No greasy feeling at all. It is quite thick and needs some time to be absorbed before you put makeup on. But once absorbed, very nice and comfortable. You just gotta try this. I love the pump type container too. Given what it is, the price is in fact cheap, I would say. Taking one lippie off because a little too think, but, if you live a a harsh winter area, you will in fact like this aspect.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2013 3:59:00 AM More reviews by jmac1107

TERRIBLE! Not only did it not moisturize my dry (due to Canadian winter) face but it made it very blotchy and broke me out. I am not someone who typically breaks out (before using this cream I could count on one hand the number of pimples I've had) but after using this cream my forehead is covered with bumps/pimples and is also very red.
The consistency of this product is exactly what another reviewer has said...like sunscreen. It does not spread across your face very well and doesn't soak in either (it just sits on top like thick layer of greasy goop).

THE ONLY PRO out of all of the cons is the packaging, I do like the pump. For CAD $30 I was very disappointing to say the least.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by paulineann97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I LOVE THIS MOISTURIZER!!! I have recently been prescribed acne cream that made my very oily skin become very very dry. i went to the store and saw this and man is it a life saver. made my skin 75% more hydrated after one night with it on and it works amazing. i use it also on my legs after i shave and any dry skin i have. it's freaking great and not irritating at all. i love how it's "heavy duty" too, the tube of it develops little cracks and holes after a while but not really a bother.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2013 10:10:00 AM More reviews by LaOreja

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this day cream, the smell is quite strong but pleasant and fresh. The pot has a pump which is hygienic and easy to use. The cream itself is fairly rich and thick, but makes my dry skin feel moisturised and comfortable. It seems to absorb well but I find it best to leave it for 5-10 minutes to settle before applying makeup. Impressive that it is nearly all natural ingredients and works well as a day cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 11:36:00 PM More reviews by heesoo0811

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In a word, my HG moisturizer. Period. I've tried tons of different products from cheap to expensive, and I concluded that a moisturizer may help your skin from drying out, but NOTHING literally "moisturizes" (adds hydration to) your skin. However, this is the only exception I've found so far. At first, it felt heavy and sticky. It does NOT smoothly "melt" into your skin. So, if you apply something right after this, this might rub off. But once it is absorbed, your skin actually felt "moisturized." I use this as a night cream too; I just put a LOT on my skin, and it is euphoria to see and feel my skin the next day. I've suffered extreme dryness and itchiness for over a year, and I finally found a huge "help". I've been using this for several days by now. Over time, I hope this will turn out to be the "solution" to my year old skin agony.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by amysweeps82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

All year 'round, I have generally oily, occasionally acne-prone skin.... except for in the winter. Winter has my skin EXTREMELY dried out. My makeup cakes to my dry patches no matter what type of foundation I use (liquid, powder, expensive, inexpensive... I've tried them all). After having tried FIVE different so-called "intensive" moisturizers of different price points, I was frustrated & about to give up. I saw the reviews for this product & decided to give it a try. There were only two reviews, so I was hesitant but the reviews were glowing enough that I thought it was worth it. I found a coupon on coupons.com for $3 off of this product & ran to Ulta. Let me tell you... this product cost me $14 with the coupon, which to me is "middle of the road." Totally worth it. After only one use, my dryness was better. After two uses, my skin is HEALED. It's soft & smooth & my makeup no longer cakes to it. No more lizard lady. I am a believer. One thing I will add is that for me, I can tell that this product would cause seriously oily skin in the warmer months... & potential acne. It is VERY thick & doesn't just soak right into your skin. When I first put it on, I noticed that my skin felt really sticky & gross. After about 3 minutes that feeling went away and the product absorbed, leaving a super soft foundation for my makeup. AMAZING!