Burt's Bees Intense Hydration day lotion

3.9

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

I'm always on the lookout for a good moisturiser that doesn't test on animals, contain parabens or contain phtalates. I've found a new favourite with this one.

I have combo skin that gets dehydrated in winter, so I need something very hydrating but that doesn't leave an oily finish. This is it! It has a thick but light consistency that sits on your skin at first, but then after rubbing in a minute sinks in and leaves a soft matte finish. Perfect for daytime under makeup. A half pump does the face, a full pump will do the neck as well.

The only semi-con for me is the strong cucumber smell. It only bothers me a little, but if you're sensitive to perfumes then proceed with caution.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

The hydration from this intense hydration day lotion isn't really intense. It is for normal to dry skin types but not very dry skin. It does not feel like it absorbs onto the skin. The fragrance of this product is way too strong ( fragrance is listed as the 7th ingredient). It is just an average moisturizing cream. Products I like better are Andalou Naturals Resveratrol and Coq10 lotion. Rodial Dragon's blood hyaluronic acid cream, Simple Replensihing Rich moisturizing lotion, and Dr Schelle Pomegranate night cream.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I can count on one hand the number of products I've bought more than once, and this one just joined the ranks. I had insanely oily skin up until a few years ago, when I went on Retin-A for cystic acne. Retin-A worked miracles on the acne but transformed my skin from an oil well into a desert. I'd never had dry skin before so I didn't know what to do with it. My regular Olay with SPF wasn't cutting it. I actually used LUSH's Dream Cream on my face for a while (which worked surprisingly well) but then I discovered Burt's Intense Hydration Day Lotion. It's made such a huge difference. My skin actually FEELS moisturized all day long. If I put on foundation and discover a dry patch, I just set more of this moisturizer on top of it and mix it in with the foundation and it looks normal again. In the summer, when I don't need this as much, I use it as an eye cream. It's not the cheapest, but one bottle lasts me about a year. I only wish this had SPF in it.

I love the pump aspect, but that's about it. I was using different oils and my skin was very dry so I thought maybe this cream would help It has a slightly strong smell which isn't horrible but it's not great. The formula feels heavy and took a long time so sink in. Worst of all, it really broke my skin out. I decided to try hemp seed oil and I really recommend that over this product.

Don't get me wrong, it's good but not that good and I regret having paid the price for this. It's heavy, sits on top of the skin, doesn't really absorb, causing some pore blockages and now that I've gone to beauty oils I will never use another heavy face lotion again. It's okay if you have very dry skin I guess but if you have any type of oil production in your face, I recommend staying away because it didn't do much for dry patches on my cheeks anyways because of the lack of absorption, yay t-zone skin... lol.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this sooner, I'm on my like...4th bottle. This is my daily facial cream. If I'm not careful, I can be Miss Greasy Face, but by some miraculous discovery, this "intense hydration" is gentle enough to NOT make my face feel or look greasy, even in the summer. In fact, I remember when I started using this, but I couldn't believe that my face was evening out. Must be those natural ingredients. And the smell, OMG I LOVE IT. Maybe because I apply this right after the shower/washing my face and my skin is still humid, I've never had a problem smoothing it on (or maybe I just don't notice things like that). I also don't have a problem applying liquid foundation either. My face never feels cakey, or heavy, or greasy and it really does moisturize. I pair it when the night creme in the same line in the winter if needed, but honestly, this alone keeps my face from being dry.

The pump is a neat touch, very sanitary, and though I'm weary that there may be leftover product hidden somewhere, I've never tore it apart to try. This is my HG facial moisturizer, and I've learned by now that "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" to ever try a different one.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This is absolutely wonderful for dry skin or winter dryness. But if I am experiencing the dryness, I will go with the Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Night Cream and apply it for day. I don't like having too many products as I don't see the day cream being any less thick than the night cream.

Fantastic product line for dry flaky skin though.

Very disappointing. It doesn't absorb into the skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is one of the best moisturizers I've ever tried. It is rich and hydrates dry winter skin, but absorbs quickly and leaves the face smooth and matte! Plus it smells wonderful. Perfection.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Being over 40, my skin is drier now, and I've used all from dirt cheap to $200+ Estee Lauder, and I can say this is a lot better. No greasy feeling at all. It is quite thick and needs some time to be absorbed before you put makeup on. But once absorbed, very nice and comfortable. You just gotta try this. I love the pump type container too. Given what it is, the price is in fact cheap, I would say.