Burt's Bees Intense Hydration day lotion

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 12/30/2014 1:47:00 AM

I love the pump aspect, but that's about it. I was using different oils and my skin was very dry so I thought maybe this cream would help It has a slightly strong smell which isn't horrible but it's not great. The formula feels heavy and took a long time so sink in. Worst of all, it really broke my skin out. I decided to try hemp seed oil and I really recommend that over this product.

on 12/29/2014 7:38:00 AM

Don't get me wrong, it's good but not that good and I regret having paid the price for this. It's heavy, sits on top of the skin, doesn't really absorb, causing some pore blockages and now that I've gone to beauty oils I will never use another heavy face lotion again. It's okay if you have very dry skin I guess but if you have any type of oil production in your face, I recommend staying away because it didn't do much for dry patches on my cheeks anyways because of the lack of absorption, yay t-zone skin... lol.

on 7/12/2014 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this sooner, I'm on my like...4th bottle. This is my daily facial cream. If I'm not careful, I can be Miss Greasy Face, but by some miraculous discovery, this "intense hydration" is gentle enough to NOT make my face feel or look greasy, even in the summer. In fact, I remember when I started using this, but I couldn't believe that my face was evening out. Must be those natural ingredients. And the smell, OMG I LOVE IT. Maybe because I apply this right after the shower/washing my face and my skin is still humid, I've never had a problem smoothing it on (or maybe I just don't notice things like that). I also don't have a problem applying liquid foundation either. My face never feels cakey, or heavy, or greasy and it really does moisturize. I pair it when the night creme in the same line in the winter if needed, but honestly, this alone keeps my face from being dry.

The pump is a neat touch, very sanitary, and though I'm weary that there may be leftover product hidden somewhere, I've never tore it apart to try. This is my HG facial moisturizer, and I've learned by now that "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" to ever try a different one.

on 3/21/2014 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This is absolutely wonderful for dry skin or winter dryness. But if I am experiencing the dryness, I will go with the Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Night Cream and apply it for day. I don't like having too many products as I don't see the day cream being any less thick than the night cream.

Fantastic product line for dry flaky skin though.

on 2/9/2014 11:17:00 PM

Very disappointing. It doesn't absorb into the skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is one of the best moisturizers I've ever tried. It is rich and hydrates dry winter skin, but absorbs quickly and leaves the face smooth and matte! Plus it smells wonderful. Perfection.

on 12/3/2013 2:34:00 PM

Being over 40, my skin is drier now, and I've used all from dirt cheap to $200+ from Estee Lauder, and I can say this is a lot better. No greasy feeling at all. It is quite thick and needs some time to be absorbed before you put makeup on. But once absorbed, very nice and comfortable. You just gotta try this. I love the pump type container too. Given what it is, the price is in fact cheap, I would say. Taking one lippie off because a little too think, but, if you live a a harsh winter area, you will in fact like this aspect.

on 11/22/2013 3:59:00 AM

TERRIBLE! Not only did it not moisturize my dry (due to Canadian winter) face but it made it very blotchy and broke me out. I am not someone who typically breaks out (before using this cream I could count on one hand the number of pimples I've had) but after using this cream my forehead is covered with bumps/pimples and is also very red.
The consistency of this product is exactly what another reviewer has said...like sunscreen. It does not spread across your face very well and doesn't soak in either (it just sits on top like thick layer of greasy goop).

THE ONLY PRO out of all of the cons is the packaging, I do like the pump. For CAD $30 I was very disappointing to say the least.

on 7/29/2013 12:04:00 AM

I LOVE THIS MOISTURIZER!!! I have recently been prescribed acne cream that made my very oily skin become very very dry. i went to the store and saw this and man is it a life saver. made my skin 75% more hydrated after one night with it on and it works amazing. i use it also on my legs after i shave and any dry skin i have. it's freaking great and not irritating at all. i love how it's "heavy duty" too, the tube of it develops little cracks and holes after a while but not really a bother.

on 6/28/2013 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Love this day cream, the smell is quite strong but pleasant and fresh. The pot has a pump which is hygienic and easy to use. The cream itself is fairly rich and thick, but makes my dry skin feel moisturised and comfortable. It seems to absorb well but I find it best to leave it for 5-10 minutes to settle before applying makeup. Impressive that it is nearly all natural ingredients and works well as a day cream.