December 19, 2014 | 1579 users online

Styling Products - Redken - Curvaceous Ringlet

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2014 7:16:00 AM More reviews by ylingsbling

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the only serum that gives everlasting curls to my long naturally straight Asian hair. Goodbye curling iron and all the hurt you put on my hair! Either on soaking wet hair or half dry hair I give a 1-2 pumps coat ( long hair almost to waistline so you may need less if your shorter hair) and scrunch up a little like with a mousse and I do get ringlet like curls that LAST like nothing else. No hairspray needed. The curls get HUGE when it rains or I spray a little water on it to reactivate next day. Love love!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2014 8:29:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Fabulous, fabulous,FABULOUS! I have African American type III IV natural hair. There is one particular area of my hair that suffers from perennial frizziness. I don't know if it is because maybe I sleep on this part of my head most or what, I just know that I have been frustrated as all get out not having good curl definition here. Enter Ringlet. I picked up some trial sizes of the Curvaceous products from Ulta (thank goodness they have these!) and I'm pretty pleased with this particular line over all. But I am over the moon with this product. My hair consists of straw sized corkscrew curls and Ringlet defines them so beautifully, even that stubborn little frizzy area of my hair! It even adds shine. I will be RUNNING back to pick up a full-size.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2014 10:58:00 AM More reviews by SuziBarnes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have waist length, naturally curly, bleached blonde hair. I absolutely HATE the feel of any "product" in my hair when dry so I'm always searching for the next best thing to give my curls definition, without being crispy or sticky in any way. I discovered the old formula of this through MUA about 2 years ago & although I've bought many others in between (Paul Mitchell, Aveda, Fekkai, Bumble etc) I keep coming back to this. (I find the new formula to have exactly the same results as the old one, though I'm less keen on the slightly more "manly" fragrance of the new version). When I've washed my hair I wrap it in a towel just to absorb excess moisture for a few seconds, but still ensure my hair is wet (I find once hair is "towel dried" it's just too dry for the products to spread evenly & work their magic!) I always smooth an oil through my hair first (Organix at the mo, but Joico & The One 'n' Only argan oil are favorites, much better than Moroccan oil & a fraction of the cost). Then I smooth this through, from roots to tips. I don't use much, each squirt being about a 5p size & maybe use 6 squirts for my whole head of very long hair. Then just a quick scrunch to "boost" the curls & then leave to naturally air dry. The key is to be patient & wait until my hair is nearly totally dry before I even touch it. When it's at that stage (still the tiniest hint of damp, not bone dry) my hair does feel a little crispy & looks a little like an 80's wet gel perm, but then I do the magic bit.....! Just smooth the palms of my hands over the length my hair, which completely smooths away the crispy wet look & leaves me with stunning, beautifully defined, silky, shiny curls. I've tried various methods of styling my curls over the years, but this way leaves me with hair that causes random strangers to compliment it & ask where I've had it done"? It never fails to leave me with stunning curls that any top salon would envy. Will continue to re-purchase as every time I try something different (& don't get these results) I use this again & everythings back to perfect!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2014 7:01:00 PM More reviews by christiegardenia

I bought this a few years ago when i had cut my hair short (just above shoulder length). It gave my curls great definition and hold, so recently i cut my hair short again and decided to repurchase as the product I was using on my long hair wasn't suitable. I'm not sure if the formula has since changed but this did not really do anything for me. I had to lather it through my hair and it did not give me any great definition and definitely no hold. Though my hair was soft, it did make it weighted and greasy after a day or two. Unfortunately i am no longer impressed with this product and would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2014 12:31:00 PM More reviews by bubbles12345

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

My hair type is fine and this has transformed it from loose waves into much more tighter looking ringlets so it does reflect its name.
Only thing is the smell is a bit strong, but is worth putting up with.
Bought in Marbles for 17.50 or so. Worth it, but it does need a bit of gel or mousse to hold it for a few hours.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2014 6:53:00 PM More reviews by dierregi

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Being cursed with thick, curly hair I tried a billion products on the market trying to reduce humidity-induced frizziness. From the cheapest to the most expensive, so far nothing really worked.

Besides, my hair is also quite dry and this product, being a sort of gel did nothing against frizziness, felt very sticky and increased the dryness. It is also very expensive and I hated the round packaging.

Will never buy it again, although I am usually lucky with Redken products and most other products I used are decent / good quality.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 11:54:00 PM More reviews by tootswoots

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have quite coarse curly hair.. It needs product to have a lot of 'hold'. This product doesn't have it.. It might be very nice for a person with less wiry curls or even fine hair. I used it today and now that I'm home this evening. it looks like I didn't put any product in my hair this morning at all.. it's 'fuzzy' curls instead of defined.. Won't be using it again! Perhaps mix it with water for use in taming strays when i have my hair back.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2013 9:52:00 PM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is amazing! It brings out curl better than any product I've ever tried, it gave me curls I never knew I had. I applied it to wet hair by itself and air dried. I had actual "ringlets" when I usually just lave lazy loops. I do need a product on top for hold, I like to use Paul Mitchell Super Sculpt because it doesn't weigh my fine hair down. When my hair is dry I just scrunch out the crunch and my curls look awesome! It's taken me forever to figure out this curly air drying thing but I've finally found a combo that works.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2013 7:37:00 AM More reviews by ladypamela1

This is the BOMB! I have fine, straight , highlighted hair and this gives me some curl where nothing else has ever done much. I blow dry my long side swept bangs and half dry the bottom ends just to get some water out and apply this serum and let it air dry I get gorgeous wavy curls. I will purchase this for as long as they make this because I have never been able to get much body let alone wavy curls without heat styling.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2013 7:08:00 AM More reviews by Hotflashes

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Redken has monkeyed with this product for years and I've gone along with most of the iterations. This version smells quite strongly (Chi-ish, cologne-like) but the formulation is still great and I'll continue to go with the program. The scent doesn't last long. Gives me very soft, shiny curls every time. 3a/Botticelli just below collarbone.

ETA the scent of the Curvaceous line has grown on me. Reminds me of the old Garden Botanika Spa line a bit.