April 19, 2014 | 833 users online

Styling Products - Redken - Curvaceous Ringlet

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2014 6:53:00 PM More reviews by dierregi

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Being cursed with thick, curly hair I tried a billion products on the market trying to reduce humidity-induced frizziness. From the cheapest to the most expensive, so far nothing really worked.

Besides, my hair is also quite dry and this product, being a sort of gel did nothing against frizziness, felt very sticky and increased the dryness. It is also very expensive and I hated the round packaging.

Will never buy it again, although I am usually lucky with Redken products and most other products I used are decent / good quality.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 11:54:00 PM More reviews by tootswoots

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have quite coarse curly hair.. It needs product to have a lot of 'hold'. This product doesn't have it.. It might be very nice for a person with less wiry curls or even fine hair. I used it today and now that I'm home this evening. it looks like I didn't put any product in my hair this morning at all.. it's 'fuzzy' curls instead of defined.. Won't be using it again! Perhaps mix it with water for use in taming strays when i have my hair back.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2013 9:52:00 PM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is amazing! It brings out curl better than any product I've ever tried, it gave me curls I never knew I had. I applied it to wet hair by itself and air dried. I had actual "ringlets" when I usually just lave lazy loops. I do need a product on top for hold, I like to use Paul Mitchell Super Sculpt because it doesn't weigh my fine hair down. When my hair is dry I just scrunch out the crunch and my curls look awesome! It's taken me forever to figure out this curly air drying thing but I've finally found a combo that works.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2013 7:37:00 AM More reviews by ladypamela1

This is the BOMB! I have fine, straight , highlighted hair and this gives me some curl where nothing else has ever done much. I blow dry my long side swept bangs and half dry the bottom ends just to get some water out and apply this serum and let it air dry I get gorgeous wavy curls. I will purchase this for as long as they make this because I have never been able to get much body let alone wavy curls without heat styling.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2013 7:08:00 AM More reviews by Hotflashes

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Redken has monkeyed with this product for years and I've gone along with most of the iterations. This version smells quite strongly (Chi-ish, cologne-like) but the formulation is still great and I'll continue to go with the program. The scent doesn't last long. Gives me very soft, shiny curls every time. 3a/Botticelli just below collarbone.

ETA the scent of the Curvaceous line has grown on me. Reminds me of the old Garden Botanika Spa line a bit.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by Loveswildflowers

Have been using this product for about 8 months or so and I absolutely LOVE it. I have naturally curly hair and this product really enhances my curls. In the warmer months I gently comb my towel dried hair and then evenly distribte this product, softly cup my hair from tips to root, then and let hair air dry. In the cooler months, I dothis same, but use a diffuser instead of air drying, This product really brings out the curl pattern, eliminates frizz, and leaves my hair soft. I have never been so happy with my hair as I currently am now. The last time I visited my salon while waiting for the stylist to cut my hair, I received several compliments on my curls.

The product inside the bottle is perfection. The bottle itself is fine - it dispenses the product, but I took off a star because the shape isn't really practical or space saving.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by dianaish

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am absolutely loving this so far. I have played with this just very quickly a few times in different ways and so far it's a total winner. It really encourages softer and tighter but silky looking and feeling wavy curls. I have not used this prior to blowdrying as l also try to baby my hair to preserve it's health so I cannot give feedback on how it performs in that manner.I like it even better with Moroccanoil as a pretreatment and I am very happy to have a new toy for my hair.

Edit to 5 stars, this is awesome even on dry hair. Love this look! So much easier than trying to beat my hair into submission with heat styling

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2013 2:35:00 AM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have naturally curly hair that I'm wearing long now, and it can get extremely frizzy and dry, especially after coloring. I hate pin straight hair on me, and I'm way too lazy to use a curling iron, blow dryer or hot rollers, I also don't want to deal with the damage. This cream is awesome. I ran a pea sized amount through my damp hair, and let it air dry, and I had great curls and waves that looked very natural, It left my hair ultra shiny, silky, and non frizzy, and the curl was easily freshened up with a little water the next day. I think if you use more, plus dry with a diffuser, you will get ringlets, so it's your choice. I like that it didn't make my hair crunchy or stiff, and the shine was amazing, It took me a month to find it in stock anywhere, so hopefully it will be around awhile.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2013 1:38:00 PM More reviews by cleopatra1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this product solely from the amazing reviews it got on this page. NOT IMPRESSED! I have very curly/frizzy hair and this product has pretty much NO hold, on top of that you have to use SO MUCH of it to make it look decent, and then I usually have to put mousse or something to make it stay. I am surprised it has so many good reviews, I can see it working for wavy hair but for something called "Curvaceous" I am very disappointed. horrible product, wouldn't buy it again, and im already annoyed that I spent $25 on this tiny bottle so now I have to finish it. AND it makes my hair fall out like crazy.

I would recommend Marc Anthony's curly products over this any day.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by oldejude

I kissed a lot of frogs after they discontinued my favorite hair gel. This baby hit the mark. I love it. Defines curls. Doesn't weigh it down. Prevents frizz. Does not feel greasy. Use with a touch of morracan oil. You 'll love it. Healthy, shiny and not DRY.