Redken Curvaceous Ringlet

3.8

Either I don't know how to use this product or the hype is a total crock. My hair is type 2b wavy, medium to thick in texture and I can get better curl with L'Oreal EverSleek Humidity Defying leave in cream than this product. Seriously, I tried this and thought "where did I go wrong?" so I turned to you tube, watched some ridiculous videos that said you have to separate your hair into 2" strands, twirl around your finger and then diffuse to set the curls. I played along and gave it a try. My hair was less wavy than my natural waves generally are after that experiment. What a joke! All that for $23?! Save your money people. There are plenty of products out there that work better. Of course, this is just my experience, so if it works for you, rock on! On the plus side I will agree that your hair won't have that wet crunchy look or feel to it but I sure can't seem to get it to enhance my curl at all.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I use Redken Ringlet Perfecting Lotion (along with Redken Supple spray) on wet hair and scrunch in and then diffuse dry. It really works to form ringlet-y curls. I have some issues with overprocessed hair at the moment - the worst is at the crown with some flyaway frizzy and unrult strands - the Ringlet lotion results in perfect curls on the healthier parts of my hair, but also helps curls to form in the really frizzy problem areas. So far the 180ml bottle has lasted a good few months with still some product remaining (when using every other day, on average), so I've found it quite good value for money and will repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Perfect for natural curls that won't quit. I used to use the old Redken curl products & this is similar to them. It is even the same color packaging...I did not know this replacement item existed til I got my hair professionally done. Finally a good product for natural curls but it is $$$!! I use Glass, Guts, & Control Addict w this. My main complaint would be the cost factor.

Love this product. I used it a lot when I had longer hair and I will try to make it work on my shorter cut as well (haven't tried it yet). I used to apply something like 3/4 of a pump to my mid back-long hair, scrunch it a little and then let it airdry.
It gives wonderfull definition to my waves for one day and lasting volume and incredible softness untill the next wash.
One thing: do not comb your hair while this product is in it! It will turn your hair into a frizzy mess.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is the only serum that gives everlasting curls to my long naturally straight Asian hair. Goodbye curling iron and all the hurt you put on my hair! Either on soaking wet hair or half dry hair I give a 1-2 pumps coat ( long hair almost to waistline so you may need less if your shorter hair) and scrunch up a little like with a mousse and I do get ringlet like curls that LAST like nothing else. No hairspray needed. The curls get HUGE when it rains or I spray a little water on it to reactivate next day. Love love!!!!

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Fabulous, fabulous,FABULOUS! I have African American type III IV natural hair. There is one particular area of my hair that suffers from perennial frizziness. I don't know if it is because maybe I sleep on this part of my head most or what, I just know that I have been frustrated as all get out not having good curl definition here. Enter Ringlet. I picked up some trial sizes of the Curvaceous products from Ulta (thank goodness they have these!) and I'm pretty pleased with this particular line over all. But I am over the moon with this product. My hair consists of straw sized corkscrew curls and Ringlet defines them so beautifully, even that stubborn little frizzy area of my hair! It even adds shine. I will be RUNNING back to pick up a full-size.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have waist length, naturally curly, bleached blonde hair. I absolutely HATE the feel of any "product" in my hair when dry so I'm always searching for the next best thing to give my curls definition, without being crispy or sticky in any way. I discovered the old formula of this through MUA about 2 years ago & although I've bought many others in between (Paul Mitchell, Aveda, Fekkai, Bumble etc) I keep coming back to this. (I find the new formula to have exactly the same results as the old one, though I'm less keen on the slightly more "manly" fragrance of the new version). When I've washed my hair I wrap it in a towel just to absorb excess moisture for a few seconds, but still ensure my hair is wet (I find once hair is "towel dried" it's just too dry for the products to spread evenly & work their magic!) I always smooth an oil through my hair first (Organix at the mo, but Joico & The One 'n' Only argan oil are favorites, much better than Moroccan oil & a fraction of the cost). Then I smooth this through, from roots to tips. I don't use much, each squirt being about a 5p size & maybe use 6 squirts for my whole head of very long hair. Then just a quick scrunch to "boost" the curls & then leave to naturally air dry. The key is to be patient & wait until my hair is nearly totally dry before I even touch it. When it's at that stage (still the tiniest hint of damp, not bone dry) my hair does feel a little crispy & looks a little like an 80's wet gel perm, but then I do the magic bit.....! Just smooth the palms of my hands over the length my hair, which completely smooths away the crispy wet look & leaves me with stunning, beautifully defined, silky, shiny curls. I've tried various methods of styling my curls over the years, but this way leaves me with hair that causes random strangers to compliment it & ask where I've had it done"? It never fails to leave me with stunning curls that any top salon would envy. Will continue to re-purchase as every time I try something different (& don't get these results) I use this again & everythings back to perfect!

I bought this a few years ago when i had cut my hair short (just above shoulder length). It gave my curls great definition and hold, so recently i cut my hair short again and decided to repurchase as the product I was using on my long hair wasn't suitable. I'm not sure if the formula has since changed but this did not really do anything for me. I had to lather it through my hair and it did not give me any great definition and definitely no hold. Though my hair was soft, it did make it weighted and greasy after a day or two. Unfortunately i am no longer impressed with this product and would not repurchase.

My hair type is fine and this has transformed it from loose waves into much more tighter looking ringlets so it does reflect its name.
Only thing is the smell is a bit strong, but is worth putting up with.
Bought in Marbles for 17.50 or so. Worth it, but it does need a bit of gel or mousse to hold it for a few hours.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Being cursed with thick, curly hair I tried a billion products on the market trying to reduce humidity-induced frizziness. From the cheapest to the most expensive, so far nothing really worked.

Besides, my hair is also quite dry and this product, being a sort of gel did nothing against frizziness, felt very sticky and increased the dryness. It is also very expensive and I hated the round packaging.

Will never buy it again, although I am usually lucky with Redken products and most other products I used are decent / good quality.

Popular Styling Products