October 31, 2014 | 1494 users online

Mascara - Revlon - Colorstay Overtime

rated 1 of 5 on 5/21/2014 2:29:00 AM More reviews by hellolyndsey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I get frequent styes and was hoping to find a flake free mascara that wouldn't irritate my eyes. To prevent styes, you have to remove every bit of eye makeup every time you wear it. This mascara was NOT the answer. It is the flakiest, cakiest, most super-gluish mascara I've ever used. The other reviewers are right- this mascara doesn't budge. I literally considered using a toothbrush soaked in mineral spirits just to get it off my eyelashes. I used it twice and both nights resulted in me scrubbing my eyes for 15 minutes until they were raw. It's impossible to get all this mascara off, plus it burns while it flakes all into your eyes. This has never happened to me with any other eye product of any other brand.

I'll just go ahead and say it straight out. This is the worst mascara I have ever used in my 10 years of wearing eye makeup. Even dollar store mascara isnt as bad as this junk. I will never buy this again and hate I wasted $4 on it when I could've used that to buy a better product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2014 8:09:00 PM More reviews by lurketylurk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

It gets two lippies because it doesn't budge. Really, ever. I had to scrub it off with eye makeup remover and lost a few lashes in the process. So, that's kind of annoying. But at least it does not smudge or flake. It's main problem, though, is that it barely does anything for the lashes. Not very black, neither lengthening nor volumizing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 2:09:00 PM More reviews by questionable

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the only mascara that doesn't smudge. I love this because it's so hard to remove that it just wears off over two or three days. Bits flake off each time you use makeup remover. You may not need to reapply the following day or just apply more over it. Perfect for a romantic weekend with your boyfriend because you will be able to remove all your other makeup but this mascara won't come off. So you will go to sleep and wakeup with lovely lashes but no undereye smudges.

My problem with other mascaras is that they leave smudges after several attempts with makeup remover and even after a shower or two. More smudges appear for a couple of days afterward which is fine if you like that smokey eye look. Not great for clean vintage looks though.

Be sure you have a good lash comb because you will need to comb out any lashes that stick together. Otherwise they will stay stuck for a couple of days. It is a bit drying so you may want to alternate mascara formulas or use an eyelash primer.

My alternate mascara is the waterproof Maybelline Lash Discovery because I like the narrow brush. Easier to apply to tiny hairs without getting blobs on your lids. Colorstay Overtime has a similar brush.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2013 3:12:00 PM More reviews by raspberryxwine

Let me start out by saying that I ALWAYS used Revlon Fabulash and loved it, I am disappointed that I cannot find it in stores near me anymore.

When I bought this mascara I was using Revlon Grow Luscious at the time and was getting tired of the flakiness. It never clumped on me, but always flaked.

I decided to try this since I know I like the Revlon mascaras quite a bit. The SECOND time I used this mascara, the brush on the wand fell off inside the tube. I was left with NO BRUSH and no way to get the mascara out. I had to throw it away.

The formula on this mascara is basically the same as the rest - pretty good and gives nice, full lashes, but is quite flakey during the day - so much that I often get chunks of mascara falling into my eyes when I'm really not even doing anything.

Overall, I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2013 12:20:00 AM More reviews by cathykl

This mascara is nearly impossible to remove - seriously - after using oil, then make-up wipes then cleansing with my normal face wash, it was still on my lashes (and I used a warm wash cloth). The staying power is above and beyond any other mascara, including water-proof, I've ever used in my life.

I do find the formula a bit dry like others have mentioned and therefore it's harder to apply a few coats. When it is on though, it holds my curl, does not smudge or smear even one bit. I have slightly hooded eyes and nothing usually stays but this held up. The volume is not as dramatic as I would like but then again I have barely any lashes. Problem solved though when I put on some fake eyelashes or volumizing mascara underneath.

The biggest issue for me is the removal - if I used this only a daily basis it would take me half my evening to try and remove it, so I reserve it for special events/weddings/funerals - any time it is really necessary. On normal days I just want to use my other mascaras because it takes me 5 seconds to remove them.

I would recommend this to anyone looking for an insanely long-lasting mascara.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2013 6:30:00 PM More reviews by sniffer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara looks great - my tube says lengthening, and it does stay on. My problem is it stays on way too long. My usual cleansing oil does not remove it smoothly, nor do eye makeup remover pads (both oil-free and waterproof makeup ones). It also irritates my eyes when I remove the part that will come off, as does any product left on my lashes. If your eyes aren't sensitive, this could be an option.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2013 11:04:00 PM More reviews by laukelar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best mascara I have ever used. I have used Covergirl Professional all-in-one, Avon Super-extend, and recently, Maybelline the Colossal Volum' Express. I like to curl my lashes when I start to put on my makeup, and then curl and add mascara at the end. The formula holds the curl, doesn't clump, defines the lashes well, is not too wet, and there is virtually no fall-out. I didn't notice a strong scent either. The Maybelline mascara had a lot of fall-out and was more clumpy compared to this. I wore the Revlon mascara all day at university and even lied down with it, and it still stayed. It came off easily with my face wash.
I haven't used it many times, but I have been loving it so far.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2013 1:57:00 AM More reviews by rimmela

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This has a great brush and does lengthen and define the lashes but the formula is dry and hard to work with. It is also extremely hard to remove, even with makeup remover, so it truly is very long lasting.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by clairerenee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I quite like this mascara. I have long but stick straight lashes that need color and thickening plus any mascara I use mustmustmust hold a curl. This mascara is almost as good as my HG (but sadly discontinued) Cover Girl Marathon Mascara.

This mascara held up very well during the day, I actually was so tired I wore it to bed (bad!) and even in the shower the next morning. Very little smearing and it still had a curl!

So for me this is superior to Dior's Diorshow(vastly overrated imo), Shiseido (that had been reviewed as holding a curl....nope).

I will keep using it in rotation with LancĂ´me Definicils and MAC Studio Fix. It is tough to remove but using Neutrogena eye makeup remover is helpful.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2013 12:22:00 AM More reviews by jillcast

One of the worst mascaras I have ever used. Did nothing for my lashes. Went on really dry and clumpy. Very difficult to remove. Surprised since I usually love all Revlon products. Maybe I purchased an old tube?