January 26, 2015 | 1981 users online

Pressed Powders - Essence - All About Matt Fixing Compact Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2015 9:12:00 PM More reviews by GlitterLove12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this powder! I have repurchased this product three times now, and will continue to buy more. It doesn't completely mattify my skin, but does tone down the shine greatly. I also use it to blend my blush in whenever I apply too much or the line is too harsh. It is very delicate!! It breaks pretty easy so be careful! My only complaint is the packing, mine always seems to break for some reason.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2015 5:43:00 PM More reviews by meredithcook1983

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this mattifying powder with a brush and it goes on nicely. Will repurchase

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2015 12:56:00 PM More reviews by annabelle807

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I HATE this powder. Whether I apply it on top of foundation or under it (using the Wayne Goss Method), it makes my skin look incredibly textured (which it is a little bit to be honest, but I'm definitely NOT looking for a powder that will accentuate that!) It also does not live up to its claim that it keeps your skin matte - if anything, I think it makes my skin look MORE oily by the end of the day! It also feels incredibly heavy on the skin - not a breathable product at all.

The only redeeming qualities are that it is cheap (but why spend your money on something you won't like at all?) and that the packaging is incredibly minimalist (it's thin, light-weight, and easy to carry around with you).

Save your money and try something else instead.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2015 6:58:00 PM More reviews by gnkaede

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

im pretty surprised and disappointed cause I have never once seen a review that said this powder didn't mattify, but it hasn't done much for me. super sad but worth trying for the price

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2015 6:38:00 PM More reviews by osnapitzqetsia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've breen using this powder a few times and it works perfectly fine for me. My skin doesn't get oily and stays matt all day. I'm not the type of person to get a very oily skin, but it does happen sometimes. I think it is a great combination with their primer. I totally recomend this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2014 1:00:00 PM More reviews by Sagehen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I liked this product, it was mattifying, portable and well-priced but it is delicate. It breaks off in chunks/sheets weekly, which defeats the purpose. It is so frustrating. No matter how I transport it it happens. Will not repurchase for that reason.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/24/2014 12:35:00 PM More reviews by xchristinex

Made my entire face itchy and red. I've never had this happen before with other face powders. I don't think it's the talc since my other powders have talc as well. It was mattifying, but I will never use it. If you have sensitive skin I would be cautious.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2014 4:42:00 PM More reviews by itsmeiva

Almost HG finishing powder!!!!

It does a great job in keeping my skin matte. For literally more than 6-8 hours or so...
this is avery rare instance for me.. I get super oily after half an hour with the current bb cream I use.

Been using this for 2 days now, I dont think it has broken me out.. yet.. lol
This is very, very affordable. 2 thumbs up for that.
Be careful in putting too much as it can make you look like a geisha. haha

Will definitely purchase again! :) You got nothing to loose on this powder!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2014 6:13:00 PM More reviews by SmaugtheMagnificent

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like it but im not inlove with it. I mainly get it because it hasnt broke me out and its the cheapest powder i've found. It doesnt really keep my face matte, my covergirl powder for sensistive skin does a better job at keeping me matte.. Its worth a try, it may go on a little white if you dont like blend it out properly. It does work nice with helping you blend out bronzer if you add too much.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by Bulon

Saw this product at the Essence counter at Wilkinson and decided to give it a go. It looked interesting and above all a white pressed powder promising to mattify oily skin. I have combination skin and the Tzone tends to get oily, so I bought it. It does mattify the skin as it says but since I don't re-apply through out the day,I can't say whether it's long lasting or not. Over all a good product to have. Packaging is ok, anyway I am not too hung up on packaging and it does not have a mirror. Good thing is it's sleek and easy to carry. Would recommend this to anyone wanting to try a decent drugstore mattifying pressed powder.