Essence All About Matt Fixing Compact Powder

4.3

Talc, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Saphire Powder, Aqua (Water), Magnesium Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol.

on 6/14/2015 1:46:00 PM

I really like this powder! It's super smooth and gives a lovely airbrushed/glowy finish to your skin without appearing TOO matte. It smooths out any lines or imperfections you might have and whisks away oil. I love the fact that this was made in Poland too, represent :)))

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I picked this up after hearing such good things about it here on MUA, but I found it didn't work for me. Normally I can make my foundation last me all day when I use my talc-free mineral powder to set it; however, when I used this, it was TOO mattifying. It literally sucked the moisture out of my foundation and caused it to crack up by the end of the day. I've been too afraid to touch it since.

on 4/13/2015 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

So I bought this powder a couple of months ago and I found it didn't work for me. It says translucent and while those claims are certainly true if you apply too much you're skin will give off a slight white cast.

I do like how matte and flawless it makes my skin look. When I apply it, my pores are blurred and my skin looks porcelain flawless. Too bad it doesn't last! I find that after two hours my greasy nose (courtesy of my combination skin) gets really oily so it doesn't keep that shine on lock. I suppose I could reapply it but I figure it would last me at least four hours.

The compact itself is incredibly flimsy I don't even bother bringing it around with me. The snap closure is broken and the top clasp just swings around. Of course for $4 I can't really complain.

It's great for the rest of my face, but not my nose! So because of that I won't repurchase. It makes my skin look lovely, but I need my nose to be taken care of!

on 3/29/2015 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE this powder!! This is a great cruelty-free alternative to Rimmel's Stay Matte powder. It keeps me matte all day long, and has a really smooth, finely-milled texture. I took one lippie off because if you use any more than a light dust of this powder, your face will start to give off a white cast. Great if your foundation is a tad bit dark, but kind of annoying. Also, the powder is very soft, so be careful and be sure not to drop it, because it will shatter.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I have been using this product for over a year, and I love it through and through. First of all the price is fantastic. And the actual powder works great on me. I can go most of the day before this needs reapplying or blotting. This is for sure a product I will always go back for!

on 2/24/2015 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

To be honest this is my first fixing/setting powder so I don't have anything to compare it to but from what I've experienced I love! I prefer the matte look and this powder does just that. It does a good job of setting my foundation but oddly not my blush or bronzer ??? At the end of the day my face will still be about 80% matte with no cheek colour whatsoever, kind of weird but it's not the end of thr world for me. You really can't go wrong with this price, it feels like a product worth more than the $3 I paid. The packaging is a little flimsy so if you're a bit reckless like me you have to be extra careful. Also I have extremely sensitive skin, even products listed as 'for sensitive skin' can give me a reaction and I've had no problems with this power.

on 2/1/2015 11:52:00 AM

does the trick, and because it was so inexpensive, I didn't even cry when it fell out of my purse and smashed! I just went and bought another one!

on 1/29/2015 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Bought into the hype! Applied a light dusting of this over my foundation like normally. But over the day, it broke up my foundation into little fragments on my face, and I did not change anything else about my routine. I guess this didn't work for me, but I could see how it works with others! :)

on 1/29/2015 12:43:00 PM

This is the best powder ever !!!!

Love this powder! I have repurchased this product three times now, and will continue to buy more. It doesn't completely mattify my skin, but does tone down the shine greatly. I also use it to blend my blush in whenever I apply too much or the line is too harsh. It is very delicate!! It breaks pretty easy so be careful! My only complaint is the packing, mine always seems to break for some reason.