July 22, 2014 | 2378 users online

Pressed Powders - Essence - All About Matt Fixing Compact Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2014 12:21:00 PM More reviews by KelliaC

I LOVE this mattifying powder compact! I didn't realize how good it worked until I finished this product and waited a few days before purchasing another one. Without realizing how well this worked, I was wondering why my face was getting really oily, my makeup not staying on and why my face was sweating in the humidity. And then it hit me, it was this mattifying powder that usually took care of all that in the past, and boy did I notice a difference! I went straight to ULTA that day and purchased this again. For the low cost, it's SO worth it! And as a previous poster said, you can't apply a tiny amount, you have to make sure you press it on your face, that's when it will absorb all the oils and humidity from your face. Now, my makeup stays on 8+ hours a day. And this works just as well as Urban Decay or the higher end brands. Essence really got this one right!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2014 11:20:00 PM More reviews by babylipss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have super oily skin and I love the Maybelline Dream Matte powder they sadly discontinued :( I'm almost finished with it, so I was looking around for a cheap good mattifying powder. I heard really great things about it, people saying they didnt have to retouch, I got very curious and for only four bucks? Thats probably the cheapest powder in the drugstore, second to ELF. At first I didn't like it, it did NOT keep me matte for even two hours. I stuck with Rimmel Stay Matte and after I hit pan, I decided to try this again but used a very big kabuki brush and REALLY pressed it into my skin like packed it on, most people wouldn't use this much powder on their faces packed and it worked great! My oils didnt come out til about eight hours lately and thats good enough for me! I did get a couple whiteheads when I washed my makeup off but I was pleased with how great this powder made my face extremely matte. It only works for me when I really pack this on nice and heavy, a lot of people dont like that feeling but I;ve gotten used to it, I will repurchase and do recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2014 2:24:00 PM More reviews by runwayartist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This product comes in a medium pan (no brush included) and it is a white powder. Although it is quite chalky, it does wonders for oily skin, but you have to be quite careful when applying it as it can easily look cakey. It mattefyis your skin instantly, no matter where you apply it (for instance, I dab a little of it on my clevage after spraying myself with perfume, to make the shiny finish dissapear). You also get quite a bunch of product (8g/0.28oz) for the amount of money you pay (around 4€). Unfortunately, it made me break out in the upper lip area and around the bottom of my nose, so I stopped using it no matter how much I was loving it. I would definitely repurchase it over and over if it could work for me. I wish luck to all of you with this marvellous product!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2014 2:33:00 AM More reviews by melissaem

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is absolutely the best mattifying powder for very oily skin ever!! Price is amazing and it's the best powder to keep me matt for the longest amt of time.

However I've noticed that it's been recently discontinued here in Australia and removed from the essence website, I'm devastated :(

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2014 12:17:00 AM More reviews by Sun2shine

I love this product! I ALWAYS use this after I've highlighted. I've never experienced a white chalky cast when using it. I even use it to touch up if I get a little oily through out the day because it never cakes up. :) Love love LOVEEE this !!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2014 8:53:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First things first: I bought this, drove home, and when I took it out of the bag it had been reduced to LOOSE powder with a few chunks througout. Not good. You get what you pay for. But I tried it anyway and I find that it will mattify, but if you're of color you have to be extremely careful with it because it can leave the dreaded whitish cast. I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2014 9:37:00 AM More reviews by bleed18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It is wonderful I use it as a base for my make up...♥ ♥ ♥

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2014 1:11:00 AM More reviews by Hayree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchased this and was honestly amazed at how well it worked for my oily, pale skin. It's great for over liquid or powder foundation for any extra oilyness. However, Ethylhexyl Palmitate is a serious no go for me. I broke out terribly.

Worth a try for $3.99

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2014 10:09:00 PM More reviews by jewelofdenial

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. I usually use it to tone down a couple of my brighter blushes after I apply them, but it is also great for mattifying oily skin. I had my first one for about a week when I dropped it and it cracked. I had to stop at Shoppers and pick up a new one the next day.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2014 11:44:00 AM More reviews by Freedom3033

Erm. Hate to be the odd one out, but no matter how I try to make this work, it still comes out whitish on me. It alters the colour of my finish. Chalky. Honestly, I only used a little. It's quite matte though. Will be trying the catrice loose powder next. Gave this away.