Essence All About Matt Fixing Compact Powder

4.4

Talc, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Saphire Powder, Aqua (Water), Magnesium Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol.

on 3/29/2015 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE this powder!! This is a great cruelty-free alternative to Rimmel's Stay Matte powder. It keeps me matte all day long, and has a really smooth, finely-milled texture. I took one lippie off because if you use any more than a light dust of this powder, your face will start to give off a white cast. Great if your foundation is a tad bit dark, but kind of annoying. Also, the powder is very soft, so be careful and be sure not to drop it, because it will shatter.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I have been using this product for over a year, and I love it through and through. First of all the price is fantastic. And the actual powder works great on me. I can go most of the day before this needs reapplying or blotting. This is for sure a product I will always go back for!

on 2/24/2015 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

To be honest this is my first fixing/setting powder so I don't have anything to compare it to but from what I've experienced I love! I prefer the matte look and this powder does just that. It does a good job of setting my foundation but oddly not my blush or bronzer ??? At the end of the day my face will still be about 80% matte with no cheek colour whatsoever, kind of weird but it's not the end of thr world for me. You really can't go wrong with this price, it feels like a product worth more than the $3 I paid. The packaging is a little flimsy so if you're a bit reckless like me you have to be extra careful. Also I have extremely sensitive skin, even products listed as 'for sensitive skin' can give me a reaction and I've had no problems with this power.

on 2/1/2015 11:52:00 AM

does the trick, and because it was so inexpensive, I didn't even cry when it fell out of my purse and smashed! I just went and bought another one!

on 1/29/2015 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Bought into the hype! Applied a light dusting of this over my foundation like normally. But over the day, it broke up my foundation into little fragments on my face, and I did not change anything else about my routine. I guess this didn't work for me, but I could see how it works with others! :)

on 1/29/2015 12:43:00 PM

This is the best powder ever !!!!

Love this powder! I have repurchased this product three times now, and will continue to buy more. It doesn't completely mattify my skin, but does tone down the shine greatly. I also use it to blend my blush in whenever I apply too much or the line is too harsh. It is very delicate!! It breaks pretty easy so be careful! My only complaint is the packing, mine always seems to break for some reason.

I use this mattifying powder with a brush and it goes on nicely. Will repurchase

on 1/11/2015 12:56:00 PM

I HATE this powder. Whether I apply it on top of foundation or under it (using the Wayne Goss Method), it makes my skin look incredibly textured (which it is a little bit to be honest, but I'm definitely NOT looking for a powder that will accentuate that!) It also does not live up to its claim that it keeps your skin matte - if anything, I think it makes my skin look MORE oily by the end of the day! It also feels incredibly heavy on the skin - not a breathable product at all.

The only redeeming qualities are that it is cheap (but why spend your money on something you won't like at all?) and that the packaging is incredibly minimalist (it's thin, light-weight, and easy to carry around with you).

Save your money and try something else instead.

on 1/7/2015 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

im pretty surprised and disappointed cause I have never once seen a review that said this powder didn't mattify, but it hasn't done much for me. super sad but worth trying for the price

Recommended for Normal Skin