December 22, 2014 | 1242 users online

Pressed Powders - Essence - All About Matt Fixing Compact Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2014 4:42:00 PM More reviews by itsmeiva

Almost HG finishing powder!!!!

It does a great job in keeping my skin matte. For literally more than 6-8 hours or so...
this is avery rare instance for me.. I get super oily after half an hour with the current bb cream I use.

Been using this for 2 days now, I dont think it has broken me out.. yet.. lol
This is very, very affordable. 2 thumbs up for that.
Be careful in putting too much as it can make you look like a geisha. haha

Will definitely purchase again! :) You got nothing to loose on this powder!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2014 6:13:00 PM More reviews by SmaugtheMagnificent

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like it but im not inlove with it. I mainly get it because it hasnt broke me out and its the cheapest powder i've found. It doesnt really keep my face matte, my covergirl powder for sensistive skin does a better job at keeping me matte.. Its worth a try, it may go on a little white if you dont like blend it out properly. It does work nice with helping you blend out bronzer if you add too much.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by Bulon

Saw this product at the Essence counter at Wilkinson and decided to give it a go. It looked interesting and above all a white pressed powder promising to mattify oily skin. I have combination skin and the Tzone tends to get oily, so I bought it. It does mattify the skin as it says but since I don't re-apply through out the day,I can't say whether it's long lasting or not. Over all a good product to have. Packaging is ok, anyway I am not too hung up on packaging and it does not have a mirror. Good thing is it's sleek and easy to carry. Would recommend this to anyone wanting to try a decent drugstore mattifying pressed powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2014 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

My t-zone is very oily, so I had been perpetually on the hunt for something that would actually control shine for more than 1 hour. I can't believe this $5 powder does such an impressive job, but it does. I have to really pack it on, so I've found that the best way to do this is with a disposable makeup wedge. It starts out looking very white, but that goes away within a few minutes. The first time I need to blot is about 6 hours later. I wouldn't carry this with me, since it doesn't have a mirror or puff (nor would one fit in the case), but I don't need to carry it with me, since I can go a long time without a touchup.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2014 12:20:00 AM More reviews by Sunnydelite62901

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a nice powder I don't use it a ton but keep it in my bag to keep my t-zone from getting shiny. On my nc40ish skin tone this doesnt leave a white cast, but as I said I use this as a touch up powder and only lightly. I use Ben Nye Banana powder as my go to powder. It's affordable and if you need a touch up powder this is a great one, just buff well I use my Elf buffing powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by zhaaniite

i liked it much more when it was as a loose powder. still liking it thoe.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2014 5:46:00 PM More reviews by stls

Essence products are generally a hit or miss for me. The blush brush was a miss, the brow gel and the eye liner brush I could take them or leave them, the nail polishes and blushes didn't impress me but the gel liners were just fabulous. (Why on earth did they discontinue them is beyond me)

Anyway, I gave this powder a try and this is a winner too! The finish is very natural and doesn't look obvious at all on the skin but it really, really mattifies! Better than any other powder I have tried actually. Looks ghostly white in the pan, just like the MAC Prep & Prime but doesn't leave an obvious white cast, just makes my face look more luminous, yet matte. I have only experienced the same effect with YSL Matte & Radiant pressed powder which costs 10x the price of Essence. I'm quite pale myself though, so if you have a deeper skin tone might be wise to proceed with caution.

I have no issues with the packaging but I don't carry it around, I'm a believer in Shiseido blotting sheets for that purpose. Will certainly repurchase all about matt.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2014 5:16:00 PM More reviews by morphinization

I've already gone through two of these, and I've never done that with a product before. That should say enough :P It does have a white cast but that's perfect as a matte 'highlight' when contouring. I use it on my t-zone and under my eyes with a small rounded brush, and touch-up whenever needed. It's matte, has good coverage and unlike a colored mattifying powder it doesn't build up or look cakey as easily (of course with any product if you use too much it will look cakey).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2014 10:09:00 PM More reviews by chickeeduck

Fantastic product, super compact and ridiculously cheap. This is a very small white compact that has a faint white cast. Small because it does not have a sponge, or the ability to keep a powder puff, which might be a disadvantage to some, but I prefer it as I use a small flat brush to apply it. I have repurchased because the first one fell a couple of times, the first time breaking the lid, and the second shattering the product to pieces. At the $3.99 CAD price point however, the quality of the packaging and having to purchase another one is negligible.
It keeps me matte for most of the morning during the summer, although I do have to re-apply or blot by the 1 pm mark. This is really not an issue, because I find that powders that are exponentially more expensive (Bobbi Brown, MUFE, Chanel) fall under the same criteria. So yes, this seems like it will be a staple in my make up kit.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2014 7:55:00 AM More reviews by angekronaus

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Amazing product that costs next to nothing.

This fixing powder is so convenient in the compact version. It doesnt mess & its super slim to fit into your handbag etc. Its very white in the compact but applies translucent. If you apply too much & you see the white, just buff it out.

I was having problems with my eyeliner transferring onto my crease/upper lid. I had watched a youtube videos saying you should apply the first layer & dust it over with fixing powder, apply another layer & dust it over & voila! Well darn it, Like magic - IT WORKS. This little compact that cost EUR2,49 i think, has saved me many a days of rubbing off creased eyeliner etc.

Because I have dry skin, I don't need to use this for much else like some do with oily skin.

Great product, excellent price. You cant go wrong! Thanks Essence!