Essence All About Matt Fixing Compact Powder

4.2

Talc, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Saphire Powder, Aqua (Water), Magnesium Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Overall: 4
Price: 5 (SUPER CHEAP)
Packaging: 3
Buy again: yes
----------------------------------------------------------------

I've repurchased this powder twice because I love it so much!

I have oily skin and I like a matte look so I have gone through a lot of powder in my time. Powder has one job to do, but it's very important: Keep me matte. I have tried pretty much every drugstore pressed and loose powder out there - I refuse to go high end because why should I have to pay a premium price for something that should be very basic?

The product:
This is a super finely milled pressed powder in a clear, plastic compact. No mirror, no powder puff - which is fine, because I never use the puffs anyway. In the pan it looks white, and I imagine if you were heavy handed with it, it could give off a white cast. However, if you are using a duo-fiber brush or regular powder brush you should be fine.

It does not feel chalky at all, and blends easily on the skin. I really like it because it sets my makeup and if you do re-apply throughout the day, it doesn't look cakey because the powder is so fine and has no pigment. It doesn't promise anything crazy like "12 hour oil control" - no, it sets makeup, lasts decently on my oily skin (like maybe 4 hours) and then yes, you will have to touch up.

It is hard to get anything for $3 anymore, but $3 for this? I'd definitely buy again!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

OVERALL: not great, not one of my favorite essence products. really the only good thing i can say about it is that it isn't drying, which is a big plus for my very dry skin but it's not worth trying to make it work, it just doesn't look nice on the skin.

SWATCHING: honestly i was in shock, i felt this and it felt very finely milled for the price (i think it was 3-4 euro but it was months ago so i don't remember exactly) so i gave it a try. i was hoping because it was so finely milled, it wouldn't show the 'white' it did on my finger. i was really impressed with it's swatch, which added to my disappointment later on.

MY ROUTINE: i have tried it several times, but i'll outline each way i tried using this. for under eyes, i took a small fluffy brush (which has no name on it, so i can't say which,sorry!) and swept it just on the creases around my eyes after concealer. it kind of stuck to the concealer, didn't spread very well, and just sat there. granted all powders do this to some extent, we just don't see it! well everyone saw these white powdery things along my lower lash line. i did the same around my mouth and everywhere on my face (i did an all over application to try it).

DRYING: this powder was actually very very comfortable, even if it didn't look great. not a big pro, but not many powders feel like that on my skin so i want to acknowledge that at least. well done on that front essence! (no i won't be wearing it for this reason, or any other)

COLOUR: this is really the problem. i'm that girl who could lie down in the snow and get lost she's so pale, so if i can see the white on my skin, you'll probably see it on yours. maybe you want to try it anyway? it's not expensive so i wouldn't say you're throwing away your money. but i'm just saying honestly this is what happened for me

I have been using this as a setting powder for awhile now, I can't remember how much I purchased this for. I'm really iffy on this product to be honest... In a pinch this is alright, I'm not too fond of it but as I have nothing else to use I will use this until I run to the store to grab my fav powder. I do like that this is pressed powder as it's way less messy. However, this leaves a white cast like NO tomorrow so bad you end up sharing the same shade as Casper's booty. you can SEE the white dust on your face. It sets into your lines and pores, it just sits on top and is VERY chalky. I don't think I'll repurchase this unless I'm out of powder & SOL.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is good for the price. Wouldn't exactly say that it's comparable to MUFE HD powder. This is quite chalky and can look white if you put too much, but overall for the price it's good, wouldn't repurchase though.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

First things first the package broke within a few days of buying this. Very upset by that. Also it leaves a white cast when not blended in properly. It's a large pan so it will last a long time. I like that it's a compact and not a loose powder. Honestly I'm not sure if k would repurchase. At this time I would say no. The price might bring me back at a different time

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This was a great powder for the price, however it's not the best setting powder I have used. I buy a lot of setting powder as I'm never satisfied, and this one was good enough that I used it until pan, but I would not repurchase. I have dry and sensitive skin, and this powder mattifies it enough that I feel tight and dry. It suck all the grease and oil of my skin, but on my sensitive and dry skin, it does suck it too much and I'm left with tight skin. If you are oily, then I think this might be perfect.

I don't think it's as good as E.l.F HD powder or MUFE HD powder because it does not leave my skin feeling -- silky -- soft as those 2 powders are doing, but it's good enough for an everyday use. I also didn't experienced any flashback with a flash camera, which is nice (because HD MUFE and E.l.f can cause flashback if I'm not careful..)!!

All-in-all, if you are oily and looking for a drugstore fix, this might be your HG, but for me it's not. I also have to say that you have to be careful once you hit pan because mine broke in millions pieces after that and I couldn't use it anymore!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Once again Essence has blown me away!!!
I'm very happy with this purchase! what I was looking for was just a setting powder that would leave my skin matte for as long as possible! and this does just that! so simple! why can't more companies do this? / by the color of this powder I thought it had some silica in it..not sure if it does but I don't think so? either way, I don't know what is in it that's making me so matte but thank you! I put this on many different ways, before foundation and after and NO it's not cakey! I can literally apply this so many times layer after layer that it will not cake! it hasn't on me! and the best part! when I finish doing my makeup in the morning I come home late and my makeup is still fresh! my foundation is still set and my powder is not oiling up my face! for $2.99??? sounds crazy! I can't believe how much I love this powder, so much better than anything I'v tried! I love it! a bit under the eyes and it brightens up everything so nicely, love love love, will def. keep repurchasing :)

I've had this powder for 2 weeks and have only used it 4 times. At first I loved it because it does take away shine and it definitely keeps me matte all day, however it breaks me out. It broke me out all over my chin, and it's not getting better and i stopped using the powder 3 days ago. I've never had a pressed powder break me out before.
Usually I use; Rimmel London Stay Matte in either Natural or Transparent
Maybelline FiT me pressed in 100 or 110
CoverGirl Sensitive skin pressed in 210
Not one of these products has given me acne as much as Essence has.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This powder is the cheapest white powder that I could find. Downside is that it's a little powdery and not as fine as a loose powder, that I wish Essence would sell. But it does the job, mattifies the face and keeps oil limited. However I'm still on the search and would recommend a loose powder more because it is more buildable. This powder last very long though, and at the end sadly it all broke down but this usually happens with those compact powders.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I bought this because I heard some great reviews on it. It mattifies really, *really* well and sets makeup beautifully. I'm really fair, and I didn't find any white cast on me, but if you're deeper, it might be a slight problem.

I was content until I went on vacation and took another powder with me. All of the sudden, the cystic acne that I had going on was just gone. Turns out this product the problem. I have no idea what ingredient caused it, but I will definitely not buy again.

Plus the packaging breaks very easily. Overall, not the biggest fan. But if you're careful and don't travel with your makeup too often, you might want to try it because I've heard great reviews from others. Just beware if your skin is sensitive!

Recommended for Normal Skin