January 30, 2015 | 2034 users online

Pressed Powders - Essence - All About Matt Fixing Compact Powder

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2015 12:58:00 PM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Bought into the hype! Applied a light dusting of this over my foundation like normally. But over the day, it broke up my foundation into little fragments on my face, and I did not change anything else about my routine. I guess this didn't work for me, but I could see how it works with others! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2015 12:43:00 PM More reviews by Julia123lolly

This is the best powder ever !!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2015 9:12:00 PM More reviews by GlitterLove12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this powder! I have repurchased this product three times now, and will continue to buy more. It doesn't completely mattify my skin, but does tone down the shine greatly. I also use it to blend my blush in whenever I apply too much or the line is too harsh. It is very delicate!! It breaks pretty easy so be careful! My only complaint is the packing, mine always seems to break for some reason.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2015 5:43:00 PM More reviews by meredithcook1983

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this mattifying powder with a brush and it goes on nicely. Will repurchase

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2015 12:56:00 PM More reviews by annabelle807

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I HATE this powder. Whether I apply it on top of foundation or under it (using the Wayne Goss Method), it makes my skin look incredibly textured (which it is a little bit to be honest, but I'm definitely NOT looking for a powder that will accentuate that!) It also does not live up to its claim that it keeps your skin matte - if anything, I think it makes my skin look MORE oily by the end of the day! It also feels incredibly heavy on the skin - not a breathable product at all.

The only redeeming qualities are that it is cheap (but why spend your money on something you won't like at all?) and that the packaging is incredibly minimalist (it's thin, light-weight, and easy to carry around with you).

Save your money and try something else instead.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2015 6:58:00 PM More reviews by gnkaede

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

im pretty surprised and disappointed cause I have never once seen a review that said this powder didn't mattify, but it hasn't done much for me. super sad but worth trying for the price

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2015 6:38:00 PM More reviews by osnapitzqetsia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've breen using this powder a few times and it works perfectly fine for me. My skin doesn't get oily and stays matt all day. I'm not the type of person to get a very oily skin, but it does happen sometimes. I think it is a great combination with their primer. I totally recomend this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2014 1:00:00 PM More reviews by Sagehen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I liked this product, it was mattifying, portable and well-priced but it is delicate. It breaks off in chunks/sheets weekly, which defeats the purpose. It is so frustrating. No matter how I transport it it happens. Will not repurchase for that reason.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/24/2014 12:35:00 PM More reviews by xchristinex

Made my entire face itchy and red. I've never had this happen before with other face powders. I don't think it's the talc since my other powders have talc as well. It was mattifying, but I will never use it. If you have sensitive skin I would be cautious.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2014 4:42:00 PM More reviews by itsmeiva

Almost HG finishing powder!!!!

It does a great job in keeping my skin matte. For literally more than 6-8 hours or so...
this is avery rare instance for me.. I get super oily after half an hour with the current bb cream I use.

Been using this for 2 days now, I dont think it has broken me out.. yet.. lol
This is very, very affordable. 2 thumbs up for that.
Be careful in putting too much as it can make you look like a geisha. haha

Will definitely purchase again! :) You got nothing to loose on this powder!