April 20, 2014 | 943 users online

Eye Shadow - FLOWER Beauty - Color Play Creme Eyeshadow

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2013 11:46:00 PM More reviews by River3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This eyeshadow looks like a mouse, very very thick, goopy looking and I have heard and read some reviews that don't like it because of this fact. DON'T let that deter you from this product. It is made this way for a reason. Truly a LITTLE bit goes a LONG way. I mean, I don't see why a pod shouldn't last a whole lifetime, really. Because of the texture it glides on smoothly, blends beautifully, and I promise it does NOT crease...you might fear this when you see the texture,but really it does not. This is the only eyeshadow I ever use now. I will never go back to a powder eyeshadow after finding something so beautiful, easy, and affordable. I didn't give it 5 lip pies for the packaging because I wish it were a hinge like their creme blushes, but oh well. The little white stopper in the bottle is great for actually getting some of the product...I just put my finger on the stopper instead of in the jar because a little bit goes that far so I like the stopper mainly for that reason.

I have time willow tell (green), orchiding around (purply dark bluish), awesome blossom (brown, neutral color), and mums the word (pink). All absolutely beautiful.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/1/2013 10:55:00 PM More reviews by rockylove02

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this because of course I wanted to see what flower cosmetics had to offer .the colors were beautiful so i decided on wild geranium i was really excited about this and on how pretty it would look but it's so sheer the consistency is liquidly and once you start to blend it out it disappears.wish they redo this product .definitely won't purchase this again :|

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2013 3:01:00 PM More reviews by cbailey4111

Really disappointed by this shadow. Orchid-ing Around looks like a gorgeous metallic, glittery purple-silver-taupe in the pot, and the packaging itself looks really nice and high end. Application is a nightmare, though. The product goes on so sheer you can hardly tell it's there, and it blends so well that it goes all over the place and sheers out to nothing. It feels like it never really sets. To get any color payoff at all I had to carefully apply 3 layers with a stiffer brush, and then I set that with an eye shadow over top. Even doing this, with a primer underneath, my crease ate all of the color after maybe 6 hours.

Really glad I only bought one shade. It's just too bad I already trashed the receipt.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by Shelbsca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had such high expectations for these cream eyeshadows- I bought two shades, Mum's the Word and Orchiding Around. I heard from youtube reviews they were extremely pigmented and lasted all day. The two colors I picked out were very pretty swatched.
Unfortunately, the way it translates to eyelids is a totally different story.

For one, this shadow is so messy, and the packaging it comes in just makes it messier! It is so hard to work with and when you put it on it gets EVERYWHERE! The texture is so super creamy and soft, which is good, but it actually becomes a negative when you use it. Horrible application, horrible packaging.

In all honesty, if the shadow was amazing in every other respect the con above would be less of a big deal. However, the shade just is not the same on your eyelids as it looks in the pan or swatched. It is much, much sheerer, and it does not set. I do not even have oily eyelids, and when I first put it on, it was noticeably more sheer than swatched, which is fine- but then after a few minutes it just started to fade and in a few hours, while it is still a little visible, it's basically barely there. So, the color payoff is horrendous and one applied, no, it is not pigmented really.

The staying power basically relates to the fact that the color almost immediately sheers up and fades once applied. It is so soft and moist it just doesn't stay on my eyelids. And I tried with both colors, I gave it a second chance! It happened with both!

Honestly, I think these eyeshadows have great potential if they were reformulated. The colors the shadows are supposed to be are good, but it just doesn't realistically live up to those colors.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2013 10:09:00 AM More reviews by emisara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have the shade Time Willow Tell; it's very sheer, and it creased within a few hours on me, with or without primer. It does last if set with powder eyeshadow, but it really isn't worth the trouble for something. There are a million sheer, sparkly powder eyeshadows I could use alone instead.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/16/2013 5:40:00 AM More reviews by cleopatrasboudoir

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I never tried a cream eyeshadow before, I had heard they creased horribly. But, when I saw this at my local walmart. I bought the "Rest on Your laurels" shade, its a whitish shimmer. Well, it sucks, in my opinion. It goes on too thin and I have to add several coats before it looks like anything. I even tried using this as a base for powder eyeshadow, it seemed to work ok as a base just under my brow, but in the crease of the eye, it wore off within an hour. I wouldn't buy this product again. If you are looking for just a touch of shimmer, then that shade is for you, its ok, but its very sheer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by PianoGirl1985

I bought one in Orchiding Around, which is a gorgeous plumy/lilac/taupe color (very hard to describe actually!) I would give this product 5 stars, however I don't like to blend this product. Don't get me wrong, it's super bleandable but for me it is almost too much. You start off with a rich, pigmented color and once you begin to blend it washes off! SO you have to re-apply until you get the desired intensity of color. BUT once you put too much, it will begin to crease.
I love it and hate it lol

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by beachesatnormandy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this in Geranium. It looks amazing. It is a rose gold shimmer on my skintone but isn't too overwhelming. I apply it with my fingers because the application seems to be smoother and I end up using less. Like everyone else has mentioned it is hard at the beginning because a lot of the product sticks to the lid, but I've just been scraping it off the lid until it is all gone. Why waste product? I haven't had any problems with it creasing, but it does not last me all day (haven't tried it with primer yet). Maybe 4-6 hour wear. It is such a lovely formula though. Easy to go on, very pigmented, haven't had any problems with irritation from it and it looks cute.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2013 1:51:00 PM More reviews by Decobalgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

As I have already professed in my review of the Maybelline Color Tattoos, I love cream shadows. When I heard that these were the softest of the bunch, I leapt and ordered 8 from Walmart. In the jar, these are just about as yummy as cream shadows can get. They have a soft, whipped souffle texture. But they are greasy, slip and slide, crease like nothing else, rub off on everything, never set, and are weakly pigmented. There is no end to how much you can sheer them out. Given their greasy-ass texture, and the weak, non-buildable pigmentation, all of the colors end up looking like slightly different takes on anemic and washed out, with the one unifying characteristic being a greasy eyelids look.

I have learned that perhaps whipped mousse is not the best texture for eyeshadow, even though it sounds and looks so deelish. The pigment to liquid/parabens/grease ratio will not be in your favor. You should know that these arrive with a little plastic mini lid/stopper under the main lid. In all 8 of mine, at least 1/3 of the jar's contents was stuck to the inner stopper and lifted out of the jar with it. The stopper was shoved so deep into the jar that the cream shadow oozed all the way around the outside corners (the stopper is not big enough to completely cover the cream). I noticed a separation of pigment and oil oozing out from around the stopper.

I have also learned that there is a limit to how much blendabilty you want in your cream shadows. These are so creamy and blendable that they backfire on your application (if done with a finger... have not tried using a brush so that might be a better option). You take a tiny dab on your finger and as soon as you put it on your lid, the dab spreads both on your finger and on your lid. The more you dab, the more it spreads on both your finger and lids, continually sheering out, and at the same time spreading on your finger so that it's leaving a larger than intended fingerprint. Now you're spreading not just with the middle tip of your finger, but with your entire fleshy finger and the sides of it. I was getting sheered out crap on the sides of my nose. Thankfully they never set so clean up is a breeze.

These might work if you're looking or a very light, subtle and sheer wash of color. If you dab and spread a very light amount, it is more likely to stay put and not look greasy. Trust me, you will NOT be able to achieve on your lids the gorgeous color that's in the jar, because it will be a goopy greasy slippery mess.

All 8 went back.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 8:41:00 PM More reviews by sandykwm

I never review products but I had to review this product because I certainly think it doesn't deserve the three it has now. I got the orchid, cocoa, and awesome blossom color. Orchid is definitely shimmery with a slight purple base. This color was the least pigmented out of the three. The cocoa color does not have any visible shimmer. It's a dark brown highly pigmented color. Awesome blossom is definitely the standout. It's best described as a much more pigmented and slightly darker Maybelline Color Tattoo version of Pomegranite Punk. It's so pretty! It's $7.98 but I guarantee it will last you a long time. It's a mousse texture so you barely need a drop of it to put on your eyelid. It is blendable. I can't wait to try the other colors.