FLOWER Beauty Color Play Creme Eyeshadow

3.8

Cream eyshadows are something I usually stay away from. But, I saw this at my Wal-Mart for only $5.00 on sale and I figured "why not? I haven't used a cream shadow in awhile.
I use this 3rd in my routine. I place this on my lid only and just sweep a little on with my finger. You only need a little, and it gives a gorgeous metallic glow. Very creamy and soft! Before this, I would normally wet my flat eyeshadow brush and use a light gold shadow and have to pack on a few layers on to achieve a almost 'wet' metallic look on the lid. Until I found this. Now I get same look but, better and with a lot less product and effort. No smell &very smooth on skin. Just felt like a very soft, high quality eyeshadow.

The packaging is beautiful and very sturdy.

Pros:
It doesn't run
Lasts all day.
Fantastic pigmentation.
Glowy metallic sheen with the shade Mar-gold.
Comes with a lot of product because, you don't need to much.
Creamy and soft.
Simply easy.
Cons:
Needs primer.

Without primer, it creases quite quickly and not as pigmented. I use Wet N' Wild's primer by Fergie (my favorite primer in the world!!!)

Love this product. New favorite for me &is now used daily.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have several of these and I LOVE them.

First of all, the packaging is very nice and cute as well. The bottom is made of sturdy, thick glass and the top is made of equally thick plastic.

They eyeshadow itself is a creamy mousse that is very easy to spread and blend. You only need a little (I usually just grab some of what's smeared onto the cap) to cover an entire eyelid, and if you want it to be a little more intense? Grab some more. Some (like the orchid color) are more subtle than the rest, but still make a lovely, shimmery color.

I've worn these several times and can say that they last all day easily. I never need to reapply, and they play nicely with powder shadows when I want to deepen the color. I really like the marigold color, it's a bright shimmery gold, and the black shadow is awesome too - it makes for a really easy smokey eye.

I already have several and want to buy more - I just hope some of the discontinued shades come back.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

While I'm not a snob, I tend to avoid WalMart makeup. But when I heard "cruelty free" and "Barrymore" (I AM a huge fan of not only Drew's work, but all the way back to the works of John, Lionel and Ethel), I made the trek to WalMart and grabbed a few things. And when I used them up, I went back and got more.

The Color Play Creme Eyeshadow in Orchid-ing Around is a favorite. On me it looks greyish and smokey rather than orchid/purple, but that just means I can wear it with anything. And there's a lot of greys I can't wear, but this one works great. It's very easy to work with, I know some reviewers prefer to use their finger, but I use an eyeshadow brush and it's not difficult at all to build it up where you want intensity and sheer it out where you don't. It has a shimmer, but not too glitzy-glittery. The whole effect is very 1920's, like those old photos you see of women with a smokey eye, but with that shiny highlight in the center of the lid. (They probably did that with Vaseline, but we don't have to!) It doesn't crease, and being a creme, I don't get glittery stuff dropping on my cheekbones. It all stays put until I take it off.

The packaging is sturdy. The jar appears to be thick glass, which I love. The lid is plastic, but it's substantial and and it won't crack in your makeup bag. It stays on, too. I'm sure the plastic lid is part of what keeps the price down, so I don't really mind.

Both the product and the packaging are reminiscent of Dolce & Gabbana Perfect Mono Cream Eye Colour, but for a LOT less cost. This is some really nice stuff, not just something you're stuck getting when you're strapped for cash. It's seriously good shadow. I could hit the lottery tomorrow and I'd still keep this shadow around.

I have used this for a few years now. It is beautiful, easy, and forgiving.

The texture of this is super soft and easily spread, very unlike Maybelline's color tattoo eyeshadow (which is also wonderful in its own right). I picked up the color Awesome Blossom, which looks very dark but can be applied as a thin wash of color or built up to a rich pigmented punch. Either way, it is gorgeous. I wasn't sure it would dry at first because it is such a creamy mousse but it didn't take long and a little goes a long way. The stopper keeps the product in the pot well otherwise I could see it seeping out and being a hot mess in no time. It's also likely there to prevent it from drying out from exposure to air between the lid. Just don't press it down too firmly and it shouldn't be a problem. While I like the shade Awesome Blossom (how cute is that name?!), I will pick up a Wild Geranium next. It wasn't in stock when I was at Walmart but will definitely try again as the reviews on it (especially the swatches) look beautiful. Like the Color Tattoo shadow, this can be worn alone or as a base. I'm loving the cream to powder shadows! But a must for me is the eyelid primer (Wet n Wild Fergie Take on the Day) to control creasing, etc. Without it no eyeshadow, mascara or liner stands a chance against my oily hooded lids.

I love these! They last all day and they're super pigmented. I have three colors: Midnight Garden & Orchid-Ing Around (which I like to wear together) and Flirty Floret. They layer really well and don't get cakey or too thick. The consistency is smoother than expected. The look is a very beautiful metallic foil. I reach for these almost everyday.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I bought this at Walmart. I've been looking for 2 years for the right cream eyeshadow. I purchased the Mar-Gold color and it's perfect! This is a light apricot gold color. What I like so much is that it gives a glow with no sparkles. I'm in my late 40's so am careful about too much shimmer. This has shimmer but it's it's a glow vs a sparkle. Does not accentuate crepey eyelids and does not make them feel dry. I wear this alone when I;m in a rush and put a deep purple over it for evening. Looks especially nice if you dab a bit in the inner eye corners. And it also stays on...perfect!!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I'm 49 with crepey eyelids and I LOVE these shadows... Very soft and moussy, sheer and easy to apply without any tugging...much better than the Maybelline Color Tattoos. Really wish Walmart carried all the colors...dig around in the some of the clearance bins...I'm finding them there.. I have the orchid, the willow green, the pale yellow green ( surprisingly pretty on my blue/green eyes) the white and the geranium.

I have the mari-gold color. I absolutely love this. I use it as a base and it blends well. It really makes my eyes pop and it lasts all day. This was one of my favorites for the Flower Beauty haul.

This cream shadow is the best that I've tried and at a fantastic price point! It is soft, sort of a mousse texture, which makes it easy to apply. Over primer it wears well for the entire day, but does crease a little on the inner part of my eye lid after a few hours. I can live with this, I just use my finger to fix it and it looks fine. What I like most though is that the shimmer in this doesn't end up all over my face, a problem I have with most shades of BB's cream shadows.

Top Rated FLOWER Beauty Products