FLOWER Beauty Color Play Creme Eyeshadow

3.4

on 2/19/2015 8:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I'm 49 with crepey eyelids and I LOVE these shadows... Very soft and moussy, sheer and easy to apply without any tugging...much better than the Maybelline Color Tattoos. Really wish Walmart carried all the colors...dig around in the some of the clearance bins...I'm finding them there.. I have the orchid, the willow green, the pale yellow green ( surprisingly pretty on my blue/green eyes) the white and the geranium.

on 1/17/2015 11:47:00 AM

I have the mari-gold color. I absolutely love this. I use it as a base and it blends well. It really makes my eyes pop and it lasts all day. This was one of my favorites for the Flower Beauty haul.

on 11/23/2014 7:05:00 PM

This cream shadow is the best that I've tried and at a fantastic price point! It is soft, sort of a mousse texture, which makes it easy to apply. Over primer it wears well for the entire day, but does crease a little on the inner part of my eye lid after a few hours. I can live with this, I just use my finger to fix it and it looks fine. What I like most though is that the shimmer in this doesn't end up all over my face, a problem I have with most shades of BB's cream shadows.

on 8/10/2014 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have to say that I love this product. Plus it's cruelty free! I keep going back to buy more colors. The packaging is a bit strange. It's got a stopper like a L'oreal Infallible shadow but because of the very soft mousse texture it tends to get messy but whatever. Reading reviews I thought that it would be similar in texture to ELF long lustrous shadows or maybe Maybelline dream bouncy blush but it's not. It's much more creamy(almost liquidy). I bought these to replace my Maybelline color tattoos and these are totally different. But they blend like a dream and last all day. I was nervous they'd fade or crease because of the texture and ease wild which they blend but they don't(though it should be noted that I have dry skin and my lids aren't oily). I use these as bases or on their own. I have Wild Geranium, Good as Marigold, Flirty Flourette, and Awesome Blossom. Wild Geranium is my favorite. It's a soft champagne pink that reminds me of Stilla's Kitten but in a cream form. Overall I wish the packaging was a little different and I wish my Walmart had more colors because I want them all!

on 7/7/2014 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Love it! No animal testing! I have Good as Mari-gold - it's a shimmery light yellow-gold and it makes my brown eyes POP! Great with a tan! I'm a big fan of cream eyeshadows but haven't found a good one (with good shades) since Revlon Eye Glide was discontinued years ago. FLOWER has a creamy consistency, is very blendable and buildable, doesn't dry too quickly like some do (then you end up pulling on your lids, trying to spread it like caulk!). It lasts over 8 hours without creasing on my oily eyelids. I use it fairly sparingly. It's pretty concentrated - I just use a dab, dot it onto my eyelid with my ring finger, then spread it around for a great, natural look. Looks great with a bright lip! And FLOWER doesn't test on animals...and is made in the USA!

on 6/15/2014 11:02:00 PM

This shadow is absolutely amazing. AMAZING!

I bought Awesome Blossom and Orchid-ing Around. I didn't have high expectations and after reading negative reviews here thought I had wasted my money, but I cannot say enough good things about these shadows.

Both sparkle and make my green eyes pop. I think these two shades are universally flattering. Awesome Blossom is a rich wine shade with a tinge of reddish/purple. Trust me, it's much prettier than my description. The shade would look beautiful on blue and hazel eyes. Orchid-ing Around is a smoky, purplish gray. It's gorgeous on green/hazel eyes.

Let me address some comments that may make you hesitate to buy these eyeshadows. Yes, they're thick. But the color pay-off is incredible and a little goes a long way. The shadow wasn't hard for me to work with. I suggest applying with your fingers instead of a brush. I start with a small dab on my ring finger and tap/softly blend it over my lid then blend it out above and around the crease with my pinky. Put on a coat or two of mascara and DONE! My eyes just glow. No need for a highlighter shade or liner.
I think the stopper helps prevent the shadow from drying out. It doesn't bother me at all.
This shadow did not smear, crease in my lids or feel greasy. And I live in the hot, humid South. Makeup literally runs off your face here. These shadows lasted all day -- without primer. The color doesn't transfer. I fell asleep, woke up with pillow creases all over my face, but no shadow on the pillow case. The shadow was still perfectly in place. It made it through a bike ride AFTER that.
I plan to stock up on these and buy more shades.

on 5/10/2014 9:32:00 PM

I picked up (3) different colors of this cream/gel eyeshadow since I read some pretty good reviews on a few different blogs. First let me state that the packaging on this one is a little weird, I don't really get the whole stopper thing as it just made a mess out of two of the three shadow pots. The first thing I did was clean them off and toss them in the trash!

I purchased "Rest on your Laurels", "Wild Geraniums", and "Orchid-ing Around". All three are gorgeous colors but while they look very pigmented in the pot they really only give a wash of color. The texture is very whipped and mousse-like and they blend easily, but again there is not a lot of color pay-off here.

I do like these for a simple, more casual look on days I don't want to put too much effort into my make-up. I will say that "Wild Geranium" works great as a gorgeous, sheer bronzer on my cheeks and "Rest on your Laurels" works as a beautiful highlighter, so these two are great multitasking products in my book.

on 12/8/2013 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This eyeshadow looks like a mouse, very very thick, goopy looking and I have heard and read some reviews that don't like it because of this fact. DON'T let that deter you from this product. It is made this way for a reason. Truly a LITTLE bit goes a LONG way. I mean, I don't see why a pod shouldn't last a whole lifetime, really. Because of the texture it glides on smoothly, blends beautifully, and I promise it does NOT crease...you might fear this when you see the texture,but really it does not. This is the only eyeshadow I ever use now. I will never go back to a powder eyeshadow after finding something so beautiful, easy, and affordable. I didn't give it 5 lip pies for the packaging because I wish it were a hinge like their creme blushes, but oh well. The little white stopper in the bottle is great for actually getting some of the product...I just put my finger on the stopper instead of in the jar because a little bit goes that far so I like the stopper mainly for that reason.

I have time willow tell (green), orchiding around (purply dark bluish), awesome blossom (brown, neutral color), and mums the word (pink). All absolutely beautiful.

on 12/1/2013 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought this because of course I wanted to see what flower cosmetics had to offer .the colors were beautiful so i decided on wild geranium i was really excited about this and on how pretty it would look but it's so sheer the consistency is liquidly and once you start to blend it out it disappears.wish they redo this product .definitely won't purchase this again :|

on 3/26/2013 3:01:00 PM

Really disappointed by this shadow. Orchid-ing Around looks like a gorgeous metallic, glittery purple-silver-taupe in the pot, and the packaging itself looks really nice and high end. Application is a nightmare, though. The product goes on so sheer you can hardly tell it's there, and it blends so well that it goes all over the place and sheers out to nothing. It feels like it never really sets. To get any color payoff at all I had to carefully apply 3 layers with a stiffer brush, and then I set that with an eye shadow over top. Even doing this, with a primer underneath, my crease ate all of the color after maybe 6 hours.

Really glad I only bought one shade. It's just too bad I already trashed the receipt.