July 31, 2014 | 1451 users online

Concealers - Essence - match2cover! cream concealer

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2014 10:23:00 AM More reviews by tinacook

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

i love the packaging on this product, its reminds me of a cheaper versio of bobbi brown, the product inside however is not the greatest, its creamy and blendable the pigmintation is average but the lasting power sucks! i would put this on in the morning and it wouldnt be there at all when i got to school like an hour later! but i like the fact that you get 2 shades.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2014 1:25:00 AM More reviews by Susie0205

The good thing is it is so cheap! The quality worth the money, but I don't like it. It is creamy but as under eye concealer, it will set into my fine line. As blemish concealer it will easily be rubbed off(not dry as normal blemish concealer) overall I won't purchase again even though it is cheap

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2014 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Dwaryy

I love this concealer, easy to apply and goes well with my skin tone! Perfect!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2014 5:25:00 PM More reviews by alwayshine14

I heard about this concealer duo from eleventhgorgeous on youtube and I wanted to like this really badly because it has such a low price and it's customizable by mixing the two shades together. Unfortunately, I just didn't like it at all...it had no lasting power even if I set it with a powder and it made me under eye circles look greyish even when i mixed both the shades together in different amounts. I tried for weeks to like this but it was just not good. It was greasy, it settled into lines underneath my eyes (I'm 15, so I don't have many but this product just accentuated them), it didn't cover blemishes and only looked meh under the eyes. I like essence's stick concealer better if you want something with a really low price, it has better coverage and a better finish but doesn't last long on the skin either. I like the concept but the product could be greatly improved.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by jingyi1752010

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Pros:
-Two shades
-Cheap
-Creamy, good for blemishes

Cons:
- Settles into fine lines
-No other shades

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2013 11:47:00 PM More reviews by WendyTran

Wow this product really amazed me! I have tried several other concealers that are more expensive ( I usually use concealer for my dark circles), and I was always disappointed with them. This concealer is a miracle for me!

Pros:
-Very cheap!
-You can combine 2 colors (I only use the darker one, which is still quite pale for my skin, but its the perfect shade for dark circles!)
-Good coverage, even if the consistency isn't thick
-Does not look like I put concealer (it is natural!)
-With the packaging (little "jars"), you won't waste any product (Not sure if its comprehensible xD )
-Nice creamy texture

Cons:
-Only one choice of color : It wont work for darker skin tones. Even for me, I am not very dark, but the darker shade is still too light for my skin. That is why I only use it for dark circles)
-It does not stay all day for me...(Maybe because I do not apply a powder on top)

I still love this product :) I recommend it for lighter skinned girls or at the limit, medium tone for only dark circles.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2013 5:05:00 PM More reviews by DrGMart

Decided to try this when I saw it in Shoppers - but only one shade! Even though it says you can mix the two colours to create your ideal shade, I'm darker than both colours. When I use it, it is very creamy and lightweight, and coverage is decent. It's ok at covering up dark circles, and I have to apply a darker powder on top because of how light it is. Would recommend if there were better colours available...

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2013 1:28:00 AM More reviews by Vonnity

Decided to give this a go as it was really affordable and eleventhgorgeous on YouTube have raved about this. The yellow side matches my skin perfectly. I've used it for about a month and its finishing soon (it could be a bad thing but it's satisfying when I finish a product so I don't mind :X) I use the other shade as a highlight just because I don't want to waste it.

I like the consistency, it's really creamy and surprisingly not thick for a cream product. It doesn't have strong coverage, just light to kinda medium, but I just like it for small blemishes because it doesn't cake on the face. It does, however, cake under the eyes so it's not an under eye concealer for me. It smells like rubber, but it's not that repulsive to me and the scent doesn't last so it's fine. Packaging is okay, pretty compact and easy to open, no complains there. I will repurchase if I can't find another concealer that matches me. Overall, an okay concealer. Good for the price, consistency and the colour. Needs better coverage!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2013 7:22:00 AM More reviews by lightdovequeen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have to say I bought this after reading all the positive reviews. This product left me so disappointed. The good thing is that I only payed a little bit. It is still frustrating though.
Pros (sort of...): The colors are ok for my fair skin, I have to admit. Pigmentation is not very strong. Coverage would be light to medium. Consistence is creamy-buttery.
Cons: It did not cover my very dark, purplish circles at all. Now the terrible part: somehow this concealer managed to crease, into my very fine lines, between my application of it and my trying to set it with powder. That is I think a little bit to fast :) I tried it multiple times, with and without moisturiser. Still the same result. Ah, I forgot to mention that it streaked like crazy and I could by no means get it to blend evenly.
Conclusion: I quickly went out and bought my trusty Ideal Flawless concealer from Avon, which is much better (although a bit dry and hard to blend). At present I am waiting for the delivery of the famed Concealer 2000, since I decided for some time to switch to liquid concealer.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2013 4:09:00 AM More reviews by ChubbyBunny3698

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow! Wow! Wow! Essence, you really impressed me! After the horrible breakup with Maybelline's Fit Me concealer (I have done a review on that), I kinda gave up hope on drugstore concealers. For such a dirt cheap price, creamy, smooth consistency and decent coverage, BARGAIN!

As reference: I'm a NW20 with combo/oily/ blemish-prone and some dryness on my nose.

Why I bought this and my experience with it:
After reading all the positive review on this concealer, the next day I went to my local Priceline and bought the concealer. This is probably my 3 week using this product and I've already hit pan, only a little bit of product left in the pan. I love how the concealer is so creamy and blendable. The left pan on the duo cream concealer is a neutral tone light NC20 shade and on the right pan is pink tone NC10 shade. It says to blend the two shades together, but I prefer to use the two shades separately. I use the neutral tone shade to conceal my stubborn pimple and pimple scars and the peachy pink tone shade as a faced brightener to highlight the area under my eyes. However, this does not conceal my visible pores. Unlike the description the website gave me about this concealer being high coverage, I disagree, this have a nice light to medium, natural coverage. It fades within 2 hours without any setting powder or primer.

Pros:
*Affordability (only AUD$4.25 RRP at my local Priceline)
*Creamy, emollient consistency, which is easy to blend
*Simple and portable packaging

Cons:
*Disappear on skin with 2 hours with combo/oily skin
*Only comes in one shade
*Does not conceal pores

Ways to use it:
With the peachy pink tone shade I swatch it on the center of my forehead, down the bridge of my nose, on my cheekbone, on the inner corner and the center of my eyes, on my brow bone and directly on my cupid bow, this trick is wonderful in bringing in light to the center of the face and giving an appearance of a youthful and fresh look, perfect for everyday. Since this concealer is quite creamy and emollient but leaves a semi-matte finish, it will slip and slide if you have oily skin and if you have dry patches, please use a good moisturizer or primer beforehand, as this will settle into dry patches and a loose/pressed powder of your choice afterwards to ensure the creamy consistency would move around.

Ingredients:
OCTYLDODECANOL, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, DIMETHICONE, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, DIISOSTEARYL MALATE, TALC, MAGNESIUM SILICATE, CERA MICROCRISTALLINA (MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX), CARNAUBA (COPERNICIA CERIFERA) WAX, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, COCOS NUCIFERA (COCONUT) OIL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALUMINA, GLYCERIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE).

Repurchase:Yes!
Thank you for reading my review, hope you find this helpful :) Have a nice day!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No