October 31, 2014 | 1748 users online

Lip Gloss - MAC - Feelin' So Good

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by sweetmalinche

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Debuted with the Feb 2013 Archie's Girls collection. MAC described this as a deep blackened plum. It is a indeed a blacked plum, but there are some red and brown tones in there, too, that prevent it from just being a very dark, cool-toned purple. I didn't intend on purchasing this because I already have MAC's Pro Longwear "Dark As Night" (DAN) and it looked very similar. However, since I love very dark lip colors, I picked this up. Although it looks exactly like "Dark As Night" in the tube, "Feelin' So Good" (FSG) is actually more red and brown than DAN; DAN is more purple and deeper in tone than FSG. FSG also looked similar to Estee Lauder's Pure Color Gloss in "Midnight Bloom" (MB); but MB is even redder and has burgandy red shimmer; FSG looks more purple and brown in comparison to MB and does not have shimmer. The color itself is pretty and pigmented enough to be worn alone on the lips, which is why I gave it a 4. MAC lip glasses are sticky, which knocked it down a lippie. Because of licensing issues, this item was more expensive than a lip glass in "regular" MAC packaging, so I think that the price is too much especially considering that Veronica's face (which caused the price increase) will eventually wear off. I gave the packaging 3 lippies because, as I said, the cutest part of the gloss packaging (Veronica's face) will rub off. Despite all of this, I would repurchase this item because FSG is more flattering on my skintone (MAC NC 30/35) than either DAN or MB because of the red and brown undertones lurking in the color.