Revlon Super Lustrous Creme - Wine with Everything 525

Price: $

Price: $

on 10/11/2015 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I love the Creme versions of the Super Lustrous lipsticks, but I really didn't like this particular shade. It's not really a wine at all, it's more of a weird mix of pinky orangey red. It just didn't work with my cool skin tone. The finish is great though; it applies like a dream and is long-lasting.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine

This review is- for, as the previous review states, for the creme version of Wine With Everything-#525. I am now of the opinion, that Revlon lipsticks are BETTER than MAC. Not only are they cheaper, but the colors are better on me-and they aren't as dry. I picked up this one, based on its reviews under the Wine With Everything that is a duplicate of this one, but, I do not believe that all of those reviews posted are for the crème. Some of therm may be for the Pearl version. This one is not a winner for me. The shade only. It is just too orange-or brown. It may work for many others. The pigmentation is great, and for $4.99-Revlon can't be beat! I will continue to use MAC lip liners, which at the moment, I own only one. The "Brick" & I love it! Anyway,this shade I would not repurchase and am returning it. I just got it last night. Please look for my other reviews on Revlon lipsticks. L'Oreal's contain just too much lead & I do not feel that they have any shade that I can't find equal to, or achieve by combining Revlon lipsticks. And, even a buck saved is essential for me!

on 2/14/2013 11:30:00 AM

This review is for the Wine with Everything, the Creme version, number #525, not the Pearl version #520. I hate the SL Pearl finish, which is one of the reasons for giving the Creme (but love the Creme) it's own review. I wish there was a way to clean up the other Wine with Everything review to separate the two, but I don't know how that would get done. Hopefully, this will help.

Me: NW20, almost black hair, brown eyes, rosey brown lips When I finally buy Wine with Everything because I finally realized the Pearl finish wasn't the only option...and it did exist in a Creme finish, I tried it on. It is much more of a red shade than the Pearl (but still falling into the wine shade feel (w/ a slight brown tone)). It was so easy and wearable. I like it better than Really Red (mind you it skews a bit more wine/burgandy than red than these shades) but it works! It is deeper bolder. But as far as bold lips goes, this is a very seductive red to me. Final thought - If you were like me and avoided this shade because you thought it only came in that frosty Pearl and get the Creme one! I got mine at Target.

Recommended for Medium Skin