Rimmel Scandaleyes Shadow Stick - Witness White

3.8

on 6/22/2014 4:43:00 AM

I personally really like this product. I have it in Guilty Grey. I recieved it for free as part of a special offer so I wasn't expecting much, but this is perfect for a smoky eyeliner or for a dramatic look. It goes on creamy and easily. I have worn it to a festival and it didn't budge at all even though I was wiping at my eyes and sweating a lot. I would recommend this.

on 11/16/2013 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I got this in Bad to the Bronze. I love the colour-- it's the perfect brown for a natural look if you have medium-dark skin. The pencil breaks really easily though, and since it's a chubby stick, you need a 2 in 1 sharpener for this product.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Witness white is a pretty, pure white color. I used the stick on my waterline and so far it's been a good eyeliner. A couple of my gripes with this stick, as the previous reviewer said, the tip of product fell out if too much pressure is applied. Also, sharpening is a b#% on this stick. It felt like I was trying to sharpen plastic, the product's length itself feels like its made out of plastic.

on 2/14/2013 11:41:00 AM

I saw this new display at my local Walmart and thought I would try one out as I really enjoy cream shadows and I was intrigued by the claim of being a long wearing product that according to Rimmel would last 24 hours. I purchased Witness White, a bright shimmery cool toned white.
The texture of this eyeshadow stick is very creamy, soft, and blends easily without tugging or pulling at the delicate eye area. The pigmentation is really good and quite opaque.
In terms of wear I didn't leave it on for 24 hours to test out that claim, but I did a few of my own 'how I wear my make-up' tests. Applied directly onto the eyelid I found this creased immediately, applied over top of a primer no creasing, and applied over top of a primer and set with eyeshadow again no creasing. Bare in mind I have hooded eyes and semi-oily eyelids. In terms of wear time this shadow stick paired with a primer and set with shadow lasted all day without fading or creasing compared to wearing it alone over top of a primer I found it started to fade within 8 hours. I additionally tried applying this to the water line, luckily nor irritation, but only lasted 2 hours.
After using this shadow stick for awhile I will have to say I won't repurchase, nor will I try other colours from this collection. The biggest complaints I personally have with this product is the packaging. I found the tip broke off frequently during application due to the softness of the formula and this pencil needs to be sharpened. The sharpening in itself is quite a process as I needed to put quite a bit of effort and muscle into sharpening this pencil. lol! Seriously the toughest pencil I've ever sharpened!
Personally I prefer my cream shadows to come in either a retractable pencil form or a pot for ease and convenience. Also Rimmel's Witness White is identical with Maybelline's Color Tattoo 24hr Cream Gel Shadow in Too Cool. When swatched side by side I seriously couldn't tell the difference.