October 22, 2014 | 1834 users online

Blush - Physicians Formula - Sexy Booster Sexy Glow Blush - Natural

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2014 10:11:00 AM More reviews by cathykl

My skin: Combination, clog-prone and sensitive to many fragrance ingredients (mainly essential oils). Warm golden and olive skintone, NC40-42 in MAC SFF/5.0 in MatchMaster, or MUFE HD in #153 Golden Honey.

I use the PF's Mineral Wear blush in "Natural" which I love, so I decided to give this a try. It's not for my skin though - the pigmentation is a lot more sheer than the Mineral Wear blushes, basically it is like a sheer wash of shimmer on my skin so can only be used over another blush. I also didn't think the scent would be so strong - it's a very sweet vanilla with a hint of something slightly citrusy, almost like bergamot? I'm not sure but it's overly cloying and I can smell it for hours which is over-kill for make-up in my opinion. I've tried using it a few times, and each time I end up washing it off after 2-3 hours because the smell is so strong (and plus the actual colour starts to fade. . .)

Pros:
- nice soft sheer colour without garish shimmer
- affordable (and PF's is frequently on sale)
- easy to blend powder

Cons:
- not as long lasting as other PF blushes (eg: Mineral Wear) and not as pigmented
- scent is very strong and cloying
- colour is not pigmented enough to show up on medium-deep or deeper skin tones

Repurchase/Recommend? I won't repurchase.I think this might work better for those with lighter skin, who are not sensitive to scent, and don't mind some shimmer and rather sheer colour. Anyone over NC35ish - this likely won't show up.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2014 6:05:00 PM More reviews by LilMissMatched

I really love this product. It is a definite re-purchase as I have went through several compacts of this blush. It is phenomenal for a drugstore buy, and at $10 you can't beat Physicians Formula Sexy Booster Blush. I get it in Natural. I am medium-olive complected, and although I have somewhat oily/combo skin, I love the light shimmer in this product. I dust it across my cheekbones on top of my bareMinerals bronzer and across the bridge of my nose.
It is a very silky and smooth consistency, and the sweet, marshmallow scent is delicious! My boyfriend loves the way it smells too and I get many compliments from him when I wear it.
Also, an added bonus is the cute, girly packaging. It's very appealing in every aspect and although I use it as a highlighter more than a blush, it rivals many high-end designer blushes at a fraction of the price and the availability of it can't be beat! I have repurchased and will continue to do so.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2014 4:51:00 PM More reviews by Willow229

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm very fair and a reluctant new user to blush so I wanted to start with something very soft and sheer. This smells, at first sniff, a bit like vanilla but after you wear it a while it ends up having a bit of a citrus-y quality to it. It DOES, I want to emphasize, have a strong fragrance, so if that is not your cup of tea you will hate this. It is extremely noticeable.

The color is similar to, though not exactly like, that ever-so-famous NARS blush we are all aware of the name of. It's a shimmery peach that gives your cheeks a bit of gleam. Because I'm fair, it gives me a healthy, flushed glow. On someone with a darker complexion, this may almost end up looking more like a highlighter than a blush. It's that light. It's also not "super pigmented" but I like that--I'm sort of scared of anything that will be too bright, so be aware that it is very subtle, and sort of sheer, but the coverage is buildable.

The packaging is cute but not very practical--I don't take it with me anywhere but it doesn't close very securely so it wouldn't be something I'd want to carry with me in a handbag. Plus, it's big and clunky because of a compartment on the back to hold a completely worthless brush I ended up tossing. (I apply it with a EcoTools complexion brush).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 8:48:00 PM More reviews by dladymuse

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my HG blush! The colour is really natural. Actually a lovely peach colour that works beautifully with my warm undertones. My skin is type 2 and I normally wear shades like Classic Ivory if you want a skin tone reference. There is no ugly melting of this blush on my oily skin either in the mid day.

The smell is divine! Its a warm vanilla scent. It's so subtle but so comforting and puts me in a nice mood :) I don't need to wear any extra perfume. I just love, love this scent and it's great for work and I work in a scent free environment. There is also a lady I work with who is ultra sensitive to scents and she didn't complain about it. As for the sexy boosting aphrodisiac properties, does it work? Well I have 5 men who flirt with me on a daily basis! I don't flirt with them, so maybe they are picking up on it. After a while I can't smell it anymore, so who knows :)

I've not noticed any rash or any skin problems using this blush and I have sensitive skin. I don't think PF puts any parabens in their products and I believe it is gluten free also. The mascara is paraben and gluten free from this line, so maybe the blush is too, but I've long lost the outer packaging.

I've now hit pan with my blush and it's very rare for me to hit pan with any of my makeup!

This blush comes with it's own brush, but I don't use as part of my regular application. Just go with whatever soft blush brush you have and you're good to go. I keep the blush brush on the back of the pkg (the other side flips open with a brush compartment and a mirror) just in case I need to touch up while I'm out, but haven't really found that to be an issue.

I just adore the whole sexy booster line and I'll definitely be repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 1:36:00 PM More reviews by begxforxmercy

I love this beautiful blush. the perfect healthy, sexy, flushed look. my cheeks look glowy, dewy & rosy. very natural but you can also build up the blush to create a more dramatic look. I can definitely see myself wearing this blush throughout the year. I am so pleased with the sensation vanilla scent. obsessed would be the word to describe my love a for this blush.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 12:46:00 AM More reviews by FoxyTina

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am on my second package of this, and I have a backup waiting! I find myself reaching for this over my more expensive blushes. It has just enough sheen for my 54-year-old cheeks, and just enough color. I apply with an Elf small stippling brush, then blend with a larger fluffy brush. I go through it rather fast because it gets the most use! Also, I love the smell of it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 12:25:00 AM More reviews by kiLLz0MBiEz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

love this.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2014 10:32:00 AM More reviews by Mivina

This blush smells amazing! The brush is somewhat useful... I don't use the brush with the blush but I can contour with it! I was sad the shoe worm away fast. This blush is a bit sheer and has sparkles and I think it gives off a gorgeous healthy glow. The packaging is so cute. The claims it has is a little funny but I doubt it makes you feel "sexy". I love nearly everything about this blush but I wish it was a little bit more pigmented. Good job PF!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2014 12:55:00 PM More reviews by Dabsykins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really love the cute packaging on this product. And it also has a nice subtle perfume smell to it. I guess that's the sexy booster component to it. As for the actual product..., not a fan. It barely shows up at all. And I really hate the glitter overspray physician formula does. I'm light to medium skin tone. I spent like $18 for this and it doesn't get used. Maybe I could use it as a highlight or put a bit of this over another blush for the smell??? Just not impressed.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2014 1:18:00 AM More reviews by nmills81

Way to light...I have fair to medium skin tone and you can barely see this when applied...very disappointed