October 24, 2014 | 884 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eye Studio Master Duo Glossy Liquid Liner Bronze Shimmer

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 1:16:00 AM More reviews by Retrohousewife

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this better than any of the expensives eyeliners at the cosmetics counter at the mall. It is waterproof, smudge proof, lasts all day, and washes off easily with just warm water. I like a retro cat eye look and this is perfect for creating it everyday! I have it in brown, black, green, and blue. All beautiful!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2013 11:58:00 AM More reviews by KatWKSF

I agree with the other reviewers that this product is most definitely thin & runny. I have always worn black eyeliner and my favorites are the felt-tip pen ones from Loreal. I never realized how difficult it was (at least in my stores) to find a brown colored liquid eyeliner. This was one of the only ones they had. I especially wanted one that was BROWN, not brown-black. I was hesitant due to the awkward looking bottle, and different applicator than I'm used to. My hesitation was warranted; the applicator sucks. I do not GET the point of the little ball on the end. Add to that the extremely runny texture, and forget it. It's very difficult to apply without being very heavy-handed. I will keep looking for a store that carries a brown color liquid eyeliner with my preferred felt-tip applicator. This will get tossed out when I do.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2013 11:14:00 PM More reviews by sinik

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Love the formula of this liner in Bronze Shimmer. Reminds me of Milani Infiniti liquid, only less thick and gloppy. Once this dries it stays put, and my lids run to the oily side, many formulas transfer on me. I find this to be a medium-dark brown, slightly shiny (not sparkly) when dry. As far as I can tell, the best way to use the applicator is to run it across your favorite liner brush. I will probably end up cutting off the rounded tip and using the applicator that way, I usually like the tapered conical sponge applicators. The liquid itself works well for me, you do have to shake well before applying, you get a few seconds before it dries to clean up any mistakes, and I have been very happy with the wear time, lasts all day for me with no smudging, flaking of transfer. It seems to remove best with dual-phase remover, creamy and oily cleansers don't work well, once it loosens up it tends to come off in one big clump.

I have seen reviews of the color (blue, green, purple) formulas saying they are watery and transparent. I do not find that to be the case with the bronze (brown), although I have run into that problem with other liquid liners.