November 24, 2014 | 1653 users online

Lips - New York Color - Applelicious Lip Balm

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2014 11:23:00 AM More reviews by jen5276

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was surprised to see the low rating for these..I love them! I picked one up on a whim last summer and have bought three more since...I like the smell and I feel they do a decent job of moisturizing my lips. I purchased Apple Blueberry Pie, Pink Lady (my fave) and Big Apple Red....For the price, you can't beat it. The color also stays on pretty good, better than some more expensive brands. Love them!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2014 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Jillsmith

I own this product in Applelicious Pink. For the price, I think that it is pretty good quality. It gives my pale skin a nice bit of color. I like the smell and taste - kind of sweet and apple-y. It would be even better if it had SPF, but maybe that is asking too much at this price!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2014 11:26:00 PM More reviews by Jaylakent

This was recommended as a summer have in Cosmo - I bought them on a whim. I purchased caramel apple and garnet gala. The caramel apple barely showed and garnet gala was darker, but both seemed to setlle in the fine lines of my lips. The effect after an hour or two was that dry cheap lipstick feeling I remember from purchasing cheap lipstick in the 80's. I will not be purchasing these again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2014 4:04:00 PM More reviews by ichigocutie

Uggghhh....I fell for the cute packaging (the little apple) but I dislike the formula and the scent. Being a sorta hybrid lip product it's supposed to act as a lip balm also but it dried my lips even more and made my lips looked awful.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2014 12:47:00 AM More reviews by softchaos

ugh. I got the goldenish one and it was awful. it accentuates all the dryness on my lips and looks so bad I can't even wear it long enough to comment on its effectiveness as a balm. skip this.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2014 8:40:00 AM More reviews by berke

this is a one cheap lip balm so i don't expect a good packaging.Colors are great and looks good on lips BUT the smell... and the taste.. just disgusting. Apple smell is sooo heavy and artificial and the taste is just unbearable.I like the formula and the texture actually I wouldn't care about the smell and the taste if it wasn't that bad.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2014 2:51:00 AM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think these are fun - bright pinky red tubes, plenty of product and a little core (heh) of cute apple shaped goodness in the centre. The have a decent texture, not too waxy or slippery so they feel nice on and they might retain moisture OK but they don't actually moisturize super effectively. Still as long as you reapply them while needed, they'll leave your lips soft and smooth with a very sheer hint of colour.
Applelicious Pink - barely (barely!) there sheer nude pink
Apple Blossom - soft warm rosy pink
Apple Blueberry Pie - cool berry mauve
Garnet Gala - shimmery warm metallic red
Apple Plum Pie - clean, neutral raspberry plum
These all have a pleasant artificial apple fragrance, I quite like it but it's definitely synthetic - think apple jelly lollies, sweet, not sour. The caps are clear and I'm not quite sure why they need to be so long for 3.5g of actual balm stick but they're definitely bigger and chunkier than a standard tube of Chapstick if you're going to be lugging them around, so that's something to keep in mind.
They're not HG by any means, but a nice, possibly quirky little option!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2014 12:34:00 AM More reviews by adrenirushxaudri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this in "Raspberry Sorbet" and I got this thinking, "there's raspberry and apple in the name, this should smell amazing," but not so much. Aside from a waxy and otherwise nonexistent scent, this little guy is alright for the price and the results. This particular one is part of the City Bloom collection and it's a medium pink shade around the outside and the (adorable) little apple in the middle is a paler pink. Again, no taste and almost no scent, bummer, but the color comes off as a nice "my lips but better" shade. For a cheap, quick, and cute lip-balm/lip-tint to throw in your purse? It works really nicely. For the price, there is a good amount of product and in most newer displays, there's a coupon attached you can use for your purchase. These sort of remind me of the Maybelline Baby Lips in texture, but less shiny (a good thing, in my opinion) and the scent isn't prevalent. I may pick up another if a different color perks my interest the next time I see them, but overall, an okay buy. Wear time is just like most balms - an hour or two then reapplication is a necessary but a breeze.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 3:29:00 PM More reviews by Mooberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received this for christmas and I am addicted. Never thought I would be but I really am! It's been 2 months and I never ever go anywhere without my lip balm which is still going strong. I love how subtle it is and how the colour is slightly but not overly buildible I highly recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 12:30:00 PM More reviews by Roaringtempest

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the fragrance and presentation of these- the apple in the middle is adorable. All of the colours are more subtle than lipsticks- they are tinted lip balms after all. The colour selection is decent. Blushing Golden, Pink Lady and Big Apple Red all caught my eye. I went with the latter, and I may not buy Pink Lady after reading the reviews. Blushing Golden however I will buy for softer looks and I may post an update here.

The wear of these is the same as all of the other tinted balms I've tried- 1-2 hours. Price was inexpensive, it was about $2.49 at my local Walmart. Leaves my lips feeling smooth and soft afterwards.

The colour of Big Apple Red is not exactly what I expected, but in a good way. I was worried it would be too red against my porcelain skin but it's much more subtle. It still pops, but the coral colour in the middle subdues the red a bit. It gives my lips a fresh, healthy, flushed look. It can be built up a bit, if you so desire.

5/5 lippies. My new favourite lip balm. I think most of the mixed reviews are due to colour choice; from what I've read Big Apple Red and Applelicious Pink are the strongest tints.