New York Color Applelicious Lip Balm

3.4

on 3/1/2015 6:22:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I have seen these for years, but have never really been tempted to buy them. Then recently they were 50% off at Rite Aid and I bought a whole bunch! Because what's the risk when they're $1.50 each?

My favorites are Apple Plum Pie and Big Apple Red. Apple Plum Pie is a lovely plummy mauve color and I think a great MLBB. The red is more red, obviously, but still subtle. Either of these could be applied without a mirror.

They feel nicely balmy. I don't know whether there is actual hydration, but I look to a balm to protect my lips more than anything else, and these do that fine. There is a slight apple-candy smell when I apply. I don't like it, but I don't hate it, and in any case it doesn't last long.

These are not really in the category of balm stains, because there's no staining or lasting color. I will say, there are plenty of more expensive brands doing the same thing (Tarte, for example) and this product is just as good. (But so, so cheap!)

on 2/13/2015 9:51:00 PM

I just learned that Rite Aid is no longer carrying the NYC make up line so I rushed out to buy 4 of these beauties- caramel apple, garnet apple, apple blossom and big apple red. I love them all. The taste, the smell, the colors and how they make my lips feel. Smooth gliding formula, non-feathering and matches my rather pale complexion perfectly.

on 12/10/2014 4:42:00 PM

This beats up Baby Lips and steals its lunch money lol. I have this in Pink Lady and not only is the color lovely (a subtle pink shade on me, which is exactly what I was looking for) but it moisturizes my lips like nothing else, and lasts a lot longer than most lip balms I've tried. And did I mention I only paid $2.74 at Walmart? I will definitely repurchase.

on 11/24/2014 5:16:00 PM

The negative reviews on this one really surprise me. I really enjoy this product. I bought this in Pink Lady probably a year ago she. they first came out. and it was a staple in my purse. I just picked up Apple Plum Pie and that one is for sure my nee favorite. Keep in mind this is a lip balm, not a lip stick, or balm stain. It isn't meant to be super duper pigmented like the expert last lipsticks or intense lip crayons. This product gives my lips a nice touch of color, shine, and moisture. It smells great and feels really nice on my lips. It's a good go to for those days you aren't feeling bold lips but want a little something. Will be buying more colors.

on 9/29/2014 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I was surprised to see the low rating for these..I love them! I picked one up on a whim last summer and have bought three more since...I like the smell and I feel they do a decent job of moisturizing my lips. I purchased Apple Blueberry Pie, Pink Lady (my fave) and Big Apple Red....For the price, you can't beat it. The color also stays on pretty good, better than some more expensive brands. Love them!

on 8/12/2014 6:54:00 PM

I own this product in Applelicious Pink. For the price, I think that it is pretty good quality. It gives my pale skin a nice bit of color. I like the smell and taste - kind of sweet and apple-y. It would be even better if it had SPF, but maybe that is asking too much at this price!

on 7/12/2014 11:26:00 PM

This was recommended as a summer have in Cosmo - I bought them on a whim. I purchased caramel apple and garnet gala. The caramel apple barely showed and garnet gala was darker, but both seemed to setlle in the fine lines of my lips. The effect after an hour or two was that dry cheap lipstick feeling I remember from purchasing cheap lipstick in the 80's. I will not be purchasing these again.

on 5/31/2014 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Uggghhh....I fell for the cute packaging (the little apple) but I dislike the formula and the scent. Being a sorta hybrid lip product it's supposed to act as a lip balm also but it dried my lips even more and made my lips looked awful.

on 5/13/2014 12:47:00 AM

ugh. I got the goldenish one and it was awful. it accentuates all the dryness on my lips and looks so bad I can't even wear it long enough to comment on its effectiveness as a balm. skip this.

on 5/1/2014 8:40:00 AM

this is a one cheap lip balm so i don't expect a good packaging.Colors are great and looks good on lips BUT the smell... and the taste.. just disgusting. Apple smell is sooo heavy and artificial and the taste is just unbearable.I like the formula and the texture actually I wouldn't care about the smell and the taste if it wasn't that bad.