April 18, 2014 | 1799 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2014 2:51:00 AM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think these are fun - bright pinky red tubes, plenty of product and a little core (heh) of cute apple shaped goodness in the centre. The have a decent texture, not too waxy or slippery so they feel nice on and they might retain moisture OK but they don't actually moisturize super effectively. Still as long as you reapply them while needed, they'll leave your lips soft and smooth with a very sheer hint of colour.
Applelicious Pink - barely (barely!) there sheer nude pink
Apple Blossom - soft warm rosy pink
Apple Blueberry Pie - cool berry mauve
Garnet Gala - shimmery warm metallic red
Apple Plum Pie - clean, neutral raspberry plum
These all have a pleasant artificial apple fragrance, I quite like it but it's definitely synthetic - think apple jelly lollies, sweet, not sour. The caps are clear and I'm not quite sure why they need to be so long for 3.5g of actual balm stick but they're definitely bigger and chunkier than a standard tube of Chapstick if you're going to be lugging them around, so that's something to keep in mind.
They're not HG by any means, but a nice, possibly quirky little option!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2014 12:34:00 AM More reviews by adrenirushxaudri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this in "Raspberry Sorbet" and I got this thinking, "there's raspberry and apple in the name, this should smell amazing," but not so much. Aside from a waxy and otherwise nonexistent scent, this little guy is alright for the price and the results. This particular one is part of the City Bloom collection and it's a medium pink shade around the outside and the (adorable) little apple in the middle is a paler pink. Again, no taste and almost no scent, bummer, but the color comes off as a nice "my lips but better" shade. For a cheap, quick, and cute lip-balm/lip-tint to throw in your purse? It works really nicely. For the price, there is a good amount of product and in most newer displays, there's a coupon attached you can use for your purchase. These sort of remind me of the Maybelline Baby Lips in texture, but less shiny (a good thing, in my opinion) and the scent isn't prevalent. I may pick up another if a different color perks my interest the next time I see them, but overall, an okay buy. Wear time is just like most balms - an hour or two then reapplication is a necessary but a breeze.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 3:29:00 PM More reviews by Mooberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received this for christmas and I am addicted. Never thought I would be but I really am! It's been 2 months and I never ever go anywhere without my lip balm which is still going strong. I love how subtle it is and how the colour is slightly but not overly buildible I highly recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 12:30:00 PM More reviews by Roaringtempest

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the fragrance and presentation of these- the apple in the middle is adorable. All of the colours are more subtle than lipsticks- they are tinted lip balms after all. The colour selection is decent. Blushing Golden, Pink Lady and Big Apple Red all caught my eye. I went with the latter, and I may not buy Pink Lady after reading the reviews. Blushing Golden however I will buy for softer looks and I may post an update here.

The wear of these is the same as all of the other tinted balms I've tried- 1-2 hours. Price was inexpensive, it was about $2.49 at my local Walmart. Leaves my lips feeling smooth and soft afterwards.

The colour of Big Apple Red is not exactly what I expected, but in a good way. I was worried it would be too red against my porcelain skin but it's much more subtle. It still pops, but the coral colour in the middle subdues the red a bit. It gives my lips a fresh, healthy, flushed look. It can be built up a bit, if you so desire.

5/5 lippies. My new favourite lip balm. I think most of the mixed reviews are due to colour choice; from what I've read Big Apple Red and Applelicious Pink are the strongest tints.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2013 5:37:00 PM More reviews by magda12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I definitely have mixed feelings about these cute lip balms.

For one, I can hardly complain when it was so super cheap - lucked out and they were 40% at my local CVS, which made them less than $1.99 a pop. A steal, right?

Also, they were showcased in the Allure Best of Beauty 2013 Cheap Thrills section, and saving that much was pretty thrilling. I excitedly grabbed 3 shades of this balm: Chocolate Apple, Pink Lady and Applelicious Pink and ran to the register.

Once I got home, I happily swiped Pink Lady across my lips. And swiped again. And again. Um.... hm... my lips were shinier and felt moisturized, but there was no sign of the frosty pink tone the color in the tube promised. Booooo. Might as well use chapstck.

Next was Chocolate Apple. Better. After a number of swipes, I could see a soft, bronzy, natural color on my lips. Not amazing, but cute.. sheer. I can imagine the Caramel Apple is even sheerer (ie non-existent). Ah, I got the whiff of the sour apple smell too. Interesting.

Finally, I tried on Applelicious Pink. Ah, now we're talking! The color was still a sheer but decidedly more pronounced medium pink. After a couple of swipes, I could easily see the pretty color... very cute and natural. Keeper!

I will definitely be returning Pink Lady and I'm on the fence about Chocolate Apple. The Applelicious Pink, however, has found a permanent home in my b-room vanity area. :P

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by mndjohn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

not a great product. It was pretty useless, it doesn't apply evenly, the texture is meh and the shades range is strange. To finish I didn't notice any particular moisture. too bad

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2013 4:33:00 PM More reviews by hdooling

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I got the Pink Lady color from a friend, so I initially didn't know the price of this balm. Knowing that both this balm and Maybelline's Baby Lips balm (which I also use) are both around the same price (3 bucks) I feel like the cost wouldn't be a selling point.
The packaging seems a bit bulky and I know that they could've used a lot less plastic in some areas. The little apple in the middle of the balm is cute.
The color I have, Pink Lady, is a very light, sheer pink. It isn't very buildable, and it could look a bit frosty depending on the natural shade of your lips. The finish is pretty slick on the lips and I find myself reapplying after about forty-five minutes, but there is a slight difference in how smooth my lips are. It does have a sort of apple-y smell, but there is a hint/aftersmell that's pretty chemical-like. The taste is waxy with a slight, slight touch of sweetness, but I didn't really expect much else.
I'm not a huge fan of the color I have, but knowing that there are shades out there that are more my style is good to know. This line offers a lot more shades than Baby Lips does.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2013 1:57:00 AM More reviews by normajeane73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this balm. I own two and use them a lot. They give a nice, soft color, are moisturizing and leave my lips soft. I will buy again for sure. I like how they smell.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was soooooooooooooooo happy to find this balm here because here in Spain, especially if you live outside the big cities, they hardly ever import anything from outside the country! Such a bummer! But I dug this up in an obscure little drugstore, I was so happy! I don't particularly like the smell or taste though, people say it smells like red apples, to me it smells more of sour green Granny Smith apples, which is a flavour I don't much care for. It feels nice on and moisturizing, however when you wipe it off you find that the effect didn't last and you have dry lips again (well at least I do, but I always have dry lips). One day I used MAC's lip balm, the one in a little pot, and on the same day later I used this NYC balm and I could really tell the difference in quality. The MAC was so smooooooooooooth and moisturizing even after wiping it off it left me with soft lips, whereas the NYC didn't. The MAC also gave me a very smooth, even colour whereas the NYC one was streaky and the colour was uneven. I would still buy this lip balm again because it's cheap, just a fraction of the price of the MAC balm, and I can use it when I don't need to look really nice and polished, like to run errands, and it gives me a bit of nice colour and still makes the lips feel moist while it is on, even if the effect doesn't last.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2013 4:20:00 AM More reviews by sultaria

I cannot wear most lipstick due to having dry lips so I use a lot of balms. Some balms also just dry my lips out but this one is quite good. I really like the smell of this. The color and moisture are good. I have to keep reapplying quite often but for the price I don't mind. It looks very natural and the tube is cute. I like this much better than Revlons just bitten balm and Maybellines Baby lips, both of which I find drying.