October 25, 2014 | 1123 users online

Eye Primer - Clinique - Touch Base for Eyes in Up-Lighting

rated 1 of 5 on 1/1/2013 3:23:00 PM More reviews by seacolourr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love, love, love this product! It's an amazing shimmery taupe that works amazing as a base or alone, and lasts all day without creasing. I work early in the morning so most days I look to cream shadows to give me a put together yet effortless look. This does that amazingly and lasts for a full work day without creasing on it's own, and lasts even longer when I decide to put a powder over the top (My favorites to combine with this shade are Nars Ashes to Ashes and Covergirl Tapestry Taupe). My only gripe with this, and as the others have said is that it dries out so quickly, literally. Within days of peeling off the plastic over the cream, you can tell that it's not as smooth as it once was which is a real shame because it's one of the best cream eyeshadows at a reasonable price point. I'm not sure why Clinique doesn't change the packaging. It's got a flip top packaging like most powder products have, which isn't accommodating for a cream shadow, especially the clinique packaging because it doesn't close very tight anyway. I've found storing mine upside down helps a little bit to bring the moisture of the product to the top of the cream, but I can tell that I won't be able to keep it much longer because it's getting difficult to apply.

Overall this product is an absolute gem in Clinique's cosmetic line, but I don't think I would repurchase it with the same packaging. I would definitely not hesitate to repurchase if they repackaged it, maybe more reminiscent of MAC Paintpots or Maybelline Color Tattoos. Like I previously stated you have a few days, a week tops, to really enjoy the product for what it is before it begins the steady decline into becoming dried up.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2012 9:17:00 PM More reviews by AndreaMCA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nice shimmery color and great base. I think I purchased this based on the reviews here a while ago but I can no longer use mine because it has dried up on me. It became all chalky and doesn't blend very well anymore. :( It is a nice shimmery taupe color but I deftinately would not purchase again it if it not going to last in the container.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 11:48:00 AM More reviews by amandaeclark

I love this color. I wear it under any brown shadow as a primer or I wear it alone as a cream eyeshadow. The color is amazing and changeable. Ir is a beautiful taupe-ish color that seems to take an undertone from the rest of my eye makeup. Sometimes it seems to have a purple undertone and sometimes more of a bronze. But mostly it looks perfectly neutral and seems to have a glow from within. It has a very soft shimmer. Not even a hint of glitter. It is absolutely my favorite eye makeup product - my HG cream eyeshadow. Easily blended. Just make sure you keep the foil seal and replace it after each use or it will dry up on you.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2012 12:56:00 AM More reviews by MakeMeUp19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is great for being a base or for sweeping some color on your eyes for an effortless look! I wore it for a wedding so it lasted from 2pm until 1am! It never creased or wore off and weddings are a lot of sweating, crying, and lots of elements! I was VERY impressed. I would definitely buy more of these! I docked it one because I wish the packaging was better, I don't like the green marble look. It looks like a pill case instead of a cute eye shadow! But the product is still great!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2010 4:17:00 PM More reviews by jay45

I generally have oily skin so eye shadows always end up creasing. After using this product I dont have that problem at all. I ended up receiving the uplighting by mistake and thought I was getting canvas. However, I love the color of this and often use it by itself. Only downfall is that it can dry out if not properly closed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2010 11:50:00 AM More reviews by georton

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I end up wearing this everyday day now..over canvas. At my age..powders just seem to make my eyes look a little crinkly. This always looks smooth, soft, and lovely. It's a great neutral color that goes with everything and looks professional and not distracting. It's a grayish taupe with some shine..not too dark or light..just right. It's easy to apply, stays put and doesn't crease on me. I'm so happy to have found it. Thanks MUA!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2009 2:28:00 PM More reviews by asr2005

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Moisturizing yet does not crease all day long! Perfect as a base under eyeshadows or an all over lid color. (For reference I wear NC 42-43, sand in super balanced or nutty in superfit)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2009 11:33:00 PM More reviews by AdmiralCharlie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Builds really nicely, and lasts forever in the compact and on my eyelids. Only downside is that because the shade is more purple-taupe on me, I can't wear it alone or I risk looking like I have a double shiner. But it's a staple for work and easy to travel with too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2008 9:21:00 PM More reviews by baileybabe7486

I really love this. It's a slightly shimmery bronzed gray taupe. I love it by itself for a nice structured chic daytime look. It also makes a great base, and pares well with chocolates and even plums. Texture is nice, not oily or greasy, doesn't crease a bit on me. Love the little compact, stays closed and the mirror is nice for quick touch ups.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2007 3:47:00 PM More reviews by nikki_nikki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this product. I am asian w. dark brown eyes and this gives me a subtle, smokey look. I just pat Uplighting lightly on my lids, add black mascara, and eyeliner. This would be a makeup staple if I'm traveling because it comes in a nice, small compact.