April 19, 2014 | 1878 users online

Polishes - Sally Hansen - Gem Crush Cha-Ching!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2013 12:53:00 PM More reviews by jaysfan652

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this polish! It is opaque after 2 coats, which is amazing as most glitters are a clear coat. It's so glittery and sparkly I love it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2013 9:59:00 PM More reviews by sensiblenails

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Cha-Ching! is a clear base packed with lots of bright red shimmer and regular size round silver glitter.Usually, when applied alone it takes three to four coats for full coverage.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2013 5:49:00 AM More reviews by bonniherself

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Disclosure: I am a huge fan of glitter nail polish, and of red, and this is a red glitter. I'm disappointed that I don't like this more. I really, truly expected to love it, and I just don't.

This is a very blingy polish of mostly fine, red glitter (in the true red to warm range), and slightly larger silver glitter flecks. It looks utterly gorgeous in the bottle, but on my hands, it's actually kind of gaudy (and for me, a lover of blingy polishes, that's saying quite a lot!).

Application is a little tricky, I found, and if you try to put on a second coat before the first is dry (at least, I think that's what was happening), the polish simply will not set, even with a quick-drying top coat. I ended up having to redo several nails, and one of them had to be redone twice. I've never had this issue before, so I don't know what caused it, and it wasn't even every nail, so the only thing I can think of is that I didn't let it totally dry between the coats.

This is definitely opaque, and surprisingly smooth when dry. You can get full opacity in one coat, but you need to be careful in applying, because the formula is such that it will drag and push the polish/glitter that has already been laid down if you're not careful.

This is not a horrible polish by any means, but I can't see myself wearing it regularly (and I do wear full on glitter polish quite regularly!). It would be a nice Christmas touch, I think, or maybe some special evening out where ultra-bling is the order of the day, but other than that, this is going to sit in my collection mostly unused, I'm sorry to say, and that surprises me, given my deep love of both glitter and of red...

However, after having this polish in my collection for several months, I've found that if I use it for just an accent nail, or to do just the tips (surprisingly not that difficult!), or for half-moons, it's much nicer than when I do a full manicure with it. So, it's still not something I'm likely to wear on all my fingers, but I've got a lot more love for it now that I've found some creative ways to use it.

DUPE ALERT: Extremely similar to China Glaze "Love Marilyn" from the Eye Candy collection. In fact, similar enough for me to call it a dupe.