December 21, 2014 | 1044 users online

Conditioner - Walgreens Ology moisturizing conditioner in White Pear and Cucumber

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2014 10:59:00 PM More reviews by koroios

Pros: thick, yet not too thick consistency.
A lesser amount goes farther
Gives great slip to natural hair (me: 3b/c 4a mixture)
Relatively reasonable for a natural product (although I got mine on sale)
Mixes well with grapeseed, avocado, or your favorite oil to make it extra conditioning

Cons: the packaging is that annoying egg-shaped kind with the dome-closure cap
Don't care for the fragrance. Smells like an afterthought to cover up an almost stale scent
Relatively small size (13 oz, currently retailing for 5.99), but the consistency and concentration of ingredients offsets this "con"

I have super thick hair (I'm talking about hair that takes serious time and commitment to pull into a ponytail) that is past shoulders when curly and mid back when straight. My last ultimate favorite drugstore conditioner was Garnier Triple Nutrition before they reformulated it (added silicones-which my hair type does not do well with...at all). I have been searching for a replacement that gives good slip and conditions decently. I don't mind if I have to add my own oils as long as it doesn't gum up in my hair or make it feel rough. This conditioner is about the closest to what I've been able to find in the drugstore (Tresseme Naturals doesn't work for me-too drying) that fills the void. The scent fades after a while, but thankfully the conditioning lasts for me.

After conditioning, my curls are softer and take my post-wash styling products better. I can definitely detangle well with this conditioner in my hair.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2013 5:33:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am very divided on this one. I'll start with the pros: It is sulfate and paraben free. It contains coconut oil pretty high in the ingredient list and smells good granted you like strong scents. My hair dried nicely with soft definition and looked shiny. Now for the cons: The scent doesn't linger. I was left with the subtle smell of the shea butter and I could feel some oiliness from the product once my hair dried. Drier hair types might want to give this a try. Those with finer or medium textures might want to keep a clarifying product around. I am also baffled why the volumizing conditioner has the exact same ingredients as the moisturizing one with the exception of the scent. Also it contains protein even though the bottle says it doesn't. In conclusion, I think it did a good job in terms of performance. I think the formulation could use some work but it is a nice drugstore choice for those with dry or curly hair. I'm still debating whether I want to repurchase but will keep it in my rotation of products because I like the texture it gives my hair.