September 20, 2014 | 999 users online

Eye Shadow - Laura Mercier - Caviar Stick Eye Colour - Grey Pearl

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2013 1:16:00 AM More reviews by CoonieR

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm so glad that LM expanded the color range on the Caviar Sticks--the two colors I've tried so far (Grey Pearl and Orchid) have both been fantastic, and now I'm tempted to try more of them, even though some of the original colors (Plum) didn't impress me.

The name Grey Pearl is a little misleading, IMO. When I tried this, I was really expecting a true grey, which is a little odd considering that there were two other grey Caviar Sticks. Grey Pearl is actually more of a light silvery taupe, which is fine by me. I'm thrilled to see that LM added a taupe-y color to the Caviar Stick lineup. I really like how this can be layered for a more intense effect. This is a great color for work--it's subtle, but has a little shimmer for fun. It's a slightly lighter, cream version of my beloved Bobbi Brown Fawn e/s.

The only thing I don't love is the staying power. Now I have oily eyelids, which makes wearing ANY cream shadow a challenge, but even over a primer this lasts 6-7 hours at best on me before it fades away. On the plus side, I notice minimal creasing and this is very easy to apply and blend.

This is lovely and if you love silvery or cool-toned taupes, you should check this one out.