April 18, 2014 | 1869 users online

Eye Shadow - Almay - Intense i-color liquid shadow/primer

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by MrsEdgewood

I bought this product since I was in need of a primer. I typically buy e.l.f. eyeshadow primer (which is only $1), and I have always heard great things about Almay. I bought the primer-eyeshadow for blue eyes and the color is silver/blue. It shimmers and in my opinion, is very pretty on my eye lids. I love the color and how well it compliments my eye color. The one thing I do not like about it is the applicator. You cannot just swipe the wand across without the primer smudging, but really, that is not a big deal to me. The primer lasts about 8 hours and is something that I use when I am pressed for time.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

From the packaging, this shadow/primer looks like a soft gray. I thought I'd try it out because I love gray shadows. Yikes! This thing is horrible for blue eyes. In fact, I don't think it would work for ANY eye color. The color is a bright, silvery-sky-blue with massive glitter/shimmer. I applied it with the doe foot and tried to blend it out with my finger. The consistency is patchy and would never work as an eyeshadow primer. I wiped it off with a cotton ball and my eyes still had glitter pieces on my eyelid. I returned to Target.

The option for another eye (green or hazel) is a brown -- it is the one pictured here. That color would be more complimentary to blue eyes, however, because of the consistency and unevenness of this product -- I will not purchase any of these shadow/primers. Clearly a miss.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2013 11:45:00 AM More reviews by Melikeymakeup

I bought this as something to throw in my purse before I finally was able to get some Chanel Stylo Eyeshadows, but I actually like this much better than I ended up liking the Chanel shadows. This comes in really handy when I am in a super hurry but want to look a little more polished. It smooths easily onto my lids, is easy to blend, stays in place, and has a nice subtle shimmer to it.
A very good value!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2013 7:55:00 PM More reviews by kimdburns

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I purchased this in the blue color. All that was visible on my was silver shimmer and the product did not provide any primer benefits. The LM Eye Bright may be $12 more but it's matte and does what's suppose to do.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2013 12:22:00 AM More reviews by rainydays1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I can't believe no one else has reviewed these yet!!! I love these liquid shadow/primers from Almay. There are four shades: one for brown eyes which is a smoky amethyst, one for blue eyes which is a silvery light blue, one for green eyes which is a green gold, and one for hazel eyes which is a warm golden taupe.

I have purchased the one for hazel eyes twice now. I wear it alone or as a primer. These are such great liquid shadows! That last all day and never crease and show up beautifully on my fair skin. I bought mine for just under $9 each at Target. I really hope these become a regular item for Almay. I recently bought a second "hazel eyes" shadow just to make sure I don't run out anytime soon!