September 21, 2014 | 2047 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Studio 35 - Beauty Blending Sponge (Collagen Infused)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 12:42:00 PM More reviews by SStar777

I saw this sponge at Walgreens. It was for $6.49. I thought to give it a try, as it said professional grade and washable. I tried it, and found it blends well, does not absorb much of liquid foundation and the shape is just perfect. For the price it is good quality and also easy availability, at ur closest walgreens. It is a good product. I did not like its packaging but that really does not matter.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2013 11:00:00 PM More reviews by jassymommy

Ok so I like this sponge. Yes as others have stated it is harder than the original beauty blender but it works! Do not just mist some fix plus in it and expect it to be soft. U must wet it under running water wring it and repeat. It will expand, soften and blend like a dream! And I use way less foundation when using this sponge rather than a brush.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2013 7:34:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

I had heard a lot of good things about the Beauty Blender sponge, but my budget didn't allow me to pay $20+ for one. So I researched the internet for dupes, and found this at my local Walgreens store.
Should be called "Blending Rock". This thing is super hard, you won't be able to squeeze it even if you dampen it a little. It does not apply product evenly, if you manage to apply anything because it ABSORBS every bit of foundation you put on it. It doesn't serve the purpose of a makeup sponge, and for $6, it's a total ripoff.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2013 5:02:00 PM More reviews by mzjade22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I stopped using sponges for makeup application years ago and switched over to brushes. I decided to try this instead of a real beauty blender because its cheaper and looked easier to hold. I bought this at Walgreens because I had remembered one of my ELF flat top brushes (the one I mainly use for concealer) was on its way out and I was nowhere near a Target and couldnt find anything comparable in the brushes Walgreens offered.

I can see what other reviewers mean about the sponge being hard. I always mist it with a little Fix+ before I use it, but its till harder than normal sponges. It blends out my concealer really well (Prolongwear), but I dont really like the finish it gives my foundation (Studio Sculpt/Lancome 24hr). I do like how it blends out my tinted moisturizer (Tarte).

It cleans well and is cheap, it hasnt totally changed my mind on using sponges instead of brushes, but its good to have around.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2013 8:48:00 PM More reviews by Dca0513

I agree with comment about this being super hard. I too did not open to check in store and when I went to use it the first time was extremely disappointed and angry that I didn't check it!! It's so hard to use and blending products is almost impossible. After trying to soak it in water thinking that maybe it would soften with use , I ended up throwing it out. Complete waste of money!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2013 10:03:00 PM More reviews by shannonmaariee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been in search for a foundation sponge/brush. As a high school student i don't have money to be splurging on sigma brushes or the actual beauty blender (sadly). Overall, i LOVE this beauty blender sponge. It works great, in my personal opinion it's very soft. It says in the packaging " ...will not absorb too much liquid make-up" so from the get-go it's showing that it will absorb some. I used the rimmel bb cream with this sponge to start with, which is pretty thick, and I haven't had a great time with this bb cream, but when i used it with the sponge it spread it evenly and looked great! ( I tend to use this bb cream as a concealer for the time being because of the shade ) But overall I LOVE this sponge. It's a great doop! And for the price it's great. It does absorb SOME product, but it gets the job done and it does apply liquid/whipped/creams pretty well all over the face. Same with concealer! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2013 10:40:00 AM More reviews by ashswonderland

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ok. So I work for walgreens and have been eye balling this blender since we got it in. Its fairly new and was on sale and had a coupon plus my employee discount so I had to get it right?! So 2 bucks and some change later I took it home. :)
Used it last night and it really isn't bad! I haven't used a beauty blender or any kind of blender actually so I can't compare it to anything but I think its a neat little tool.
I wet it and squeezed out the excess water so it was damp then dotted some if my clinique even better foundation all over my face and blended it in with the bottom wide part of the sponge. It worked pretty well for covering a large area such as cheeks and whatnot. I attempted to use the pointed part under my eyes and around my nose which was a tad awkward at first. I was paranoid I might accidently poke my eye with the pointy part. I didn't though :D
I also used this to blend my clinique acne solutions concealer which worked amazing! That stuff can be a little cakey but this blender helped it so much! So yeah I'm pretty fond of it right now and just bought a back up! There still on sale so what the hey! It really is worth looking into its like 6 bucks and walgreens lets you return practically anything. So there's not much to lose.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2013 10:00:00 PM More reviews by Tramrak

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

absolutely horrible, terribly worthless product. i am a HUGE fan of these Beauty Blender-type egg shaped blending sponges, especially since using one of them (the Sonia Kashuk turquoise Beauty Blender-dupe) provided me with perfectly applied, seamlessly blended foundation for the first time. Since i first bought the Sonia Kashuk version, and then loved it so much that i decided to buy the original pink Beauty Blender (but still ended up much preferring the SK version), i decided to give this one a try as well when i saw it at my local Walgreen's. from the packaging, which is a nice plastic shield around the bright pink, SK-shaped sponge, this looked like a great deal for $5.99, and curiosity always gets the best of me. I didn't think to open it up and feel the texture of the sponge, which was a big mistake. this might as well be a bright pink, egg shaped CONCRETE statue masquerading as a sponge. it is rock hard, and this is coming from someone who prefers the denser SK version to the much softer and more pliant Beauty Blender. it is so hard it was like trying to apply my foundation with something made of rock! absolutely no give whatsoever to the sponge, which makes it impossible to mold around your features and blend out your foundation as it is intended to do. secondly, the pointed end of this sponge is cut in a really awful and unusable way, seeing as how the point is too dull and too shallow to even get near places like the corners of your nose and around the eyes. it could never work to do detail work the way the other 2 sponges i've mentioned can, and one of the reasons these sponges are indispensable is because you can do every inch of your face in seconds without missing one spot thanks to the ability to cover big and small spaces alike. i hardly ever return things, especially if they're under $10, but this is going back ASAP. don't be fooled by the price, it may be $6 but it's completely unusable. spend a few more dollars on the Sonia Kashuk blending sponge for $10.50 and enjoy the world of flawless foundation.