August 1, 2014 | 1014 users online

Cleansers - Equate - Refreshing Cleansing Towelelettes

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2013 2:12:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaJo19

Big disappointment. I saw these at Walmart and grabbed them because compared to my Neuteogena mu wipes, you get twice as much for half the cost. Sadly, you get what you pay for. These wipes are rougher, not as soaked, and I believe are the culprit to my extremely sensitive and scaley eyelids. A couple weeks ago I noticed my eyelids becoming pink, as well as my undereye area sometime. Areas on eyelid became scaley/flakey and burns when I put a product on them. If you dont have sensitive skin, maybe you can try but these were too rough. I wish Neutrogena had the nice packaging that this does, its wonderful.
Wont buy these again. Dont use this on eye area!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2013 8:21:00 PM More reviews by Popcornshrimp

Cons-
Smells very strong like green tea (smells exactly like Elizabeth Arden's Green Tea perfume)
Scent lingers
Nothing in it is a natural ingredient, except water
Not wet enough to remove mascara 1/2 way through (make sure you hear a click when closing the package)

Pros-
40 in a pack for around 4 dollars
Nice thickness. (Not as thick as Yes to Carrots brand, but not thin either)
Packaged like Yes To Carrots towelette products. (soft plastic shell, hard plastic cubby in the middle so they don't dry out)

On the package it says, compared to Garnier Refreshing Remover Cleansing Towelette. I looked up the ingredients of the Garnier version, and they are completely different. Equate version is all chemical names that I can't pronounce, and the Garnier version has a few recognizable things like grapefruit extract, peppermint, ect. Reviews of the Garnier version say it's a fresh, light scent. This is far from that. I should have followed my gut and went with the original, because the scent is gross and lingers. I think I'm going to quit with equate products after this. A lot of the equate versions smell very elderly, and don't have the same ingredients as what it's "compared to". I will gladly shell out a few extra clams for the real thing at Walmart. (Target's store brand is usually pretty similar to the "compared to" product.)