April 16, 2014 | 1418 users online

Loose Powders - FLOWER Beauty - Powder Up! Loose Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2014 9:25:00 AM More reviews by Wakeanbaker

I love love LOVE the packaging! And that's about it to be honest. I got the lightest color that they carry which is the L01. It is super orange on my face and looks spotty. I'll probably have to touch it up during the day. I've never had this problem before. I was really hoping this product would work. The product feels like and it doesn't smell but it doesn't work the way it should.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2013 12:24:00 PM More reviews by Endit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This won't be a full review or anything, just a quick impression.

I purchased L01, and it was WAY too dark and orange compared to the About Face foundation in LF2. I was like "WOAH WOAH WOAH" immediately and tried to remove it. It's been months since the manufacturing mixup (putting L02 containers in L01) was reported, so I thought it was fixed... nope. Either it still exists or the product is just TOO dark. Really, what I got was not a light shade at all. It wasn't bronzer dark, but it was dirty looking and not light. The puff was ok, much firmer than what am used to. I went back to Walmart and tried to peak into L02 to see if that one was ok, but I couldn't get the sticker off easily and didn't want to get caught, so I just returned it for my money back. The powder did give a soft, not overly matte look and feel though from my one use. The container is a bit stupid being so big, but at least you can use it to dispense powder in.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2013 12:14:00 PM More reviews by Lydia07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

As of last week the mislabeling had been corrected on the products that were on shelves in my Walmart. That said, I'm still not a huge fan of this product. Its a shame, because it feels so light and wonderful and I love the texture, but when applied the color looks somewhat uneven. I also notice it does a very poor job at controlling oil. By the end of the day my face was super shiny using this. This may be a decent product for people with dry skin, but I still like my NYC loose drugstore powder better. Wish I could combine the texture of this with the oil controling/lasting power of Coty. There is also very little product despite the big looking container.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2013 2:39:00 AM More reviews by christi4200

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to add my two cents, that YES the colors are marked wrong on these, and there is most definitely a manufacturing defect. They were sold out of my shade (#3), so I bought the lightest shade as a gift for my mom who is NC15, and it looked like a dark, muddy bronzer. So I returned it & told the guy at customer service about the issue. He advised me to call 1-800-Walmart to tell them about the manufacturing problem. He said his managers wouldn't listen to him if he told them about it. Lol, probably true. I did call 1-800-Walmart and tell them (shows how much i love makeup haha) but the woman I spoke to seemed rather incompetent/disinterested/confused/all 3, so I don't think that helped much. Maybe Drew will read these reviews and fix the problem, lol. Anyway, I checked one of the other powder shades just to be sure (there was a couple there that were opened so I could check, there is *always* opened makeup at my Walmart), & when I checked the 2nd shade, it was most def much lighter than the shade that is marked as the lightest. So be careful when buying the lightest shade. Unfortunately, unless you find one that's already opened, there is no way to check the shade, and if u find one that's already opened, u probably don't wanna buy it anyway, but I digress *sigh*. Just wanted to warn everyone! The texture of this powder did feel quite lovely tho, very silky for a drugstore powder. I have a feeling it's a very good quality powder in the correct shade.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2013 4:58:00 PM More reviews by PianoGirl1985

I agree with the person who commented first on this product, the colors seems to be messed up! I bought this in L02 and yes it was much lighter than L01 (which was purchased by my friend with fair skin). So do watch out for that.
I do like the powder. It's very fine, very soft on the face (it does provide that "soft focus" that Drew was talking about).
I actually sprinkle the powder from the main container into the round lid, which works very well.
I sometimes also like to sprinkle some of my loose highlighter into in and use it that way on my face (makes my face appear less flat).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2013 5:01:00 PM More reviews by uraznbabygurl

Just a quick PSA: When I purchased this (sometime last week, so early February), the Light (L01) shade was *darker* than the Medium (L02) shade. I had read somewhere that someone else experienced this. I'm hoping that this mislabeling doesn't occur for the next batches.

The packaging is very pretty, but also kind of a PITA. It irked me how hard it was to close. There's this notch on the lid that you have to match up with the groove on the actual container. I fumbled with this for about 5 minutes when I first used it. I suppose this mechanism also helps the lid stay on once you close it, though.

I purchased this in L02 for my NC25ish skin. Like the pressed powder, this loose powder is finely milled. I liked the matte finish I achieved when I initially set this over my liquid foundation. Unfortunately, this powder doesn't do so well with oil control. I began to see some oiliness after around the 3 hour mark. I think the pressed powder does a much better job at oil control, even though it isn't marketed as a mattifying powder. In a nutshell, thumbs up for texture but not for performance.