October 20, 2014 | 901 users online

Gels/Soaps - The Soap Works Carbolic Bar Soap

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2013 7:19:00 AM More reviews by xyan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I would have to agree with the last post, as it relates to "backne". Within a matter of days the back acne I've suffered from for years have disappeared! I could not believe it!!! But it is a very drying soap, so just make sure you slather on the moisturizer after your bath.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2013 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Meganxoxo24

I found this soap while shopping at the Bulk Barn, and was intrigued with a natural soap without all kinds of unpronounceable chemicals. This soap is listed as anti-bacterial and mildly antiseptic soap that is ideal for acne!

It isn't listed online but at the store the product ad said you feel a tingling clean after using this and that sounded awesome to me as I like the menthol type feeling from a body wash, I find it just makes me feel cleaner than ordinary types.

I have since bought another bar which I'll later, so I use both of them in rotation. After using this bar, I didn't feel "tingling clean" but my skin felt incredible. Tight and squeaky clean! I've never felt this way after any of the many body washes I've tried. I noticed a different in bacne after several days!! There is no packaging which I Lovee as its more environmentally friendly and they are not tested on animals (which I try to only buy but its so difficult to find quality products that do not).

These soaps lather better than any body wash I've ever used. Only word of warning is if you have drier skin in the winter months like I do, I rotate with the Emu Oil bar which is the perfect balance of clean/moisturizing!

Also, the staying power seems pretty great, I've left one open on the soap tray and keep one in a soap container I bought at the dollar store and both have the same staying power!

Love Love Love!