Sally Hansen Gray-T Escape

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I don't usually like nude polishes but this one made me change my mind! It's such a pretty color with my pale skin and I can't recall having any problems with the formula. Definitely recommend.

on 12/21/2014 6:16:00 PM

I agree with it being a great, flattering neutral (very pale skin - YMMV) that applies easily and wears very well (>5 days).

on 12/21/2014 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Wonderful formula and brush, absolutely beautiful color. This is my favorite nail polish of life. Goes with everything, appropriate for any occasion and I get compliments on this color all the time. I've had trouble finding anude polish that works with my skintone; I think this color works on me because it doesn't have a yellow/peach tone to it. I've repurchased this a couple of times and have two backup bottles. I will cry if this is ever discontinued!

on 8/11/2014 8:13:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I love this color. I picked this up in Walgreens because I was going on a first date with a guy and wanted a nice, soft pink color on my nails. This fit the requirements.
It is a very lovely soft pink that glides on nicely and looks wonderful. The thing I love about these Sally Hansen nailpolishes too are that they last a long time. I got a good week's use out of this before it started chipping. I would definitely repurchase this color if I ran out, it's pretty much my go-to color when I want something simple but pretty for school, work, etc.

on 12/15/2013 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I will just echo what everyone else has said. This is one of my favorite polishes. I picked it up on clearance at Target this past summer. I had always been a casual painter of my nails but for some reason, this polish turned me into a daily mani-wearer. It was my gateway polish! For that, it will always hold a special place in my heart. It is the perfect, understated nude without being boring. I am NW10-15 and I posted a pic of me wearing it on this review.

on 5/8/2013 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

If you're looking for the most perfect, elegant, undersated, classy, greigey pink your search is over!. Like other reviewers I carried this nail polish around in the store going back and forth on whether or not to buy it. I have so many nude pinky greys that just don't look right with my cool coloring that I swore I'd never buy another and just quit searching. That is until this baby showed up. Oh my but it's beautiful! Delicate, but it makes a statement. It has that kind of futuristic , clean minimalist look...polished and utterly gorgeous! I can't stop raving about it or looking at it on my fingertips. Everyone and I mean everyone (that wears nail polish) has asked me "who makes that and where can I get it!?". The color pairs well with my wardrobe of neutral clothes and looks great with pops of any color, too. I used a $4 off coupon (in this weeks Sunday paper) for any Sally Hansen polish over $5 and these were on sale for $5.99 at walgreens this week. 99 cents for my HG shade is not bad! I have other colors in this line and love the formula...even the wide brush. If you take nothing else away from this review and you want this polish brand/color to remain chip-free for (at the very least) 4 days, and up to a week, then do not use a base or top coat...they're already built-in. Believe me, I've tried all variations of each and this polish alone works far better by itself than with anything under or over it. I'm going on my 6th day with this color and not a single chip. It's quite shocking as everything chips on me within the 1st day! If you love light beige, with a hint of gray, pink and lavender (no shimmer) then you're gonna be in love with this polish!!

on 4/15/2013 2:35:00 PM

After amassing an absolutely SHAMEFUL collection of "nude" polishes, I have finally come across this -- my HG nude.

At first glance, I thought it looked way too dark/purple/grey in the bottle, but it coats beautifully and I love that fat Sally Hansen brush, regardless of other critiques.

Don't let the name fool you, it's more purple-pink than grey.

My "undertones" are apparently "purple" - who knew!

Beautiful color for fair/cool toned girls!

Eureka!! I discover my hg nude nail polish!!

I have not been too interested in bold colors. I am always on the hunt for neutrals. I love essie chinchilly but it's too dark for Spring. This is perfect for work and school but at the same time, this has an interesting tone, it has a touch of rose in the beige color. This is a warm tone and looks great with my NC 30 skin color. I get compliments on this too and it makes my hands look elegant. Also the quality of this nail polish is nice and does not chip. It reminds me of OPI and the brush is nice too. It's wide and it fits my nails well. Also I did not use top coat and I worn it for 5 days without any noticeable wear or chipping. I usually wear this with 3 coats for complete opacity.

Neutral lovers- run and get this now!! It retails for about $8 and there's always sales at the drug store. I also love the packaging of this, there is a rubber ring around the cap and it works as a grip making it easy to paint my nails,

on 3/3/2013 2:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I finally found my go-to taupe/nude! This color looks great on my skin tone. This is what i expected Commander In Chic to be but I was wrong, it was wayyy too dark, it looked very muddy. Definitely recommend!

on 2/17/2013 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have just found my staple nude polish. This opaque slightly pinkish and definitely more beige nude is beautiful!!! Although it's called Gray-t Escape there's no gray undertone. It looks like a clean shade beige on my NC45 complexion. It's similar to OPI's Gargoyle from the Germany collection. My only concern is that the polish was on the thick side. I find Sally Hansen polishes vary in consistency. Definitely make sure it's dry before applying a 2nd coat.

Popular Polishes