July 26, 2014 | 933 users online

Lipstick - FLOWER Beauty - So Gladiola

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2014 11:42:00 AM More reviews by belovedhope

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let's start with the positive. I love the packaging and the peachy (bright but not too bright, warm and slightly brown) color. However, I can't stand the taste/smell. The formula is also dry and the texture slightly reminds me of a crayon. If not for the taste/smell I'd be willing to work it, but it's just too much. Maybe I got a bad batch, but not really that motivated to look into it either. I rate this "bleh."

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2014 10:00:00 AM More reviews by ladypamela1

It's matte, creamy and did not suck the moisture out of my lips. The color is a very well pigmented 60's peach.Bright enough to not be considered a nude but not too bright either. It works so well on me and I'm a nw25 skintone.I love it but not sure anyone else does, Oh well! I have trails of lipbalm everywhere and do not experience and flaky dryness on my lips from it, infact it feels very creamy for a long time. Ymmv.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2013 11:45:00 PM More reviews by mkinthecity

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Edit 12/19/13: Sadly, after I wore it for a few hours, the lipstick was so drying. When I looked in the mirror, it had faded and looked so chalky and dry. I gave it a few more tries, but nothing I did could solve the issue with the texture of this lipstick. The color was beautiful and perhaps it is just that my lips need a more moisturizing formula. It is really sad because I really wanted to love these lipsticks. Five for the color, but one for the texture... overall it gets a two and I can't recommend this product until they reformulate it.

Yes! Yes! Yes! I love this color! It's like a vintage modern peachy coral! The formula can be drying if applied directly to lips without a lip balm. To be fair, I am not use to a velvet matte formula. I always use moisturizing formulas. However, the good thing is the color payoff is amazing! It goes on much more opaque than emollient formulas, so I just need one coat. I don't even need to use a lip liner with this color. To be honest, I was afraid this color wouldn't work. It looked darker than the usual nude tones I purchase. But I wanted a change, without going all out bright red. This was the answer! It is such a pretty and unusual color and the texture of this formula is perfect for this color (sometimes different colors in the same formulation can have a very different texure and feel!) It is a muted bright (oxymoron I know!) It's a peachy coral color. It gets sheered out when I apply the lip balm underneath (Carmex). I sometimes apply this with the Morning Glory from the High Shine collection (black case) to get a the perfect nude-y peach and it makes my lips less dry too :) I don't notice a difference in the fullness of my lips however. I still give this a 5 even though the formula is slightly drying, but nothing lip balm won't solve:)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2013 12:58:00 AM More reviews by Mshellan4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

WOWZERS!! Holy 60s lipstick batman!! I wanted a bright coral and boy did I get it!! Crazy neon orangey coral on my face...the product is ok, packaging is too bulky. Have a few different colors in this brand and I'm not really impressed Drew...affordable and u can find it while shopping for soap at Walmart!!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2013 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Ricksgirl32

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this because I did want a bright coral! However the formula is awful :( it's too matte and dry,it settles into every line on my lips.
On the upside I do love the color and plan on trying to use it over a clear balm or maybe adding a gloss on top.
I don't mind the bulky packaging but,what I do mind is that the cap can only go on one way,not a deal breaker but,a bit inconvenient.
This might be the right l/s for you if:
1. You like matte l/s
2. Your lips are not excessively dry
3. You like bright corals

If not I say skip it!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2013 7:53:00 PM More reviews by Deanna2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to try this new line. I was looking for a new lipstick in a warm pink and chose this by looking at the little swatch on the tube. Unfortunately, like others have mentioned below, it's a bright coral. If you're looking for coral, you might be happy with this, but it is definitely not what I wanted. The packaging is gorgeous though, albeit bulky, and the price is right, so I might try to exchange it for something else in this line. I might try the cream blush, because with that I can see the actual color.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2013 11:52:00 AM More reviews by cinnabunny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow, this was unexpected. I bought this right after the product rollout, without the benefit of the spot-on reviews here. What looks like a rosy pink in the color sample on the tube turns out to be a BRIGHT orangey-pinkish-corally color on the lips. It reminds me of the lipsticks they have been putting on the J.Crew catalog models for the past few seasons. At first I hated the color, but now kind of appreciate it for a different bold spring lip.

The formula leaves something to be desired. Like others said, it is draggy, seems a little bit drying, highlights flaky spots, and is kind of pigmented but also not. It immediately fills in lip lines with a lot of pigment but not on the exposed skin in between -- it would probably look better if you applied more to even it out, but I shied away from applying more because it's such a strong color. This is the type of color that a company like MAC would do really well, but with this formula, by a new company, it seems like a miss. Sorry, Drew.

One other thing: your teeth need to be White White White to pull this off. My teeth are not yellow but not super white and this color makes them look horrible. I'm going to keep this lippie around, but only for the few days I'm feeling like a J.Crew wannabe-meets-Posh Spice (no smiling!)

UPDATE: Like another reviewer said, try this over other colors like wine or brick red. For example, over Black Honey it transforms into a very wearable deep rose. Layering also seems to fix most of the formulation problems.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2013 4:51:00 PM More reviews by Paisleyann

Really regretting this purchase. It is straight up 60's light coral, with the chalky finish to boot. It goes on dry dry dry and it is bright! Much brighter than the window on the bottom of the lipstick case portrays. The packaging is adorable even though its a little bulky. I love that its made in the USA and not tested on animals (my 2 new criteria for beauty products now). I have managed to make this work, if I fill in my lips first with a darker berry lip liner and top off with a neutral gloss. Its a lot of work to go through when you were hoping for a grab and go lipstick. If your into bright corals, this is your ticket. You will definitely need balm or gloss because its really dry and drags on your lips.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2013 2:38:00 AM More reviews by uraznbabygurl

I agree with the reviewer below that this IS a bright color. Fortunately, it does flatter my light, golden complexion. I would describe it as a coral with slight pink undertones. I took off one lippie because I don't find anything special with the formula. It reminds me of the NYX Round Lipsticks, but it isn't as slippery. Pigmentation is moderate. Cute packaging to boot as well!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2013 11:05:00 AM More reviews by kim080464

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Holy mother of bingo Grandma's!!! This shade looks like something you would see in a bingo hall with a ton of older ladies with way too much make-up on. It is bright!

Now, I did a ton of research for swatches of this color and everyone made it seem like a beautiful shade but once I got it home and applied, I was like "yuck!" It didn't look like any of the swatches I saw.

That being said, once I blotted and added a lip gloss over, it looked toned down and much more wearable. Still debating on the shade but I liked the formula. And the packaging is CUTE!

Update: gave this another go today. This time I used a darker lip liner and applied lightly. Much better. I am glad I purchased this because it really is a pretty coral. I don't have any colors like it. It does apply patchy but if you give it a few minutes it evens out.