October 23, 2014 | 1925 users online

Fragrances - LUSH - Gorilla Perfume - Sikkim Girls

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2014 4:30:00 PM More reviews by lydiaie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

this is sensual...i love it. it lasts a very long time and you only need to dab a tiny bit on.
it's gorgeous, it smells of jasmine but it's not at all fresh. it smells smokey, like incense. i really really like it. it reminds me of festivals and of travelling. it makes me think of fortune tellers and it makes me think of the time i went to japan (the temples smell a lot like this)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2014 6:53:00 PM More reviews by Treasurelea

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have worn other fragrances from Lush over the years including Karma and Breath of God.
I wanted to try something new and purchased this based on the description alone. I am a little surprised by my reaction. Karma and Breath of God are not subtle scents at all and I have loved them. Sikkim Girls is entirely different. For me It is much more subtle and warm. Originally, I didn't like it much when I smelled it from the wee bottle because it didn't have a "wow" effect like Karma and B.O.G.. However, once on my skin the scent became delicious and addictive. It is a dance of jasmine, vanilla, and frangipani, which as scents on their own are lovely, but when put together become entirely new. I will run into friends both male and female who hug me and then hug me again commenting on how great I smell. I also have the Sikkim Girls Body Lotion which fragrance is slightly different but is also a new favorite. It seems oily at first but eventually sinks in to my skin and leaves me moisturized. I put a little in my hair and use it like a balm for the ends. If you prefer more natural perfumes and dislike synthetic fragrances it is worth a try. Don't be put off by the silly packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2014 9:20:00 PM More reviews by swebber

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Sikkim Girls fragrance is fantastic. It reminds me of an oil I bought from a street vendor in Little Italy many years ago and have never been able to find again. Jasmine and vanilla are my two favorite scents and one or both are in every fragrance I own, but this combination is unlike any others. Might be the frangipani but the scent is purely exotic. It makes you feel like you are in a faraway, mysterious land and when you wear it, everyone notices you. It also lasts and lasts but not in a strong way. I put some on when I bought it and took a bath shortly after. It was still lingering on my skin even after the bath. This scent is so unique and if you like jasmine and vanilla, you can't go wrong.

I highly recommend it but the reason it didn't get a perfect score was the packaging. I absolutely hate pefumes that must be daubed on--what is this, 1938? LUSH has fantastic solid perfumes you can roll on your skin and spray bottles that are purse friendly, so why not present Sikkim Girls that way? The packaging is ridiculous. Even a roller ball would be more convenient. Other than that, it's perfect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by oubliette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Sikkim Girls - an impressive new addition to the Gorilla perfumes collection! I've always been a fan of LUSH scents, and the unique fragrances have what kept me coming back year after year to this company.

Sikkim Girls is a very strong, creamy white floral, mostly jasmine. I spent 6 months travelling in India and I can confirm that the smell is spot on! There are many strong odours in India (spices, cows, sweat, incense, urine, garbage, etc...) but one of the main things that stands out is the jasmine flowers that women wear in their hair to drown out the bad scents. Sometimes it was my only relief from the overwhelming stench, to be pressed up against in a woman in the train with fresh jasmine flowers in her hair.

Along with bringing back memories of the good scents of India, it also reminds me of the spirit of Monyette Paris. Since I've moved to Europe, it's been impossible to find, and for me Sikkim Girls is a good replacement for the strong smokey tropical floral that I crave. :)

Price is good, considering that I bought the smallest bottle and I only need a few drops at a time. The packaging on the new scents is not the greatest (kind of cheap and kitschy). I'm not crazy about the splash bottles either (hygiene!) but they're ok. It's mostly the cartoony look that irks me a bitl The unique perfumes from LUSH deserve better!

On the other hand, the "cheap" look of LUSH perfumes keep them under the radar, and I can keep my unique scents a secret. :) I highly recommend Sikkim Girls as a strong, creamy floral and tropical scent hat makes an impression!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2013 6:31:00 PM More reviews by reikigoddess

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am liking these new LUSH offerings. I too purchased the smallest bottle (everything looks just like the pics here) but will probably be buying a larger size when I run out. There are 9 new scents and each come in 6 different bottle sizes (I'm told this will be streamlined). One of the bottles offered has a dropper (about an 1 oz. size) and the rest are dabbers. All are nice but my favs are this and Furze (basically vanilla & coconut-has mimosa and neroli ess. oils too & furze aka gorse). Sikkim Girls is a must try if you like white florals w/a little depth. I like the pkg. and laidback feel of the line. Sometimes things can get way too frou frou, serious and pricey in the world of perfume. This is a nice change. I think these are the best of the LUSH perfumes-nothing too strange or cheap smelling or too strong. BTW, if you like smoky scents you have to check out Voice of Reason, Hellstone & Devil's Night Cap. I also received a Lush comic book with my purchase that chronicles the stories behind the perfumes.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2013 11:18:00 PM More reviews by Ultraviolet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I honestly did not think LUSH could top their Lust fragrance in terms of floral...persuasion. But Sikkim Girls is the yang to Lust's yin. The jasmine is heavier, more pronounced, the entire bouquet is more insidious. While wearing and loving several bottles of Lust, I often wondered how it would smell when Lolita blossomed into a woman.

It smells like this. More experienced, owning the old tricks. How to remain in your head when you can barely remember it was there. But you know its name.

The sugary vanilla is balanced with smokey incense. The jasmine is everywhere but so is violet and tuberose. Powdery but almost acrid at times. I applied this scent six hours ago, and it has now morphed into leathery candied iris.

Given that this is the second day I've worn it, I'm hesitant to write a full review as the scent is too new for my body.

But the presentation for the entire new Gorilla line is delightful, far above and beyond anything I imagined after devouring its advertisements. In the store, the fragrances are presented in an apothecary-like cabinet. When purchased, they are wrapped in tissue paper and inserted into a cylinder--along with an ingredient listing which resembles a tarot card. The container is then sealed with a sticker.

Currently, these new scents are only available in a handful of stores (thankfully, there was one in Chicago) and online. While they are definitely niche, there are enough varieties to ensure most everyone can find their match.

Unfortunately, the smallest size offered in this new line still runs at approximately $20--so unless you do have a store within a stone's throw, you're investing a fair bit into a product which may not suit your personality or chemistry. Be forewarned that most of the bottles in this collection do not have applicators, so a delicate hand will help in applying the right amount for your preference.

Having said that? The listed top notes in each of these scents are quite true to form (I purchased five, and none have yet to disappoint me), so if you like those individual elements? There is a good chance you will like the entire fragrance.

But Sikkim Girls stands out. If subtly applied, I can see how it can be teasingly nuanced (this would make a great perfumed hair mist). But if you want to stand out as well, without making a scene? Likely without even saying a word? Try this one.

Will update after I wear this to the office.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No