December 21, 2014 | 1032 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Estee Lauder - Illuminating Perfecting Primer

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2014 8:47:00 PM More reviews by FeminineWoman

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I purchased Illuminating Perfecting Primer during the summer, and didn't return to the mall in time for a refund at the Estee Lauder counter.

When I applied this to my face, felt drying, and barely had slip. Knew applying fdtn over this primer would be futile. Fdtn dragged along, all the while face feeling more taut and dry due to this primer.

Finish after applying fdtn over Illuminating Perfecting Primer produced peeling and small beads of fdtn on certain areas of my face. I then checked out the finish, standing by a window, with the blinds up, with a mirror in hand. Had to double check to see if it's really that bad. Lo' and behold, this primer has small particles of glitter in it….no, just….no.

Returned to using e.l.f. studio mineral infused face primer/color corrector, and currently using POREfessional primer/corrector. Both good products.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2014 11:45:00 AM More reviews by sugapie1

I had the make over at the counter and was told this is good for sensitive skin, break outs etc.

I have combination skin, T zone and dewy, dull but not dry cheeks, sensitive skin and eyes.

A little goes a long way, I use a brush to sweep it over the skin. It glides on and is smooth in texture. Foundation goes on lovely on top and the primer just gives it that finishing touch with a tiny bit of healthy glow underneath.

However, it made my chin and side of nose it and a broke out in spots which itched. This isn't good for the T zone nor sensitive skin like mine. I cannot use this everyday. Instead of throwing it away I use it say once a month if on a night out. Shame but this isn't any good for people who have skin like mine. Positive side is, it didn't affect my eyes at all as with my eyes even though I don't put products underneath, the perfume can still irritate my eyes, this did not.
Sadly I won't buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2014 10:43:00 AM More reviews by arletty

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product breaks my face out. I am older and always had sensitive skin when I was younger, but I seldom have any "breakouts" now. I like the way my makeup looks over this product ( a slight glow), but every time I use it I break out! I won't be buying it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2014 8:23:00 AM More reviews by pocket123

I don't get the good reviews on this product. I tried it for a week or two and my make up still slid off my face (I have combination skin and would get slightly oily in my t zone) and I don't think my foundation blended well over it. I waited for the primer to dry completely and then put my foundation on with my fingers and my foundation felt 'bitty' like as if flakes off the primer were coming off as it hadn't dried properly. It's been left in my old makeup bag and that's where it'll be staying as I'll not be using it again. Gutted! Love Estée Lauder products and use their Advanced Night Repair and Daywear plus moisturiser but this primer was just rotten. The 'illuminating glow' was almost non existent for me. I just looked like a shiny mess!! #tragic lol

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 5:26:00 PM More reviews by muttermum

HG product without a doubt. My make up stays put all day and night with this gorgeous product! I am so happy i bought it and I shall repurchase happily too. It smoothes and really softens fine lines, it is illuminating, but not too glowy either. Just makes my face and make up look fresh and radiant.
I know when I have this on under my make up, that it will keep it there and the lovely natural look it creates lasts and lasts. I have had this product about a month and I wear it most days under make up and I have a few compliments which is nice. I think it makes my skin look a little bit younger with it on as it blurs out my fine lines and pores.
It has a lovely feel too when you apply. It isn't drying at all. It feels like a light day moisturiser upon application, never feels heavy or matte, it sorts of feels as it goes on like a refresher! But it really holds my make up down so it's a win win.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2014 9:06:00 PM More reviews by supafob

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received a deluxe sample of this from a friend that actually gave me over five uses (so many I stopped counting!) - that's how little you really need for your face. Price of this product runs about $34 for 30ml/1oz at department stores (Nordstroms/Macys).

Likes:
Glowing & Radiant Skin (not sparkly!)
Moisturizing
Non-Greasy
Absorbs Quickly & into skin
Improved Skin Texture
No over-powering scent

I never knew what glowing skin could look like until now. Glowing doesn't actually have to mean oily either! I had put off testing this product because I was afraid this product would give me a shimmer or a oily sheen. Now I am glad I tried it because it is definitely a contender for regular purchase & use in the future.

I like the fact that after applying this to my skin, my foundation doesn't get affected by it. I use this with Mac Liquid Foundation, which usually gives me a really flat matte face. Not a bad thing, but sometimes you want more natural dimension and a glow. This primer really helped with that. My face looked more radiant, vibrant, & young! It really created a smooth velvety surface that my foundation melded with. Some of the silicone primers I've tried felt like the product just sat on top of my skin. This wasn't the case with the EL primer.

Texture and scent of products are really important to me. A product’s scent can sometimes make it or break it with me and skin products. Sometimes the "unscented" or "natural" products actually have a terrible smell that is not appealing to me. The product has to really be a knock-out awesome product for me to deal with the scent. I'm glad this one doesn't have that problem. No perfume smell, no oatmeal/granola natural smell). The texture of this product is more dense & creamier than Laura Mercier hydrating primer & Clinique’s primer that I recently reviewed, which is something I actually like/prefer. Feels more moisturizing to my skin. The product felt really soft on my skin, spread easily

Non-greasy, absorbs quickly - didn't have to wait for this to absorb before applying foundation. This is very important to me, since I usually am pressed for time.

Improved Skin Texture - after application, I felt like this product made my skin bouncier and soft.

I tested this during the winter season, so I am not sure what will happen during the summer – if it will leave my skin a bit greasy or oily, or if my makeup will melt off of my face by the end of the day. As for all-day lasting power during my testing period, I wore makeup for at least 9 hours and I never felt like I needed to touch up. I haven’t fallen asleep with my makeup on while wearing this primer, which I feel like is the ultimate test to a primer’s lasting power. Never a good idea to fall asleep with makeup on, but hey, it happens and at least you get more test results!

Dislikes? None at this time, besides the price!
Overall – really eager to try more than the sample I have. It’s a great option for when I want to have a natural glow, making my skin look more vibrant and young.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2013 11:15:00 AM More reviews by westiegirlaz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have to be honest-I got a deluxe sample of this primer from Estee Lauder, I currently use their foundation as well. I went through the sample with no issues and my coverage lasted so much longer, so I bought it.
Now I've been using this for close to a month and I'm breaking out...the large, painful cystic acne that I have fought for years to get rid of. I have fair, dry, allergic, sensitive skin and have had great luck With EL, but this is not working. I'm hoping Nordstrom will let me return it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2013 2:24:00 PM More reviews by chechi

First primer I've purchased and I really like it. I have dry skin so I thought of trying an illuminating primer (to get rid of the dull look from my skin) and this one is reasonably priced. I work 12 hour shifts and honestly this primer makes my TMs, and foundations last all day... I do use setting powders as well but I have tried skipping this and my face just looks so dull at the end of the day... this is definitely a workhorse product and a winner IMO!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2013 11:49:00 AM More reviews by imperiale

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I LOVE this primer, and I generally hate primers... I used to use Smashbox primers, and whilst they applied gorgeously and looked amazing on bare skin, foundation looked crap over it! Really discouraged me from trying them for a long time, until finding this.

This one glides flawlessly over my moisturiser, evens my skin right out, and my Double-Wear foundation applies well. It does however "pill" if you are vigorous with foundation application or your moisturiser hasn't sunk in yet - I noticed I got super annoying little chunks of gunk that I then had to spend ages clearing off my face before I could do anything else - I've taken a lippie off for this reason.

Good functionality, definitely worth the price, packaging is good (like I've previously said, not hugely aesthetically pleasing, but totally functional). Will definitely re-purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2013 3:19:00 PM More reviews by Emitesoro

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The best primer I have found so far. Glides on smoothly and gives a gorgeous glow that lasts all day. I find I can get away with using only a dab of foundation on top and my skin looks flawless and natural. Just love it!