Ettusais Foamy Rich Mousse

on 3/24/2015 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is pretty amazing! The foam produced is dense and substantial; it is truly like applying melted marshmallow onto your skin. It has made my washing routine so much more anticipate after a long day.

The packaging is sensible; with a safety cap and push button to dispense the product from a small nozzle. Control is needed, but not unmanageable. Recommended use of 2 golf balls which I personally found too much, so I stick to 1 egg - sized ball of foam. Very hygienic and practical.

Cleansing power is sufficient without stripping skin of its moisture. Skin is left supple and moisturised. I am not gutsy to attempt this as a 2 in 1 makeup remover + cleanser, so I use my oils to remove makeup before. Toner swipes are relatively clean, and skin is left clear, smooth and soft. I have only used it for 3 days so im looking forward to update when it becomes a regular routine!

I can see myself going back to use this cleanser over my other cleansers. The foam produced is much more "cushiony" than Lancome's mousse eclat cleanser. The scent is less elegant compared to Lancome, but its much more of a joy to use and left my skin more moisturised.

on 2/11/2013 2:36:00 PM

I bought this to replace my daytime facial cleanser, the Clinique Anti-Blemish cleansing foam. It claims to:

- Remove makeup
- Cleanse the pores
- Cleanse the skin of dirt and impurities
- Be gentle on the skin with hyaluronic acid and collagen
- And can be used as a mask

The packaging is basically like an aerosol can; you have to shake it a few times and then pop up a plastic protective lid to access the pump to dispense the foam. The foam, as the product name suggests, is dense and mousse-like. In fact, it's almost like shaving cream? Sometimes it also reminds me of blended egg whites that form stiff peaks before they become meringues.

This works pretty well for a daytime cleanser; it's gentle and doesn't dry my skin out too much, and it's easy to spread around the face evenly. It does leave that slightly squeaky clean feeling after washing that some people don't like, but I don't find that to be a problem. There is a slightly lemony scent that threw me off the first few times I used it, but I got used to it after a while.

I don't really have many complaints about this. One bottle lasted me about three months. A little bit (about the size of an egg) goes quite a long way actually. The company's website recommends using two table-tennis balls' worth of foam (one for each hand) and then with both hands, gently massage the foam onto your face.

This is way cheaper in Japan, where I bought it, than it is where I currently live, so that might be the only thing preventing me from making this a daily staple, but overall, it's a good cleanser.