August 21, 2014 | 1861 users online

Cleansers - Ettusais - Foamy Rich Mousse

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2013 2:36:00 PM More reviews by hslo

I bought this to replace my daytime facial cleanser, the Clinique Anti-Blemish cleansing foam. It claims to:

- Remove makeup
- Cleanse the pores
- Cleanse the skin of dirt and impurities
- Be gentle on the skin with hyaluronic acid and collagen
- And can be used as a mask

The packaging is basically like an aerosol can; you have to shake it a few times and then pop up a plastic protective lid to access the pump to dispense the foam. The foam, as the product name suggests, is dense and mousse-like. In fact, it's almost like shaving cream? Sometimes it also reminds me of blended egg whites that form stiff peaks before they become meringues.

This works pretty well for a daytime cleanser; it's gentle and doesn't dry my skin out too much, and it's easy to spread around the face evenly. It does leave that slightly squeaky clean feeling after washing that some people don't like, but I don't find that to be a problem. There is a slightly lemony scent that threw me off the first few times I used it, but I got used to it after a while.

I don't really have many complaints about this. One bottle lasted me about three months. A little bit (about the size of an egg) goes quite a long way actually. The company's website recommends using two table-tennis balls' worth of foam (one for each hand) and then with both hands, gently massage the foam onto your face.

This is way cheaper in Japan, where I bought it, than it is where I currently live, so that might be the only thing preventing me from making this a daily staple, but overall, it's a good cleanser.